Chambers drop % | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers drop %

As long as he plays like he did the 2nd half of the season it shouldn't matter anymore.

Im not sure I understand the point of this thread. People have said that Chambers drops too many passes then someone creates a thread showing that he is in the top 5 in percentage of dropped passes to prove them wrong? No one said other wr's dont drop passes or that good players don't do it, people just said he drops alot, this thread proves he does. I dont understand how this proves a point. OK so Johnson and Gates drop a lot too, what does that prove?
For the record I like Chambers a lot and think he proved any doubters wrong this, he was great this season.

wow Chambers has been very popular the past two days or so. I think there have been five threads about him recently.

dol_fan_81 said:
good find, that could shut up the few remaining doubters

I'm not a CC hater by any means, but how does that shut up doubter? Dosn't that show he has one of the top dropping % in the NFL?

Need to Add Fumbles to this Stat!

Spegg said:
I know a lot of people here get all over Chambers for his drops. I just heard on the radio the top receivers drop %.

1 Burress 11%
2 Kennison 10%
3 Gates 9%
4 C. Johnson 9%
5 Chambers 8%

I'm sure if everyone would love to have Chad Johnson here, but he does drop a higher % of balls than Chambers.

Career Fumble percentages are...

1 Burress 2%
2 Kennison 5%
3 Gates less than 1/2%
4 C. Johnson less than 1/2%
5 Chambers 3%

Not complaining just stating the facts...

Spegg said:
I know a lot of people here get all over Chambers for his drops. I just heard on the radio the top receivers drop %.

1 Burress 11%
2 Kennison 10%
3 Gates 9%
4 C. Johnson 9%
5 Chambers 8%

I'm sure if everyone would love to have Chad Johnson here, but he does drop a higher % of balls than Chambers.

Are you sure this wasn't total drops and not drop%? The total Passes Dropped list at STATS were as follows:

Jordan-12
Burress-11
Muhammad-11
Stallworth-11
Kennison-10
Gates-9
Chad Johnson-9
Chambers-8

I don't know where those stats of drop % come from, but according to our lovable STATS Inc, CC has dropped...

8 in 2005, that is 9%...caught 82 (dropped 1 out of every 11 catches)...
4 in 2004, that is 5%... caught 69 (dropped 1 out of every 18 catches)...
4 in 2003, that is 6%... caught 64 (dropped 1 out of every 17 catches)...

this was his worst year for drops, as well as his best year in catches and yards...

Disnardo said:
I don't know where those stats of drop % come from, but according to our lovable STATS Inc, CC has dropped...

8 in 2005, that is 9%...caught 82 (dropped 1 out of every 11 catches)...
4 in 2004, that is 5%... caught 69 (dropped 1 out of every 18 catches)...
4 in 2003, that is 6%... caught 64 (dropped 1 out of every 17 catches)...

this was his worst year for drops, as well as his best year in catches and yards...

Shouldn't the percentages for CC be more like: 166 times thrown to, 82 caught (49.4%), 8 drops (4.8%), & 76 passes defensed/poor throws/other (45.8%).

Edit: Not defending CC's drops for year, was the worst of career for drops. Just think they should be tied to how many times he's thrown the ball.

He has improved and Iam hapy he has gottten better and that he stepped up, but He can always get better, perfection isnt a bad thing.

8 drops seems like a low number. Definintely seems like he dropped more than 8 catcheable passes all year.

Eshlemon said:
Shouldn't the percentages for CC be more like: 166 times thrown to, 82 caught (49.4%), 8 drops (4.8%), & 76 passes defensed/poor throws/other (45.8%).

Edit: Not defending CC's drops for year, was the worst of career for drops. Just think they should be tied to how many times he's thrown the ball.
I kind of agree with you on the issues of poor passing...

Looked CC had a great year his best ever as a Dolphin, but he also had his worst year for inconsistancy...

other WR have similar years and help take their team to a higher level (Post Season)...

as long as CC continues next year with the same determination, he will help take this team to a higher level, since he was one of the main reasons this team went 6-0 in the last 6 games...

flintsilver7 said:
I don't see how the methodology is flawed, because your argument about inaccurate quarterbacks doesn't apply. According to ESPN's stats on completions, the team's completion percentage has absolutely no correlation with the receiver's drops. When I plot completion percentage against the receivers in descending order of drop percentage, it looks jagged. A linear trendline is completely flat; a 5th-degree polynomial trendline oscillates minimally up and down. The average completion percentage of the lowest 30 receivers' respective teams was 58.0% while the league average was 59.5%. The average for the first 15 on my list was 57.8%; the average for the next 15 was 58.2%. I'm making the case that a quarterback's accuracy actually has little if anything to do with the receiver's drops. My list includes 30 players from 21 teams - hardly only accurate or only inaccurate quarterbacks.

There are ultimately three statistics for a receiver relating to this: receptions, passes dropped, and passes not caught that were not catchable with normal effort. While I understand what you're saying, I don't believe for a second it's true because the numbers simply do not support it.

What I'm saying is if CC was thrown to 166 times but 76 of those were passes defensed or poor passes then he really only could have dropped or caught 90 of those. That's what matters how many should/could he have caught. The number of targets is really irrelvant.

saves said:
I'm not a CC hater by any means, but how does that shut up doubter? Dosn't that show he has one of the top dropping % in the NFL?

it also shows that how many times you drop the ball dosn't mean you are a bad reciever. people are always saying that CC is not a #1 WR because of his dropping problem, but these stats show that many great recievers drop the ball more than chris

cltchperf said:
I think it shows more for him than against him. Look at the whole list, look how many wrs are one down at 7 or 6, they are pretty good receivers. Gus who are targeted a lot.http://snap.stats.com/snap/SFA/nfl/leaders.asp?year=P&type=NFL+Receiving&rank=232&Submit=Go

it also shows that how many times you drop the ball dosn't mean you are a bad reciever. people are always saying that CC is not a #1 WR because of his dropping problem, but these stats show that many great recievers drop the ball more than chris

I don't doubt that he is our #1 because of the drops, but it clearly shows what everyone has been saying, and its that he drops too many balls.

Another bad thing is this season his drops came to come in bunches. He's light up the field one day and have maybe one drop then have a piss poor showing the next where he would finish with 50 yards.

I still think he needs to get more consistent. But he is young, talented, and hungry. I think he can do it.

Back
Top Bottom