Chan Gailey New OC? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chan Gailey New OC?

Ok but he is just as guilty not using and trading the only RB usable
One with a career high 4yd average and running grocery store baggers out there

Drake is not a physical RB. IMO, he does not fit the style Flo and Chan Gailey have in mind. Drake would serve only as a change of pace RB in the offense they envision.

One thing for sure, the offensive line will be getting a serious makeover this offseason.

My vision:
Sign free agents, Brandon Scherff and Joe Thuney.
Draft: Alex Leatherwood (1b) and Creed Humphrey (2a) and Mechi Bechton (3rd round).

Done...crisis overted :cheers:

Drake is not a physical RB. IMO, he does not fit the style Flo and Chan Gailey have in mind. Drake would serve only as a change of pace RB in the offense they envision.

One thing for sure, the offensive line will be getting a serious makeover this offseason.

My vision:
Sign free agents, Brandon Scherff and Joe Thuney.
Draft: Alex Leatherwood (1b) and Creed Humphrey (2a) and Mechi Bechton (3rd round).

Done...crisis overted :cheers:

Understood but other guys are m.h marginal NFL players if that
Still made no sense except stubbornness

At this point, I don't think his age matters. Pete Carroll is the same age.
The difference is that Carroll is a great HC in the NFL and Gailey has never been a great HC at any level. While he has been nothing but a mediocre OC throughout his entire NFL career.

Unless O’Shea and Schuplinksi didn’t get along, or O’Shea’s opinions on the direction of the offense had him on an island with the coaching staff, which wouldn’t be unheard of.

The fit with coaches and players in terms of personality cannot be discounted here. I do agree with you the more weird stuff happens (like the Gailey hire) the more it points to an issue with O’Shea himself other than an alternative reason.
I agree, I think this was in the works before O’Shea got fired. I don't think they just fired O’Shea and picked up the phone Yesterday and asked CG to unretire and be our OC.

Tell me it's only for one year why we have Fitz under center?!
This is the part that bothers me. I think Fitz stinks on ice and has never posted a winning record. He plays well 1 week and horrible the next. Chan Gailey can’t be so stupid to come out of retirement for the chance to work w Paul Bunyan again?

Yes, for Fitzpatrick's first three years and again for 2 years as Jets OC.

If Flores has fallen in love with Fitzpatrick as to put all his chips in with him he’s a damn moron.

He should be building an offensive system for the long term, not one that is comfortable for a nearly 40 year old journeyman.

I’ve got a terrible feeling about this.

After kind of winning me over with late season performance, moves like this have me questioning Flores all over again.

This is giving me flashbacks of Wanny. Wanny convinces himself he didn’t need a young QB and that he could win with a gritty vet like Fiedler. I pray Flores isn’t making the same mistake.

Back
Top Bottom