Channel 4 says Dolphins still do have some playoff hopes | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Channel 4 says Dolphins still do have some playoff hopes

Dolfan81 said:
We Still Have A Chance, I Dont Care Wat Anybody Say Its Not Over Til The Fat Lady Sing

Oh lord. WE ARE MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED. If we arent, I really want you to explain how we still have a chance.

Dolfan81 said:
We Still Have A Chance, I Dont Care Wat Anybody Say Its Not Over Til The Fat Lady Sing

I wish I lived in your fantasy world cause there are no playoffs for us this year.

I think we are not Mathmatically eliminated but it is a big stretch. I think it is definitely time to start looking forward to next year.

I no longer lend any weight, to other teams opening the door for us.
After the Jacksonville drubbing, I've lived with the sense thet If our present team belongs in the playoffs, we'll get there based on our own account.

tpn21 said:
I think we are not Mathmatically eliminated but it is a big stretch. I think it is definitely time to start looking forward to next year.

I give up *sighs. We are officially eliminated. If not, give me the senario we get in?

TheAnswer1313 said:
Oh lord. WE ARE MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED. If we arent, I really want you to explain how we still have a chance.

San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City need to lose out. We have the head to head tie breaker over San Diego and if the Steelers lose out we have the conference tie breaker over them (if they lose out they lose to cleveland so we have the edge). If KC loses out and we win out we go in ahead of them *we'd have the better record.

Wait a minute...looking at the schedule, KC and San Diego play each other, so I think we are mathematically eliminated.

Minnphin said:
San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City need to lose out. We have the head to head tie breaker over San Diego and if the Steelers lose out we have the conference tie breaker over them (if they lose out they lose to cleveland so we have the edge). If KC loses out and we win out we go in ahead of them *we'd have the better record.

Wait a minute...looking at the schedule, KC and San Diego play each other, so I think we are mathematically eliminated.

:sidelol: :tongue:

Chris Berman just said Miami is still alive...barely. I'm guessing it's one of those weird scenarios that involves like 3 teams playing games that end in ties and Nick holding his leg at a perfect 30 degree angle while hopping.

The only thing I can see that is keeping us alive would be a SD/KC tie next week. I don't even know if that would help us. I'm tired of looking at the scenarios.

Wildbill3 said:
BS flag, Espn doesn't list the dolphins...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2232165
Updated: Dec. 18, 2005, 6:17 PM ET
Week 15 playoff scenarios

ESPN.com

AFC East

• The Patriots have clinched the AFC East title.

AFC North

• The Bengals can clinch the AFC North with:
1. A win

AFC South

• The Colts have clinched the AFC South title and home-field advantage.

AFC West

• The Broncos have clinched a playoff berth.

NFC West

• The Seahawks have clinched the NFC West and a first-round bye. • The Seahawks can clinch home-field advantage with:
1. A Bears loss or tie

The Texans, 49ers, Ravens, Browns, Packers, Saints, Jets, Raiders, Titans, Cardinals, Bills, Lions, Eagles, and Rams have been eliminated from playoff contention

LOL. i was wondering why this went unchallenged. i guess they dont think anyone clicks the link...or maybe it was corrected

Maynard said:
LOL. i was wondering why this went unchallenged. i guess they dont think anyone clicks the link...or maybe it was corrected

Miami was listed as eliminated when I posted the link. ESPN corrected itself.

Maynard said:
funny stuff. they pulled the carpet out from under you

What was even funnier was that I responded to WB in an indignant tone before thinking to myself that ESPN may have done that and checking the link again.

Prime Time said:
No...we still have a chance. A LOT has to happen but we still have a chance.

no were out.All the teams in front of us have a better conference record.

it was updated again at 708 pm, still doesn't have the dolphins listed as being out.

Back
Top Bottom