Chad O Shea The New Oc? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad O Shea The New Oc?

The first time coordinator thing is something else that is kind of overblown. Is it nice to have experienced coordinators? Sure but we should not let the failures of guys like Matt Burke or VJ or Kevin Coyle scare you from taking shots on guys considered up and comers

I gotta say that was a reasonable article by Omar. No spin, just reported the news, and I like that.

One thing O'Shea will probably bring is precision route running, as that's the cornerstone of the New England offense. It bodes well for guys like Albert Wilson, Danny Amandola and Jakeem Grant, who have the quickness to get open underneath and the ability to explode out of their cuts. It's also good news for Kenny Stills as he is a technician deep threat.

But, if we're going to run a Patriots style offense we need an extremely accurate and precise thrower of the ball. That guy isn't on the roster, nor is he in the 2019 draft.

It's like the AFC East is playing musical chairs with all their assistant coaches... NE coaches moving to Miami -> Miami coaches moving to New York -> Probably - AFC East cast offs joining NE to become integral cogs in the machine.

Maybe he can bring over some of that dark magic?

voldemort_harry_potter.jpg

They should steal Belichicks son Steve also to be the DC, that’d be the icing on the cake to take away his own blood line.:lol:

The first time coordinator thing is something else that is kind of overblown. Is it nice to have experienced coordinators? Sure but we should not let the failures of guys like Matt Burke or VJ or Kevin Coyle scare you from taking shots on guys considered up and comers
at this point you prefer unknown quantities over retreads. I wouldn't of minded a guy like defilippo or Kingsbury. I assume he will struggle in situational awareness but hope Caldwell can help him learn

i actually like this. He has been the Pats WR coach for 10 years now, and was expected to be their OC until McDaniels came back from Belichicking Indy. I'm sure O'Shea will be fired up to show his worth, and being able to use Caldwell as a resource is very exciting.

I watched an interview with him a few weeks ago where he was asked about how he feels about skill position players and getting players that fit into his offense. His response was "our goal as an offensive is to put all of our skill position players in the best place to succeed and utilize their advantages as individuals"

That to me speaks volumes. It tells me that, a lot like the "Patriots way", we are going to work on exploiting weaknesses and advantages on a game by game basis, and figure out our best matchup as opposed to putting in a "system" and hoping it works.

I LOVE that

Yeah we still need a QB but there's some good things out there about this guy

While I agree, getting receivers to run precise routes and scheming to take advantage of mismatches will be a big help if Miami can find an average passer . . . who is mentally quick

Back
Top Bottom