Chad Greenway... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Greenway...

fitskin said:
I think its a very big deal that he only did 16 reps. Playing Outside linebacker is all about shedding blockers and taking on the lead blockers (pulling lineman and fullbacks) with your shoulder. That all has to do with your bench press, squat and clean. If he only did 16 reps, that would be a big question mark.

Agreed completely.

I saw a few of those "you guys overestimate combine numbers, they mean nothing" posters here, but the numbers do mean something.

Sure they aren't an indicator of everything but with a 1st round pick your looking for someone that has as close to a complete package as possible.

Technique and heart can do wonders for a player but at some point you have to also have the physical tools as well.
A jump to the NFL is quite a change and I think Greeway has a long road ahead of him based on poor strength and speed numbers.

To many question marks for a mid 1st round pick.

oodolphins said:
benched 225 lbs. only 16 times. Now, I am not saying this is a big deal, but does anyone else think that 16 is a low number (no smart@$$ comments please)? I saw someone benched 225 lbs. 41 times today at the combine.

Thoughts?

A little low for what he's made out to be. As a defensive player, especially LB's, when a QB out benches you; I think you better be afraid of him hitting you!

finfan54 said:
Now, Greenway does alot of things. He is great in coverage, tackling skills, nose for the ball, and blitzing off the edge. He is a 3-4 LB. Saban wont give a damn about his bench press, he will care about his knowledge and how his game skill will traslate into his scheme.
Actually...not tryin to be an a$$ but greenway never was really used to blitzed in college so i think that might have been an assumption on your part. the guy covering the combine the other day even said so.. although he said greenway didnt blitz in college very often because of the way iowa ran their defense, the guy thought greenway "could" be an effective blitzer in the NFL"

Back
Top Bottom