Chance of a lifetime | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chance of a lifetime

The Jets-Dolphins game ball definitely belongs to you. Best of luck, dude. Perhaps the Dolphins can be motivated to put as much fight into their games as you do in your life. So keep fighting and I know you will win this battle. This is your goal line stand and you've got the best football organization and fans behind you.

my prayers are also with you man stay strong and fight the good fight and you will beat this to quote a movie "stay golden"

I would also like to nominate jphin for most valuable fan.

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
My sophomore year of H.S. I was running track and I suffered what the trainer called tendonitious. After about 3 weeks of not getting better I went to see a professional orthopedic doctor who diagnosed me with having OsteoSarcoma (bone cancer) in my right knee. I had surgery that summer, 5 inches of bone was removed from my knee. This of course ended any hope that I would ever be able to play football again. I underwent chemotherapy that same summer and it extended all the way through my Junior year (I was homeschooled for that period).

I was able to go back to school my Senior year, wearing a long leg brace that covered my leg from my thigh to the bottom of my foot. I finished my Senior year no problem, everything was a go. However, now in my Freshman year in college I was re-diagnosed with OsteoSarcoma in the same leg. That same cancer has spread to both of my lungs. As a result my right leg was amputated from above the knee down. I am scheduled to undergo even worse chemotherapy then last year, which I can barely imagine could be worse. I met with my doctor today, he told me that I am at great risk of dying from so many factors. He also told me that last years chemo has left me sterile and that I will never have the Finfan son i've always wanted.

When I came home today my mom was on the phone. I had no idea who she was talking to, I really didn't much care being that I just got some pretty crappy news. Turns out she was on the phone with my Bio professor. Apparently his wife got ahold of someone within the Dolphins organization. Now I will be flying to Miami this Saturday to watch our Fins take on the Jets. I honestly expected to be missing the game because of the fact that I would have been in the hospital over Christmas and through the weekend. Not only will I be there, but after the game I will be meeting the Fins for pics and autographs. I cannot express how much this has turned my day around.

I am not suggesting that anyone should care about this, but I just want you guys to know that the Fins organization is obviously full of caring people. I don't know that there were any doubts, but I just wanted them to have this credit. :) :cool2:

jphin, you're a stud, your motivation and good heart and will will help you prevail these tough times and come out healthy and happy

by the way we're gonna kick the living crap out of these fake *** jets sunday for you man !!!!!

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Good luck and my prayers are with you.

Hey man, I just want to convey that I think you are such a brave young man.

With all the support we offer and prayers we give, I can only hope it will provide a measure of confidence that anything is possible.

Keep us informed and have a great time at the game.

I hope that if I am ever faced with anything like you are, I can be as strong as you!

have a blast this weekend, my thoughts are with you!

Keep the faith, remember miracles do happen every day. Just keep a positive attitude even when you feel you can't. I'll be praying for you.

But have a AWESOME time this weekend! :)

my heart goes out to you. i can only imagine what you have and are going through. you will be in my thoughts this holiday season.

goodluck and enjoy our phins up closer and personal. oh yea, don't forget to spread the FH word while you are there.

take care and be safe my FH brother.

My prayers are with you, have lots of fun at the Game. I wish there was more peopl with a heart and strenght like yours in this World.

Happy Holidays God Bless You

Hey man, if I could go to the game and do the same thing that you are doing, I'm not sure who I'd be more excited to meet, the Dolphins or you. You got the only attitude that will get you through this. Your courage is amazing. Good luck and have a friggin blast at the game!

Wow, you must be an extremely positive person to go what you went through and can still be happy. I hope you get a ton of presents this Christmas, you will be in my prayers. Also, have a great time with dolphins, I am sure you will be getting lots of autos, pics and gifts, the Dolphins do have many caring people in their organization.

If there is a Holiday miracle waiting in the wings for somebody, may it be you. I hope Gods' touch blesses you, gives you strengh and serenity and enables you hasty and full recovery. I simply know somehow that you will be O.K. and the Fish better give you a fun game to watch capped off with an exciting victry. Your outlook is so posiyive you're to be commended. Thanks for sharing you're story. It's an honor to know you you.

Back
Top Bottom