Chad O Shea The New Oc? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad O Shea The New Oc?

Well, we’ll see how he does

Seems like he’s done a good job with NE’s wide receivers

His name has been floating around d for a while but I hadnt seen anything official

Wow. THAT'S interesting. Because I'd read somewhere a while ago that he was rumored to be the next Offensive Coordinator...

...for the Patriots.

Edit: Nevermind....that's actually mentioned in the article that was linked. I'm a dufus.

Another first time OC. At least he'll have Caldwell to lean on (I guess?).

i actually like this. He has been the Pats WR coach for 10 years now, and was expected to be their OC until McDaniels came back from Belichicking Indy. I'm sure O'Shea will be fired up to show his worth, and being able to use Caldwell as a resource is very exciting.

I watched an interview with him a few weeks ago where he was asked about how he feels about skill position players and getting players that fit into his offense. His response was "our goal as an offensive is to put all of our skill position players in the best place to succeed and utilize their advantages as individuals"

That to me speaks volumes. It tells me that, a lot like the "Patriots way", we are going to work on exploiting weaknesses and advantages on a game by game basis, and figure out our best matchup as opposed to putting in a "system" and hoping it works.

Promising hire for sure. McDaniels is a nut job as a human but he's a good guy to study under when it comes to game planning and calling plays.

Back
Top Bottom