Chambers drop % | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers drop %

Spegg

Section 429 Row 17
Reaction score
I know a lot of people here get all over Chambers for his drops. I just heard on the radio the top receivers drop %.

1 Burress 11%
2 Kennison 10%
3 Gates 9%
4 C. Johnson 9%
5 Chambers 8%

I'm sure if everyone would love to have Chad Johnson here, but he does drop a higher % of balls than Chambers.

Chambers also stretches out to get a lot of catches that other receivers would not come close to......sometimes the ball bounces off his hands because he is fully stretched out and making a very tough catch. I just hate the gimmes that he drops because he doesn't always seem to concentrate, but he still had an all-pro year. Hope it contunues. I bet McMichaels had just as many drops this year. :rolleyes:

good find, that could shut up the few remaining doubters

spegg excellent research. the MAN MADE THE PRO BOWL AND WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE talking about inconsistency. Give the man his props

dannydego13 said:
spegg excellent research. the MAN MADE THE PRO BOWL AND WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE talking about inconsistency. Give the man his props

nope they still be upset about something that CC did wrong.

GRAPEAPE said:
Nope I still think he is inconsistent
Yep! me too. It's not how many drops he has. It's the type of drops he has that bothers me. They are makeable catches. They are diving instead of running faster. They are first downs.

GRAPEAPE said:
Nope I still think he is inconsistent
Uh huh, I guess Chad Johnson is inconsistent as well, huh? :rolleyes2

BALLS DEEP said:
Yep! me too. It's not how many drops he has. It's the type of drops he has that bothers me. They are makeable catches. They are diving instead of running faster. They are first downs.
Thankyou, a voice of reason. Yes he made the probowl Congrats, I never said he wasn't good, or that I didn't likehim I said he is inconsistent. How many "circus catches" have you seen him make?? Ok now how many balls have you seen hit him in the hands, only to be dropped? that to me is inconsistency.

Blueprint said:
Uh huh, I guess Chad Johnson is inconsistent as well, huh? :rolleyes2
Sorry, don't watch enough bengals games to comment. But I have seen every Phins games the last 5 years, barring hurricane blackouts. So I think i am allowed an opinion on CC.

Roman529 said:
Chambers also stretches out to get a lot of catches that other receivers would not come close to......sometimes the ball bounces off his hands because he is fully stretched out and making a very tough catch. I just hate the gimmes that he drops because he doesn't always seem to concentrate, but he still had an all-pro year. Hope it contunues. I bet McMichaels had just as many drops this year. :rolleyes:

Those aren't counted as drops. They only count the ones based on normal effort (very subjective). They seem to define that as when the ball hits the wr in stride between the numbers. All the ones that he went to a knee for or were even a bit low aren't counted. Those seemed to be his biggest # of what I would consider drops.

And yes Mcmike dropped too many as well.

Spegg said:
I know a lot of people here get all over Chambers for his drops. I just heard on the radio the top receivers drop %.

1 Burress 11%
2 Kennison 10%
3 Gates 9%
4 C. Johnson 9%
5 Chambers 8%

I'm sure if everyone would love to have Chad Johnson here, but he does drop a higher % of balls than Chambers.
\\

C Johnson also CATCHED alot more...Iam by no means a Chambers doubter or hater..if you ask me..he has finally arrived, but Chad Johnson is a better Wr.

DBoston80 said:
\\

C Johnson also CATCHED alot more...Iam by no means a Chambers doubter or hater..if you ask me..he has finally arrived, but Chad Johnson is a better Wr.

nobody was saying CC was > than Johnson, just that if you consider Chambers drop-proned, then so is Johnson.

BALLS DEEP said:

of course their makeable catches, you cant drop a ball if its not a makeable catch

everyones drops are makeable catches

drops are just that drops..

balls that would make a great catch and are dropped are not considered drops. The thing I like about Chambers drops are he did not drop many after the 200 yrd game, he improved...because if you would have looked up those stat's before that game...the % would have been much higher.

Again, no one has EVER questioned his abilities it was his consistency. I'll take 8% for the year, but try stretch that 8% consistently over the entire season and not all of them in the first 7 or 8 games, like Chambers did this year.

Back
Top Bottom