CHambers a #2 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CHambers a #2

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Well, you have to be open to get the ball. Chambers hasn't been getting open and/or the O-line hasn't allowed time for the receivers to get opena dn teh QB to find them.

It's a two-tiered problem that starts with the O-line. Then it goes to the WR getting open, then it goes to the QB getting them the ball in places to make plays.

Chambers is good, but he needs to get open more often.

Wait a minute...you can't just throw that out there without backing it up. From what I saw...the boy IS getting open. Timing patterns require that the ball gets there in a timely matter.

For whatever reason...the #1 target has been McKnight, McMichael, & Newson respectively over the last three games.

Last year, when Griese played against us...he threw the ball to McCaffery when he was very well covered by SURTAIN. McCaffery was still able to make the reception because it was well timed and well placed...and the ball was thrown.

Chambers is getting open. Throw him the ball. He needs a minimum of 5 receptions to be a true #1 WR.

Your kidding me right. Chambers does not get yards after the catch? No he does, he gets alot. By the way did you know that has been his strength allways. Why because he is big and very fast. Throw him the ball. Do you see what happens when you throw the ball to Chambers? He catches it. 2 passes to him is ridiculous. I am not saying throw into double coverage but you are telling me Chambers does not get open? He is open very often.

I'm not sure who is at fault, Chambers or the QBs or the coaches, probably a mix.

I do know that he gave one of the sickest fakes I have ever seen by a receiver early this season. I mean he stopped and turned on a dime, even though the guy was behind him. I just wish Chambers was more consistent.

I'd really love to see Derrius cut, that loser, dropping those passes that OG gets in his sleep, and see the team play Tolver in the slot. Like Chambers' rookie season, I think this guy would be a monster. McKnight can't hack it, I say throw that damn thing to Tolver, and Newson while you're at it. I am so sick of underachieving veterans.

Originally posted by TeeMoney
You are missing the point. He's gotten the ball, and hasn't done anything with it. Now the Coaching Staff are trolling the waiver/free agent market looking for another receiver, any receiver, that will do something when the get the damn ball. He's so happy that he caught the ball that he falls down. Pathetic.

That was a pretty worthless/pathetic effort to try and PRETEND that you have a clue what you're talking about. The coaching staff has been looking everywhere for another receiver? Well, DUH! Look who our number 2 is, why wouldn't we? When does Chambers just fall down? Do you watch the games? Funny post.. :lol:

I am sorry, but if Chambers is not a #1 right now, Ricky williams is not a solid back right now. If people can make excuses for Ricky with the OL and poor passing attack, then I don't see the point on jumping on Chambers. When was the last time you heard Dave say, "We need to get the ball in Chris' hands today"?

You wonna mention those breakout receivers? Yeah, I love Santana Moss. I also love the great QB he has throwing him the ball and a good OL. Look at Plaxico Burress, he has been a joke this year. Even Torry Holt, the guy has a great QB, a top OL, and the best #2 WR in football next to him.

You cannot do everything by yourself. As a #1 WR, you are the defense's main focus when they drop back in coverage. Not only do we have arguably the worst #2 WR and OL in the league, but we have a QB that has a weaker arm than Travis Henry, and a QB that can't escape the pocket. If you watch film, the guy has been open many times and didn't get the ball.

I just don't get some of you(now I know why Oliver always says that, he's right). Some of you look at the stats, and either bust a nut or get pissed. Watch film.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I am sorry, but Chambers is not a #1 right now.

[inane babble snipped]

Thank you for supporting my position.

Originally posted by TeeMoney

[inane babble snipped]

Thank you for supporting my position.

Funny.. :rolleyes2

How did I know you would be all over this thread chambersowns?

But I'll support you, if Chambers is not a #1 who on this team is? And does it matter, since the oline gives no time to get the ball anywhere? Other then on the ground when Griese starts?

Boldin wasn't fast enough. That was the knock on him. He seems fast enough doesn't he?

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
How did I know you would be all over this thread chambersowns?

But I'll support you, if Chambers is not a #1 who on this team is? And does it matter, since the oline gives no time to get the ball anywhere? Other then on the ground when Griese starts?

On 80 to 90% of the teams in the NFL he would probably be a two. He has proved to be a solid starter but he is not a playmaker. I do still want him to stay here for a long time but I would like to have a really good ELUSIVE #1 option.

Originally posted by BSQX4
Boldin wasn't fast enough. That was the knock on him. He seems fast enough doesn't he?

Cause he makes people miss!!!! He breaks 5 to 6 tackles every game.

Chambers is evolving into #1 material. He's almost there; I think he'll be there next year. The reason he's not getting the ball is simple: the QB is getting murdered, he doesn't have time to look downfield 90% of the time. I look for Chambers to get a lot more passes thrown his way if the coaching staff finally figures out that YES, WADE SMITH DOES NEED HELP AGAINST SPEED RUSHERS ON EVERY FRIGGIN' DOWN.

Some of you people are nuts. Dennis Northcutt? I'd like him as a #2, sure. Steve Smith? Do we really need a guy who punches out practice squad players and kicks people on the field?

Chambers is a bona-fide 1st round talent. When they measured his vertical leap at the combine, HE OUT-JUMPED THE MACHINE. They couldn't measure it. I think they listed it as 45" because that's as high as the machine would go. FYI Randy Moss jumped a 39", I believe. Chambers definitely has the raw physical talent to be an elite #1.

For those of you who don't know your history, the reasons we got him, and the reason he's not an elite #1 yet are:

1) He did not play WR in High School.

2) He played WR at Wisconsin, where he basically didn't develop as a player. Wisconsin is a "run run run run run" team, and on passing downs they probably said "Uhh, ok. Chris, go deep and turn your head around to look for the ball."

3) He was involved in some college scandal. I think where he was getting athletic shoes at a discount, or some nonsense like that. Basically, the kind of thing that every college athlete does when the school isn't silly enough to get caught doing it.

So basically, for reasons 1-3 he slipped to the second round and has taken more time to mature than most other #1 type receivers. If you think the guy doesn't have the ability to be a #1, you are delusional. A lot of teams are kicking themselves for not picking the guy up.

Miami does not need to sign a free agent WR for #1 type money. Miami needs to find a real #2 WR and get some new friggin' offensive linemen.

The difference between Ricky Williams and Chris Chambers that at one point Ricky showed he was top tier for an entire season. Chambers has not show he is a good #1 for an entire season, much less the best #1.

I wouldn't say on 80-90% of the teams he would be a #2, but there are a few teams where he would not be a #1. I think he would really excell if he was in a pass first offense with a good qb.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
The only recievers that make plays after the catch are not even recievers Mcmicheal can make stuff happen and so can Ricky.

They ain't receivers? Last i figured, anyone that catches a ball is a receiver!! ;) :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom