Chan Gailey New OC? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chan Gailey New OC?

No clue man, I will put my trust in Flores. He didnt hesitate to pull the trigger and find a new OC. This dude was our OC back in 2000 and 2001 and did well.
He did okay because he had a good offensive line and Ricky Williams running the ball. The last I checked, he has neither of those things with this team and neither did O’Shea.

Yeah I'm not too fond with this hire. Old and was always a mediocre play-caller with mediocre results. Including his previous stint here with Wannstauche.

Ignorant response dude as far as age. 68 is NOT old. I wouldn’t push that narrative there. I’m a little indifferent with this hire because I thought Flores was gonna hire someone with brand new ideas, but on the other hand Chan is good at his job.
And he had mediocre results the last time he was here because Wannsredt favorite son Feidler was not a good QB and threw a slew of bad picks

Unless O’Shea and Schuplinksi didn’t get along, or O’Shea’s opinions on the direction of the offense had him on an island with the coaching staff, which wouldn’t be unheard of.

The fit with coaches and players in terms of personality cannot be discounted here. I do agree with you the more weird stuff happens (like the Gailey hire) the more it points to an issue with O’Shea himself other than an alternative reason.

It’s entirely possible O’Shea found himself on an island with the rest of the coaching staff. But he was Flores’s handpicked choice for the position a year ago, so you'd think the two of them would have been on the same page. I must admit it’s a bit of a surprise to see him jettisoned so quickly, particularly after how his unit performed down the stretch.

The Gailey hire is intriguing given the Fitz connection. I think this clearly indicates we’re planning on rolling with him again next year as starter, which I’m fine with (assuming we’ve got a guy like Tua being groomed).

I didn’t like the Flores hire. I doubted him hard early in the season, thinking he was going to be a disaster. So far, he’s proven me wrong. He’s earned some time from this fanbase. I believe he’s got a vision for where he wants to take this team. The question now is: What does the Gailey hiring tell us about Flores’s vision?

I’d also be curious: out of the top quarterbacks in this draft class, do any of them operate in a spread offense similar to what Gailey has been known to run?

Hey gang, it may not be a sexy hire but the guy knows football inside and out. That’s a lot more than what we got when we hired Joe Philbin and a TON more than when we hired Adam Gase. Hey, even the late Tony Sparano (RIP coach) claim to fame was having a losing HC record in college w New Haven State. Gailey knows the game. He’ll be fine. We’ll be fine. Don’t let this get you down. We need a QB - that has a funny way of making OCs look good. When you don’t have a QB, it has a funny way of making OCs look bad. Any OC who got to a SB w Neil O’Donnell as his QB is probably > average in terms of knowing how to manufacture offense.

Back
Top Bottom