Chan Gailey New OC? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chan Gailey New OC?

Flores has stated he wants a physical team. So with lack of run game lately, this was probably someone he wanted to bring that aspect back.
I also wonder why they didn't look at maybe keeping O'shea, and hiring someone like Gailey to work with him specifically on improving the running game.

CG was considered a successful OC in the league. But I don’t get this when Caldwell is on the staff.

I also wonder why they didn't look at maybe keeping O'shea, and hiring someone like Gailey to work with him specifically on improving the running game.
No clue man, I will put my trust in Flores. He didnt hesitate to pull the trigger and find a new OC. This dude was our OC back in 2000 and 2001 and did well.

Flores has stated he wants a physical team. So with lack of run game lately, this was probably someone he wanted to bring that aspect back.
I think having better offensive linemen and quality running backs would take care of the running game. I really don’t see that Gailey would have been more effective in the run game this past season considering how ineffective the OL and RB’s were in that part of the offensive attack.

I think the hiring of Gailey is a giant step backwards for this team and I just don’t get it.

Eric Schulplinski remains under contract with us. Unless he’s offered a head coaching gig somewhere, we can block any request to interview him for a position (yes, even for offensive coordinator). The stuff about us firing O’Shea in order to keep Schulplinski in the fold never made any sense.
Unless O’Shea and Schuplinksi didn’t get along, or O’Shea’s opinions on the direction of the offense had him on an island with the coaching staff, which wouldn’t be unheard of.

The fit with coaches and players in terms of personality cannot be discounted here. I do agree with you the more weird stuff happens (like the Gailey hire) the more it points to an issue with O’Shea himself other than an alternative reason.

I think having better offensive linemen and quality running backs would take care of the running game. I really don’t see that Gailey would have been more effective in the run game this past season considering how ineffective the OL and RB’s were in that part of the offensive attack.

I think the hiring of Gailey is a giant step backwards for this team and I just don’t get it.
Scheme has to do with it too. While I agree our line sucked so bad, they are to blame too. This man was our OC in 2000, and 2001. Both those seasons dolphins were 11-5

Tell me it's only for one year why we have Fitz under center?!

No clue man, I will put my trust in Flores. He didnt hesitate to pull the trigger and find a new OC. This dude was our OC back in 2000 and 2001 and did well.

i won’t. Not putting any trust into anyone in this organization until I start seeing consistent winning seasons. Been down this road way too many times.

Back
Top Bottom