Chan Gailey New OC? | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chan Gailey New OC?

I personally think that Gaily was brought in for a 1-year or 2-year gig helping Schubplinski grow and groom him. The Gailey/Schuplinski combo is more similar (QBs) than the O'Shea/Schuplinski combo.
Caldwell (QB) would fit right into that mold.

I would hire the best possible oc rather than bringing in a mediocre oc that has been out of worh three years. If we want a n oc to groom him we should have brought in a good one.

So has this been officially announced yet ? I still hoping that Galley is coming in only as adviser and that we are going to employ someone who is remotely competent and not a dinosaur in the OC role.

He's doing something that is correctable with proper coaching...

We're not talking about a guy throwing a moderate number of ints. We're talking about a guy with Jameis Winston level judgment. Love has been a turnover machine in 2/3 yrs he's been USU's QB. He's been dominated when he's played anyone in the top 20. He doesn't have a single signature performance against a worthy opponent on his resume. If Grier has gone from you can fire me but I'm not drafting Lamar Jackson, too, yea let's take a flyer on Love in the first round, then it confirms the worst things said about this front office. I see more love for Love on this board than Herbert, who is a hell of a lot better.

We're not talking about a guy throwing a moderate number of ints. We're talking about a guy with Jameis Winston level judgment. Love has been a turnover machine in 2/3 yrs he's been USU's QB. He's been dominated when he's played anyone in the top 20. He doesn't have a single signature performance against a worthy opponent on his resume. If Grier has gone from you can fire me but I'm not drafting Lamar Jackson, too, yea let's take a flyer on Love in the first round, then it confirms the worst things said about this front office. I see more love for Love on this board than Herbert, who is a hell of a lot better.

I am not some love fan but to judge him based on a quite inferior team against top-level opponents is slightly shortsighted. i do agree Hebert is a much better prospect and is my favorite qb in the draft
A later round prospect that I like the potential of is Steven Montez

I personally don't like it, he retired for a reason.
I have to trust the FO knows what they're doing.

Do we have any intel on why Chad O'Shea was given the boot besides protecting Shuplinski from poaching? I thought the playcalling was great all year and when they finally started executing on things we saw how it would win games.

Chan Gailey's vehicle was seen parking outside Davie training facility today

GhudZpA.jpg

What exactly did Gailey NOT do as an OC (wherever he went) to be written off as a bad hire? He’s had success everywhere he was an OC. Perhaps a few years away will have been good for him assuming he still watches football.

I would hire the best possible oc rather than bringing in a mediocre oc that has been out of worh three years. If we want a n oc to groom him we should have brought in a good one.
But he was never mediocre. As a HC yes. As an OC, no. He was good. That’s how he got to be a HC. What’s w all the “old people” bashing (not you but in general)? The boy wonders have pretty much all sucked - see, Gase, Adam and the dozens of “next Don Shula” types hired all over the league each year. Meanwhile the old guys like Palpatine and Pete Carroll keep winning.

But he was never mediocre. As a HC yes. As an OC, no. He was good. That’s how he got to be a HC. What’s w all the “old people” bashing (not you but in general)? The boy wonders have pretty much all sucked - see, Gase, Adam and the dozens of “next Don Shula” types hired all over the league each year. Meanwhile the old guys like Palpatine and Pete Carroll keep winning.
Whats funny is they will bash him due to his age, what is he 68? But I bet most would love to have NE Oline coach.. who is 70 + lol

Back
Top Bottom