Chad O'shea: Miami's Offense Will Have A Patriots Flare | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad O'shea: Miami's Offense Will Have A Patriots Flare

Is it normal that i'm still pissed we took Konrad in the second round?

I remember being a fan of his predraft, maybe due to hoping he could replicate being the next "Moose" but that obviously didn't happen.

I completely forgot why he didn't pan out here though. Selective amnesia I guess.

I remember being a fan of his predraft, maybe due to hoping he could replicate being the next "Moose" but that obviously didn't happen.

I completely forgot why he didn't pan out here though. Selective amnesia I guess.

That may be what he has now... had major concussion issues at the end of his career. Always banged up as well.

Is it normal that i'm still pissed we took Konrad in the second round?

At least he's been an entertaining bust. On top of the 9 mile swim story, he has a quote I can't find that is something along the lines of 'you're going to be hurting for talent when you select guys like me in the 2nd round.'

Miami QBs threw 30 perimeter screens this year on 408 aimed passes. That's 7.35%.

Tom Brady threw 38 perimeter screens this year on 532 aimed passes. That's 7.14%.

If you think Chad O'Shea is going to do away with bubble screens, you're not paying attention.

Frankly, it's weird to me that this is such a thing for so many people.

Miami's perimeter screen game was an unqualified positive, producing 209 yards on the 30 throws, with 29 completions. That's the equivalent of a ground game that produces 7.0 yards per carry and rarely gets caught for a loss or a zero gain.

I'd be interested in seeing the down and distance when those screens are thrown (if that info is available) As you know, there is a big difference between Brady throwing to the flats on 1st and 10 and Tanneweiler throwing a 7 yard screen on 3rd and 10+.

At least he's been an entertaining bust. On top of the 9 mile swim story, he has a quote I can't find that is something along the lines of 'you're going to be hurting for talent when you select guys like me in the 2nd round.'
Truer words never spoken!

one of the things I said about the bubble screen, I believe way back in preseason, was it was so much nicer seeing DA catch it than JL. DA caught it and was gone, full head of steam forward. there was no wait and look for a hole or dance around, or wait on block, just catch and go. JL did the latter of the two why it was so frustrating with him, yeah I think he did make a good play or two from his dancing and waiting and breaking a tackle or two. But DA handle the screens like a straight up HalfBack dive thru the line of scrimmage, where as JL treated them like he was getting handed off the ball on 3rd and 30 shotgun set draw play

Back
Top Bottom