Chambers Rated Higher than Moulds | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers Rated Higher than Moulds

PhinDude88 said:
I hope that you know that everybody will miss a tackle here and there.

Yeah. Just messin with the other guy.

PhinDude88 said:
I bet ya that if Chambers had a QB that CAN actually throw him the ball, then he would possibly be in the top ten of WR's.

Prove it Chris. Thats all I'm saying. he hasn the physical skills to be a top 5-15 WR. but he hasn't earned it.

And i've drafted him as a 3rd WR for three years in fantasy...just waiting for his breakout year. Hasn't happened.

His best year was as a rookie.

Losman7 said:
Yeah. Just messin with the other guy.

Prove it Chris. Thats all I'm saying. he hasn the physical skills to be a top 5-15 WR. but he hasn't earned it.

And i've drafted him as a 3rd WR for three years in fantasy...just waiting for his breakout year. Hasn't happened.

His best year was as a rookie.

Chris Chambers 48 catches, 883 yards, 7tds

2003 64 catches, 963 yards, 11tds
2004 69 catches, 893 yards, 7tds

Looks like he is getting better to me and our QB play over the 4 years of his career would be average at best...We tried to be a running team every year also...

Rookie Season

Chris Chambers deserves to be rated higher, he skills cannot be denied, but the probably is he has shown the production to backup his ability.

Physically speaking, Chambers is a top 5 WR because of his speed and jumping ability. We have only gotten previews of his true potential.

there is a difrence between:
the better "fantasy" player
and the better "football" player.

fantasy position has alot to do with whats around you, like QB, and running game, O-Lne, and offensive scheme..

while ranking football players, you just look at the player.

right now Moulds is the better football player. Chambers might have the potential, but he has yet to show the dominating aspect of a top WR. where is his 1300 yard season. where is his 100 reception season?

last season moulds was better. but now in the middle of the offseason you say chambers is better, because of.. what? hes 6 months older??

These are fantasy magazines right? Players are usually ranked on there FANTASY value. Seeing as we have a rookie QB coming in I can see what Chambers has more of a FANTASY value than Moulds. He probably will accumulate more FANTASY points and to that, I congratulate all dolphin fans.

zachseau13 said:
The Buffalo fans have a very hard time seeing that Moulds is in the decline, and while he is still a good WR, he is no longer elite.

I could say the same thing about Zach and Sam Madison.

I think this is true. When you have a great in a team you hate to see him start to decline, and in all honesty usually wont except it. I think you are right on all three of the above, but they still have gas in the tank, or else they would have lost their jobs by now.

ch19079 said:
there is a difrence between:
the better "fantasy" player
and the better "football" player.

fantasy position has alot to do with whats around you, like QB, and running game, O-Lne, and offensive scheme..

while ranking football players, you just look at the player.

right now Moulds is the better football player. Chambers might have the potential, but he has yet to show the dominating aspect of a top WR. where is his 1300 yard season. where is his 100 reception season?

last season moulds was better. but now in the middle of the offseason you say chambers is better, because of.. what? hes 6 months older??

Well I believe he will get 1,000 this season and the barrier will finally have been broken, Chambers has the talent to get 1,400 yards. But we gotta see him get 1,000 first, when he gets that then I think he can/ and will really soar after that. He shows that he can dominate games though, he does need to be more consistent but so does the qb, he's gotta get the ball to him and find him or have time to even look downfield without getting sacked. This is without talking about Fiedler, etc from the past two years, I could say that but I won't. I've heard and I'm not making this up that receivers usually take 3 full seasons before they really make an impact. And I already had a feeling he wasn't going to have much of a chance last season, without williams, Boston, plus everything else. Of course you have those rookies that break out there first year, but that doesnt always mean **** either, look at K.Robinson. Then D.Mason is really good consitent receivers, but he even though he consitently broke the 1,000 yard marker year to year. He had on great season in '03, but he has ranged in the 1,100 yard range each season, because thats his limit, he has played to his potential. It took Mason his 5th season to break 1,000, I'm not trying to prove anything, I just happened to notice that when checking his stats. Theres ton of magazines that probabably agree with what I'm saying even though they predict Miami to have 5-11 record or something I've seen some like that. Anybody that knows football, and knows how to analyze will say just like I do, and the analysts, that Chambers has elite talent, or maybe talents that's beig wasted on this team, but he has the talent to put up huge numbers, wheras only certain amount of players have that kind of upside also.

PHINZONER said:
CC is not only rated higher than Moulds, he will prove that he has always been better. This system will utilize his talents and he will explode this year and then "YOU WILL KNOW"
Look at the first 4 years numbers, yeah Moulds blew up, but CC was not used enough to blow up. Chris Carter has stated tha same. I trust what CC thinks of CC and believe he knows more than any of us. He was a top 3 if not 2 and played w/ Chambers, Moss, and others and he works w/ many of the wr still. He is pumped about Chambers potential in this offense.

"OWNED!!!!" :)

How is that owned? Your "boy" wasnt even the best receiver at UW and has yet to have 1000 yard season. Let him pass that "milestone" before you start bowing at his feet. Moulds has had great QB's throwing him the ball? Bledsoe, Rob Johnson, Collins, Van Pelt? Come on.

BillsCA said:
How is that owned? Your "boy" wasnt even the best receiver at UW and has yet to have 1000 yard season. Let him pass that "milestone" before you start bowing at his feet. Moulds has had great QB's throwing him the ball? Bledsoe, Rob Johnson, Collins, Van Pelt? Come on.

In my opinion CC is a wr that has great potential but hasn't performed at the highest level. E Moulds has.

Whitedolphin54 said:
In my opinion CC is a wr that has great potential but hasn't performed at the highest level. E Moulds has.

Chambers maybe hasn't reached his potential and definately hasnt surpassed Moulds. Again he wasnt even the best receiver at wisconsin. Unfortunately, many fans will think that because Lee Evans is a Bill I have biased towards him, but I go to a big-10 school and Evans was the better receiver and many people also thought that.

This doesnt take away from the fact that Chambers is a very very good receiver but still the man still needs a 1000 yards receiving.

BillsCA said:
Chambers maybe hasn't reached his potential and definately hasnt surpassed Moulds. Again he wasnt even the best receiver at wisconsin. Unfortunately, many fans will think that because Lee Evans is a Bill I have biased towards him, but I go to a big-10 school and Evans was the better receiver and many people also thought that.

This doesnt take away from the fact that Chambers is a very very good receiver but still the man still needs a 1000 yards receiving.

This is the pros, who is/was better in college doesn't mean that they will be in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom