Chan Gailey New OC? | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chan Gailey New OC?

Any news on David Lee? I read something where he was a consultant for Miami in 2019. He's got connections to both Gailey and Fitzpatrick.

Something else to consider here. Apparently, Fitz splitting time in Miami and in Tampa where his family of 8 is might be a thing.
Consider the guys 37/38 with 7 kids that aren't local when he's in Miami. That's a lot to deal with for anyone especially someone at his stage in life.

Based on some other post I saw he's done well over $60M in his career and at this stage may cherish retiring and spending time with his family.

Point being, Don't be surprised if you hear in the next couple of weeks/months Fitz decides to retire.

Hopefully

While the choice of Chan Gailey is a bit odd to me, there are a couple of factors that make me want to see how this works out....

First, the speed at which this happened. Not only was O'Shea dismissed, but Gailey was immediately hired, which tells me that this has been in the works for some time.

Second, (and this is strictly my opinion), I think this change is happening based on a larger picture that will take place via the draft. Gailey runs an offense that has more similarities to what Tua runs in Bama and features a strong running game. We had zero running game this year and while that was to be a bit expected with our talent level on the O-line and RB, it clearly has to change moving forward.

Again, IMO, I think Gailey is being brought in to develop the future QB of this team and also the 4 or 5 offensive lineman we will be adding to this roster. There is nothing better for a young QB's ability to have success throwing the ball than a good running game to keep defenses honest. If you also consider that Gailey has worked with Fitz before who is likely going to be our day 1 starter in 2020, this starts to make a bit more sense.

As Mando pointed out he has zero history of developing any QB
He just loves Fitz...UGH!

Dolphins are still the Dolphins. In 37 years this was the least I’ve ever watched. Doesn’t look like I have a whole lot of reason to change that. Sad!

You're claiming you do by claiming I don't.

You're not allowed to opine on here now unless you were a former NFL coach I see. Please... It's a fan message board.

no, opinions on here are great, it’s what makes this forum great. But you were talking about Flores’ actions as if you talked to the man himself, is why I called you out. You were passing along your opinion as gospel.

no, opinions on here are great, it’s what makes this forum great. But you were talking about Flores’ actions as if you talked to the man himself, is why I called you out. You were passing along your opinion as gospel.
Dude enough. You act like a First-grader deciding who's opinion is gospel and who's is just opinion. Please grow up. Admit when you're wrong, and I'm right.

I thought Jerry Schuplinski and possibly Jim Caldwell, if he returns, were mainly responsible for developing any young QBs the Dolphins bring in. Why all this talk that Gailey will be solely responsible for that?

I thought Jerry Schuplinski and possibly Jim Caldwell, if he returns, were mainly responsible for developing any young QBs the Dolphins bring in. Why all this talk that Gailey will be solely responsible for that?
Precisely but let's go overboard in what Gailey will be here for.

if anyone had suggested on the board hiring gaily before it happened they would have been laughed off the board so it's not absurd for people to say it is a bad move.
while we are at it lets bring back Richard Smith as defensive coordinator, he hasn't worked in 3 years as well.

We need to stop this silliness and obsession with Tua. It borders complete insanity to the point of declaring an OC a 'spread offense' OC when he is not.
Chan Gailey is and always was a run-first HC. But throughout his career he was well known to be extremely flexible. He was run-first with Pittsburgh. He was spread with Tyler Thigpen. And then everything in between.
He is also known to do great work with 'underprivileged' (for lack of a better word) QBs: O'Donnell, Fiedler, Thigpen, Fitzpatrick... to name a few. He is well known to raise the talent level and getting the best out of the players. He is maximizing the talent.

The hiring of Gailey is clouding the QB situation big time. The fact that he is able to customize his offense to the talent he has eliminates any QB fix. It easily could be Fitzpatrick and Rosen, any QB available in the draft or even an FA pickup.

The only ones who will know or do now which direction we are going are Flores, Gailey, Grier and those close to them.

As a matter of fact looking at his history working with lesser talented QBs would not bold well for a top QB FA pickup or an attempt to move for Burrow, or any top 10 pick for a QB.
But like I said any and all QBs on the roster and not on the roster are a possibility.

I personally think that Gaily was brought in for a 1-year or 2-year gig helping Schubplinski grow and groom him. The Gailey/Schuplinski combo is more similar (QBs) than the O'Shea/Schuplinski combo.
Caldwell (QB) would fit right into that mold.

Back
Top Bottom