Chambers better than I spit in your face moulds. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers better than I spit in your face moulds.

Originally posted by Boomer
Moulds is a better receiver than Chambers. Of that there is no doubt. Chris can easily be as good, but at the moment, this isn't even debatable.

i knew that there had to be some sense in this thread.. just took a while to find it.

chambers has never broken 1000 yards. lets start with that real tough benchmark before we start compairing him to one of the best in the game.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
I will concede that the Bills have a very good quarterback in Drew Barrymore. However, if we are to truly compare recievers we must look at the ones throwing the passes. If Barrymore is so great how come he has only managed to hit his #1 option for as many catches and yards as the lowly, mere mortal Fiedler.

The fact is that these are two very good recievers who do their job very well. A lot of smack is being spread around about Chambers getting manhandled on Sunday. We'll see. Chambers may be even more physical than Moulds. Watch for the separation. Watch Chambers make bad throws look spectacular. Then come back Monday and we'll talk.

Player No Yds Avg Long TD
Eric Moulds 11 214 19.5 49 1
Bobby Shaw 6 132 22.0 54 1
Josh Reed 6 76 12.7 24 0
Mark Campbell 6 62 10.3 26 0
Travis Henry 4 39 9.8 18 0
Sammy Morris 2 25 12.5 24 0
Dave Moore 1 7 7.0 7 1
Sam Gash 1 3 3.0 3 0

Chris Chambers 11 209 19.0 57 2
Ricky Williams 9 97 10.8 35 1
Randy McMichael 4 37 9.3 16 1
Rob Konrad 4 33 8.3 9 0
Derrius Thompson 1 24 24.0 24 0
James McKnight 1 12 12.0 12 0
Donald Lee

The only reason why Chambers has more td's than MOulds is because Henry is the leading player in the NFL for td's. We run the ball to the endzone more than we throw.

The only reason why Chambers has pretty much the same yards is because Drew spreads out his throws to our other recievers. Compare the stats between our no. 2 and 3 wr's. RW is your second? What happened to D. Thompson?

Learn your football will ya!

Originally posted by juniorseau55
As for eric moulds and Chris Chambers....

Moulds is the better athlete, he is more explosive, faster and can run after the catch well. Moulds is also a strong receiver and has played good in his career even while having mediocre passers unlike Terrel Owens, Marvin Harrison or Randy Moss. Chambers is a receiver that can go grab the ball anywhere and has a good feel for it when playing his game, he has his speed but isn't as explosive as moulds over there. Chambers can also make catches on traffic with his 45 inch vertical or however long it is. I would pick both if I were to make a team but that's just me.

Well, I have to say that to compare Chambers to Moulds as a reciever, at this point is just ridiculous. However, one thing is for sure, Chambers is the better athlete. As for the 45 inch vertical, Chambers actually outjumped the machine at the combine, so it is actually bigger than that. Chambers is frankly one of the best athletes in the NFL, Moulds is one of the best players.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
also, Henry has 3 more td's than Richard....what's your point?...this thread was stupid from the outset

Who is Richard???

Chambers has excellent talent and has had a great start this year. Moulds has excellent talent and has performed at an elite level for the last three years. Moulds is older so it stands to logic that there will come a point somewhere down the road where age robs him of his skills. If Chambers continues to improve, the day will come when he surpasses Moulds. I don't think that day has come yet, and I would be surprised if it's next year. There is one other connected issue here.

Right now Drew Bledsoe is throwing the ball to Moulds. Jay Fiedler has been throwing the ball to Chambers. Through two games the two receivers have similar stats. Considering history, I'd be a little surprised if Chambers continues that pace through the season and a little surprised if Moulds doesn't do even better, but we'll just have to wait and see won't we. There it wasn't so hard to objectively state the facts was it?

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
I will concede that the Bills have a very good quarterback in Drew Barrymore. However, if we are to truly compare recievers we must look at the ones throwing the passes. If Barrymore is so great how come he has only managed to hit his #1 option for as many catches and yards as the lowly, mere mortal Fiedler.

The fact is that these are two very good recievers who do their job very well. A lot of smack is being spread around about Chambers getting manhandled on Sunday. We'll see. Chambers may be even more physical than Moulds. Watch for the separation. Watch Chambers make bad throws look spectacular. Then come back Monday and we'll talk.

This is the dunbest thing I've read in a while.

Drew "Barrymore" is undefeated- ringing up 69 points in 2 games. He's distributing the ball around.

The question is- if you were drafting a team to play in the NFL today- who would you pick if they were both on the boards? Chambers or Moulds?

Please say Chambers - don't break your run of " ig'nat" football knowledge

C'mon, smack that gerbil on the a$$ and tell him to get that wheel moving, justa, you're too smart to let him keep making you look so dumb.

Originally posted by inFINSible
C'mon, smack that gerbil on the a$$ and tell him to get that wheel moving, justa, you're too smart to let him keep making you look so dumb.

I didn't make that statement you did. :lol:

Originally posted by upstatenydolfan
The talk all week has been about our defense versus the bill offense. I think we swap the roles, because the bills can not cover Chris Chambers. In fact he has better numbers than Eric Moulds this year.

Moulds 11 rec, 214 yds, 19.5 ypg and only one TD
Chambers 11 rec, 209 yds, 19 ypg and TWO td's.

As you can see Chambers has an edge this season, further more that makes him the far superior reciever. (ok so im exagerating a little bit)

Still who is going to cover Chambers.

Also Jay fieldler has more td passes than Bledsoe.

We couldn't cover him 3 years ago. Totally different defense this year man. No Ken Irvin to take advantage of. Chambers is a good player but don't talk about things that happened 3 years ago you are wasting our time.

Thanks

Originally posted by Dozerdog

This is the dunbest thing I've read in a while.

Drew "Barrymore" is undefeated- ringing up 69 points in 2 games. He's distributing the ball around.

The question is- if you were drafting a team to play in the NFL today- who would you pick if they were both on the boards? Chambers or Moulds?

Please say Chambers - don't break your run of " ig'nat" football knowledge

Brand new expansion team? I'd probably take Chambers because he'd be peaking at the same time as my team would become competitive. Moulds however would be on his 11th or 12th year at that time and fading fast. Also, if I've got a mediocre/poor QB I might take Chambers because his athletic ability makes up for some QB mistakes/limitations. On a team that's poised to win today, with a QB that's good enough to take advantage of Moulds, I'd take Moulds in a heartbeat. In a nutshell, Chambers is the better player for Miami, and Moulds is the better player for Buffalo, right now.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Brand new expansion team? I'd probably take Chambers because he'd be peaking at the same time as my team would become competitive. Moulds however would be on his 11th or 12th year at that time and fading fast. Also, if I've got a mediocre/poor QB I might take Chambers because his athletic ability makes up for some QB mistakes/limitations. On a team that's poised to win today, with a QB that's good enough to take advantage of Moulds, I'd take Moulds in a heartbeat. In a nutshell, Chambers is the better player for Miami, and Moulds is the better player for Buffalo, right now.

I can except that since Chambers is younger. There is no doubt who the better player is right now though.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

You would pick Chambers , who has yet to prove he is a proven/legitimate #1 wr in this league over an elite NFL wr in Moulds? It's only been two games and although Chambers is looking good, he isn't proven yet. Wait til' he takes a huge hit and let's see where he's at.

Actually I would be deciding between Price and Chambers, But Moulds? No Brainer. Moulds. If you think most managers would pick Chambers over Moulds at this point in time.........:goof:

I would take Moulds.

Hopefully, by the end of this year Chambers will make me change my answer.

But I would take Moulds.

Back
Top Bottom