Chad Greenway... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Greenway...

LIQUID24 said:
Guess what powerful running back managed only 18 reps at a previous combine?
I'm guessing Ronnie B. or Ricky. Doesn't really matter though, running the ball requires different areas of body strength. Lower body is more important for an RB or MLB. For an OLB he needs to have some upper body strength to be effective in the NFL.

Dolfan5000 said:
I'm guessing Ronnie B. or Ricky. Doesn't really matter though, running the ball requires different areas of body strength. Lower body is more important for an RB or MLB. For an OLB he needs to have some upper body strength to be effective in the NFL.

I was thinking the same thing.

what are everyone's thoughts on DeMeco Ryans?

SpeedRush99 said:
I'm not as high on Greenway as most. I've only seen him play about 3 times and he wasn't a major factor. Especially in their bowl game, you'd expect the star player to shine in the big game but he was basically non-existent against Florida, had maybe 2 tackles tops. While his teammate Abdul Hodge outshined him greatly breaking the Outback Bowl record for tackles.

We see eye to eye on this for sure. Hodge was a beast. He's been fairly under the radar during the pre-draft activities, I would love to see the Phins take a chance on him.

Dolfan5000 said:
Yeah it was Ronnie Brown. Anyway, Greenway has always been a little more finesse than he is physical, kinda like Derrick Johnson of KC. It's probably his main weakness. So I'm not sure why anyone would be all that surprised by his somewhat low reps. Still, I don't think it's a dealbreaker.

LIQUID24 said:
Yeah it was Ronnie Brown. Anyway, Greenway has always been a little more finesse than he is physical, kinda like Derrick Johnson of KC. It's probably his main weakness. So I'm not sure why anyone would be all that surprised by his somewhat low reps. Still, I don't think it's a dealbreaker.
It just doesn't make sense to me how someone could be characterized as a "high motor" guy and be a finesse player. Well, either way, don't want him. I'd much rather get Ryans or a safety like Roman Harper.

40 times and bench press are important, but are alsothe most overrated things in scouting. Sure if you're a 6'4 WR with 4.4 speed (like local product Marques Colston) you'll help yourself a lot. As will Mike Kudla who benched 225 45 times.

At the same time, Kudla isn't the greatest player in the world nor is Colston.

Of course, this is the same reason Derrick Johnson fell so far last year. He and Greenway both have a lot of skill, but they can't take on blocks.

Yeah that's not good for Greenway. His strengths are getting from sideline to sideline, but remember, he's very very smart and he's a player. His strength can improve and will improve.

strength is the easiet thing for a player to improve upon guys, theres no reason to jump off the badnwagon you were on

Dolfan5000 said:
I'm pretty sure a 228 lb Zach Thomas could lift that thing over 30 times pretty easily. How much does Greenway and all his talent weigh?

are you sure about that? And you are talking about a developed ZT compared to when he was a rookie? There was a reason he was drafted in the fifth round, and he may have never been drafted if it were not for JJ.

ChambersWI said:
40 times and bench press are important, but are alsothe most overrated things in scouting. Sure if you're a 6'4 WR with 4.4 speed (like local product Marques Colston) you'll help yourself a lot. As will Mike Kudla who benched 225 45 times.

At the same time, Kudla isn't the greatest player in the world nor is Colston.

Of course, this is the same reason Derrick Johnson fell so far last year. He and Greenway both have a lot of skill, but they can't take on blocks.

thats what they say about ZT, cant take on blocks or once someone locks on him, its over............but the problem is, its hard to get your hands on him.

Now, Greenway does alot of things. He is great in coverage, tackling skills, nose for the ball, and blitzing off the edge. He is a 3-4 LB. Saban wont give a damn about his bench press, he will care about his knowledge and how his game skill will traslate into his scheme.

On the radio, Greenway said he has never worked with weights. He works on his family ranch. He also said he thought he could get bigger, around 250-255. Would be nice if he dropped into round 2 because of this.

The bench press at the combine is not really a strength test, it's more of an endurance test. Depending on your muscle type, if you fill up with lactic acid quickly then obviously you aren't going to do many reps.
If you practice the bench by doing a lot of high rep work then you can increase your resistance to lactic acid and add more reps to your end total.
If they wanted to use the bench as an upper body strength test then surely they should be testing a 1 rep max, not the highest number of reps at a relatively modest weight.

Back
Top Bottom