CHambers a #2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CHambers a #2

FinaticPatch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Chambers to me plays like a good #2 reciever should play. I would love for us to have someone like a Santana Moss or Peter Warrick or Troy Brown that after they catch the ball they do something with it. Im sure this is a stat no one can get but I bet out of every #1 reciever in the league he has the lowest YAC. Im tired of seeing other teams recievers make things happen and ours catch and get tackled. Im sure I'll catch some heat for this but oh well!!!

I agree about Chambers.....he seems to me a lot like Peerless Price.....better than a #2, but maybe not quite good enough to be a stand-out #1.

The only recievers that make plays after the catch are not even recievers Mcmicheal can make stuff happen and so can Ricky.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
Chambers to me plays like a good #2 reciever should play. I would love for us to have someone like a Santana Moss or Peter Warrick or Troy Brown that after they catch the ball they do something with it. Im sure this is a stat no one can get but I bet out of every #1 reciever in the league he has the lowest YAC. Im tired of seeing other teams recievers make things happen and ours catch and get tackled. Im sure I'll catch some heat for this but oh well!!!

I agree.

If he can't get YAC it's because Fiedler can't hit him in strides or that he can't get separation from the defensive back (or both at the same time).

He isn't a #1 WR. I've said it many times.

According to CNNSI

Chambers: 138 YAC
Santana Moss: 200 YAC
Peter Warrick: 173 YAC
Troy Brown: 125 YAC

They're pretty close, but lets factor in receptions...

Chambers: 33 receptions
Santana Moss: 44 receptions
Peter Warrick: 46 receptions
Troy Brown: 27 receptions

Calculate that all together and we get:

Chambers: 4.18 YAC per reception
Santana Moss: 4.5 YAC per reception
Peter Warrick: 3.76 YAC per reception
Troy Brown: 4.6 YAC per reception

Looks like a pretty close race to me...

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

No heat from me...I always noted that our OL sucks and our WRs have no playmaking ability. But at that time it was just another excuse for Jay.

:lol:

Your #1 and #2 receivers have to have playmaking ability. Being able to break away from coverage, recognizing blitzes and breaking off a route to help your QB, breaking tackles.....our receivers do none of that. I always contended that our receiving group are lazy or not smart enough or have no talent. Don't know which one it is though...lol.
In our section the WRs are called the "romantic group". It is refering to the way they trot along next to the CBs much like a walk on the beach or in the park. The only thing missing is that they would hold hands with the opposing DBs.

But, oh well....3 weeks ago it was all Jay...times surely have changed.
:lol:

I agree Chambers is a good 2, but not a 1.

Why do we NEED to sign Dennis Northcutt? Not only is he the #4 receiver in Cleveland (#3 now because the Browns cut their #1). He isn't going to be a number 1 ANYWHERE. Also, the Browns are likely to re-sign him anyway, according to a piece in the Plain Dealer this morning.

Does anyone else think the team should make a serious run at TO, if he really wants out of San Francisco? There's a playmaker. I guess there would have to be some major cap-work done to allow this.

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
According to CNNSI

Chambers: 138 YAC
Santana Moss: 200 YAC
Peter Warrick: 173 YAC
Troy Brown: 125 YAC

They're pretty close, but lets factor in receptions...

Chambers: 33 receptions
Santana Moss: 44 receptions
Peter Warrick: 46 receptions
Troy Brown: 27 receptions

Calculate that all together and we get:

Chambers: 4.18 YAC per reception
Santana Moss: 4.5 YAC per reception
Peter Warrick: 3.76 YAC per reception
Troy Brown: 4.6 YAC per reception

Looks like a pretty close race to me...

OK what I really mean is Yards after first hit I guess that would be YAFH I dont think he has broken one tackle this year. Just wanna a guy that can make people miss.

Originally posted by Boomer
I agree Chambers is a good 2, but not a 1.

Why do we NEED to sign Dennis Northcutt? Not only is he the #4 receiver in Cleveland (#3 now because the Browns cut their #1). He isn't going to be a number 1 ANYWHERE. Also, the Browns are likely to re-sign him anyway, according to a piece in the Plain Dealer this morning.

Thats the funny part, everyone else in the NFL thinks he's a #4 (which he plays) or #3 receiver, but the truth is...he's the best receiver on the Browns. He's second in receptions and yards only behind Kevin Johnson which now they released. I've been watching Northcutt for 3 years, he's my favorite player outside of the Dolphins, and he's the most underrated receiver in the NFL. If you watch him a whole game, he's the most amazing player, he also does kick returns and reminds me of Dante Hall. Trust me, this guy is no joke. The Browns are not going to sign him IMO because Northcutt wants big money at the end of the season which he deserves and the Browns are skeptical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top WR in YAC:

Coles: 380
Boldin: 372
Steve Smith: 334
Randy Moss: 258
Hines Ward: 233

Coles: 51 rcpt
Boldin: 56 rcpt
Steve Smith: 52 rcpt
Randy Moss: 63 rcpt
Hines Ward: 60 rcpt

Coles: 7.4 YAC / reception
Boldin: 6.6 YAC / reception
Steve Smith: 6.4 YAC / reception
Rand Moss: 4.0 YAC / reception
Hines Ward: 3.8 YAC / reception

Hmm... still a fairly close race... note that Chambers is getting more YAC / reception than Hines Ward and Randy Moss...

Back
Top Bottom