Chance of a lifetime | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chance of a lifetime

Puts things in perspective........Enjoy the game and I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery from your surgery.

Keep the faith and stay focused, you will beat this thing and enjoy years of Phins Super Bowl victory's. God Bless!!!!!!

My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Everyone knows someone whos life has been touched by cancer. I lost a brother to a brain tumor in 1990. He was diagnosed in 1985 and had 5 wonderful years(I say wonderful, he was a Saints fan). You or I don't know what God has in store for you, but go ahead and live life to its fullest. Living life to its fullest doesn't mean try to do everything you can think of. It means enjoy the relationships that you have. The experiences that will last are the ones that further your relations with family and friends. Merry Christmas and enjoy the game.

I'm speechless at the courage you have displayed and your good attitude. It sounds like you have a family that really cares about you and has allowed you to maintain a postive attitude through all this turmoil.
I have a sister that was in a terrible accident at the age of 14 who is now paralyzed... It took years to accept but she now lives a very normal, functional life and has exceeded every expectation that was placed on her. I'll pray that the same scenario will pan out for you...

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
My sophomore year of H.S. I was running track and I suffered what the trainer called tendonitious. After about 3 weeks of not getting better I went to see a professional orthopedic doctor who diagnosed me with having OsteoSarcoma (bone cancer) in my right knee. I had surgery that summer, 5 inches of bone was removed from my knee. This of course ended any hope that I would ever be able to play football again. I underwent chemotherapy that same summer and it extended all the way through my Junior year (I was homeschooled for that period).

I was able to go back to school my Senior year, wearing a long leg brace that covered my leg from my thigh to the bottom of my foot. I finished my Senior year no problem, everything was a go. However, now in my Freshman year in college I was re-diagnosed with OsteoSarcoma in the same leg. That same cancer has spread to both of my lungs. As a result my right leg was amputated from above the knee down. I am scheduled to undergo even worse chemotherapy then last year, which I can barely imagine could be worse. I met with my doctor today, he told me that I am at great risk of dying from so many factors. He also told me that last years chemo has left me sterile and that I will never have the Finfan son i've always wanted.

When I came home today my mom was on the phone. I had no idea who she was talking to, I really didn't much care being that I just got some pretty crappy news. Turns out she was on the phone with my Bio professor. Apparently his wife got ahold of someone within the Dolphins organization. Now I will be flying to Miami this Saturday to watch our Fins take on the Jets. I honestly expected to be missing the game because of the fact that I would have been in the hospital over Christmas and through the weekend. Not only will I be there, but after the game I will be meeting the Fins for pics and autographs. I cannot express how much this has turned my day around.

I am not suggesting that anyone should care about this, but I just want you guys to know that the Fins organization is obviously full of caring people. I don't know that there were any doubts, but I just wanted them to have this credit. :) :cool2:

Godspeed, Man !!

Keep fighting bud. It sounds like you have the mental part licked already. Best wishes, and enjoy your day with the phins.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation man, Keep your head up and just enjoy everything you can in life none of us knows what is coming up for us tomorrow. Hope the Fins make this a memorable game for you, How about something like Ricky breaking a 99 yard run with 5 seconds left on the clock. :lol:

Hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday season.

I wish you the best of luck with your fight against cancer. It's tough, but every day is worth it. Kick its a$$!

We'll all be thinking about you during and after the game. Try not to slap Wanny too hard if you meet him. ;)

Me also weighing in to say you are displaying extreme bravery in the face of your illness. God bless you and your family and I wish only the best life has to offer for you.

Enjoy the game. Touch JT for me if you can. I'm crazy for him. (Don't worry I'm a girl).

:rofl:

Dude keep the faith. I'll be rooting and praying for you and your family. Have a great time at the game, and have a safe journey.

You hav an extended family here... god bless and if theres anything you ever needI am sure that the finheaven family will be sure to help you out.

You know guys - when it all comes straight down to it, it warms my heart to see that despite our differences and our teams ups and downs, it IS truly a family here and that everyone cares so much about someone else's welfare. This thread has reaffirmed my faith in humanity and family - and just in time for the holidays.

Thanks everyone.

Hey JPhin, the way you have put together your post, tells me you are a courageous young man. You are also a smart one cause you like the Finz.

Seriously, I wish and pray the best for you and your family, and I know God will ensure that. Enjoy your weekend in sunny South FL, cause there is no snow in the forecast.

God Bless....

GOOOO FIIIINZ

:cooldude:

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
The fins organization is full of caring people... and so is this one. You're one of our bro's here, Joel. Sorry to hear what you're going thru. Let us know how you're doing and whether there's anything any of us can do to keep you smiling while you're dealing with the hard stuff. You ARE gonna pull thru this, dude. I can feel it. Best of luck to you.

Now THAT right there...almost made me :cry: ...seriously. I can feel the support. Same goes here bro. I hope things turns around for you. We're praying for you.

Back
Top Bottom