Chad O'shea: Miami's Offense Will Have A Patriots Flare | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad O'shea: Miami's Offense Will Have A Patriots Flare

Miami QBs threw 30 perimeter screens this year on 408 aimed passes. That's 7.35%.

Tom Brady threw 38 perimeter screens this year on 532 aimed passes. That's 7.14%.

If you think Chad O'Shea is going to do away with bubble screens, you're not paying attention.

Frankly, it's weird to me that this is such a thing for so many people.

Miami's perimeter screen game was an unqualified positive, producing 209 yards on the 30 throws, with 29 completions. That's the equivalent of a ground game that produces 7.0 yards per carry and rarely gets caught for a loss or a zero gain.

True it was much better this year not throwing to Landry and the occasional Stills/Parker

Bubble screens are ok from time to time as long as they go to fast shifty players.

MAY BRYCE HARPER BURN IN HELL FOR ALL OF ETERNITY!!!!!

Go Dolphins.

This new offensive staff is going to make Gase look like a JV coach. I cant wait.

Bye bye bubble screen :hi:

Umm...You are aware tge Patriots threw a lot of short passes...A lot of short passes.

True it was much better this year not throwing to Landry and the occasional Stills/Parker

Very true. Last year only 159 yards on 39 attempts, with 35 completions. That's more like a classic ground attack at only 4.1 yards per attempt.

Jarvis Landry was a big source of inefficiency there but believe it or not so was Kenyan Drake, who hasn't done well on those perimeter behind LOS pass plays in either year. Every single one of our other RBs has averaged higher than him that way, which is interesting as we think of him as a big time pass catcher. Think he does better beyond the LOS.

RE: flare, panache and offensive chutzpah...

...sure hope we can finally build an O that

scores early & often!

Very true. Last year only 159 yards on 39 attempts, with 35 completions. That's more like a classic ground attack at only 4.1 yards per attempt.

Jarvis Landry was a big source of inefficiency there but believe it or not so was Kenyan Drake, who hasn't done well on those perimeter behind LOS pass plays in either year. Every single one of our other RBs has averaged higher than him that way, which is interesting as we think of him as a big time pass catcher. Think he does better beyond the LOS.

The bubble screen is very useful. Pats and Steelers use it a lot. It looked worse IMO because Juice just danced too much.

My bigger complaint from everything I've heard and have seen is that the fundamentals were ignored by Gase. I'll always give him credit when he wanted to Gase could scheme anybody open. But the blockers all got lost too much or were out on an island

Patriots are the kings of any type of screen and the dink and dunk. A lot of their offense revolves around it. And it somehow always worked to perfection against the Dolphins........

Last edited:
Umm...You are aware tge Patriots threw a lot of short passes...A lot of short passes.

You do realize only a partial use of the Patriots offense will be merged into the offense.

Short passes dont = bubble screens.

Back
Top Bottom