Chan Gailey New OC? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chan Gailey New OC?

The one thing I’m looking forward to with Chan is getting back to a traditional pound the rock offense. I said it in another post of mine I’d rather us get back to a Parcells mentality of big plodding offensive linemen and physical running attack. Probably getting back to a fullback too. Remember the plays he created for Rob Konrad?

Good point on the spread offense potentially tipping a hat to where they may draft. Definitely speaks to our positional strength at WR. Gailey uses the fear of multiple receiver sets to open up the run game.

Regarding the fit with Flores, I remember Flores erring on the side of established coaches given his own inexperience when constructing this staff. He definitely likes to lean on guys who have been doing what they do for years. Another coach learning on the job may have not sat well with him, especially given the failures in the run game. -but honestly I’m guessing at this point. Can’t wait to get more details on what happened here.
Flores is the Anti-Gase in regard to not allowing his ego to block the bringing in of more experienced football people. Smart.

That's far from accurate. While OC at Pitt, they were really good, and they won a Super Bowl. Since 1996, Chan Gailey was offensive coordinator for various teams over a 7 year span, and only had one losing record. His two years with Miami, they were 11-5 and went to the playoffs both of those years. Mediocre HC, sure, but not as an OC.

please. For the love of all that is holy. Will y’all stop referencing Miami’s record with him, like he had something to do with it? He didn’t. There’s a reason we moved on from him. We had amazing defenses and trash offenses.

Flores is the Anti-Gase in regard to not allowing his ego to block the bringing in of more experienced football people. Smart.

Or insecure so he loses a young coach that somewhat made chicken salad out of chicken ****?

I've always liked Chan Gailey. Got the raw end in Dallas and liked him at Georgia Tech.

But dang, he's been retired for 2+ years. Hopefully this works out.

please. For the love of all that is holy. Will y’all stop referencing Miami’s record with him, like he had something to do with it? He didn’t. There’s a reason we moved on from him. We had amazing defenses and trash offenses.

You make zero sense in that post. We had defenses who gave up big plays when the games were on the line. Boy! Have the years made you forget that??? And it was Chan’s fault he had to deal with Fiedler as his QB. Wanns prodigal son

Not impressed at all. Should’ve kept O’Shea. He did well near end of the season. Got a year experience and could’ve improved.

Some of you are never satisfied, I’m not going to come here and say whether the hire was good or bad because we just don’t know yet. He may have done bad as a HC but he did well as an OC for this team and other teams in the past. I don’t get the complaining about this hire. He may not be the sexy hire but it may well be the smart hire for this team, someone with experience at the spot.

The one thing I’m looking forward to with Chan is getting back to a traditional pound the rock offense. I said it in another post of mine I’d rather us get back to a Parcells mentality of big plodding offensive linemen and physical running attack. Probably getting back to a fullback too. Remember the plays he created for Rob Konrad?
We need a big nasty mean RB now

You make zero sense in that post. We had defenses who gave up big plays when the games were on the line. Boy! Have the years made you forget that??? And it was Chan’s fault he had to deal with Fiedler as his QB. Wanns prodigal son
You must of forgot, BOY. The defense was always gassed from being on the field so much because the offense was so bad.

21st and 26th in offense with him. Yip ****ing yee. You can close your eyes and love this. I’m not.

Back
Top Bottom