Channel 4 says Dolphins still do have some playoff hopes | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Channel 4 says Dolphins still do have some playoff hopes

The fact that we were even in the hunt after last years debacle is a tribute to Coach Saban and the entire Miami Dolphin organization.

NYCphan said:
Later today, Miami's elimination by the 1pm games will be further confirmed.

When it is, please remember that it was never "maybe true" or not, and it wont "become correct" when you see it from an "official source."

Either it is correct now, or it is not.

And unfortunately, it is.
Big Deal, so you were right, who gives a .......!!! We WON and the Dolphins will always be UNDEFEATED! So go back to raining on NY and leave the optimisn to fans who just want to enjoy our fins. GDMFF!

LtDan said:
going 14-2 last year to what they are this year, I consider that going the wrong way?? How about you?
but they were decimated by injuries... when they got some players back (Dillon, Givens, Bruschi), they have a new-found life and are nearly back to form.

by wrong direction i thought you meant team collapsing, as how the Bills and Jets are doing - granted the Jets have been decimated by injuries too, but the Bills flat-out just suck....

grendel said:
Big Deal, so you were right, who gives a .......!!! We WON and the Dolphins will always be UNDEFEATED! So go back to raining on NY and leave the optimisn to fans who just want to enjoy our fins. GDMFF!

You need to chill out. He's a Dolphins fan.

grendel said:
Pretty funny actually, that I'd have gone to the trouble last week of making sure people here knew exactly how Miami might have gotten into the playoffs, in detail, and you claim some sort of edge on optimism.

Raining on NY? I honestly haven't a clue what you mean by that.

grendel said:

you're an idiot. this is a thread about the dophins having playoff contention. NYCphan was just confirming they don't. You as who gives a ....? the people posting in this thread do (you not included). please shut up. No one's being a pessimist here, only stating the facts.

Mod Edit: Don't call anyone an idiot or tell them to shut up. Last warning.

Yeah, I'd take this opportunity to thank NYCphan for going through all the permutations to clarify the FIN playoff possiblities going into todays game. Pre internet I used to sit down with USA today and a Dolphin media guide and figure all that stuff out. I dont think I ever attempted to figure out such a long shot as NYCphan did.

death7star said:
from espn.com

"The Texans, 49ers, Ravens, Browns, Packers, Saints, Jets, Raiders, Titans, Cardinals, Bills, Lions, Eagles, Rams and Dolphins have been eliminated from playoff contention."

ITS OVER PEOPLE.
BS flag, Espn doesn't list the dolphins...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2232165
Updated: Dec. 18, 2005, 6:17 PM ET
Week 15 playoff scenarios

ESPN.com

AFC East

• The Patriots have clinched the AFC East title.

AFC North

• The Bengals can clinch the AFC North with:
1. A win

AFC South

• The Colts have clinched the AFC South title and home-field advantage.

AFC West

• The Broncos have clinched a playoff berth.

NFC West

• The Seahawks have clinched the NFC West and a first-round bye. • The Seahawks can clinch home-field advantage with:
1. A Bears loss or tie

The Texans, 49ers, Ravens, Browns, Packers, Saints, Jets, Raiders, Titans, Cardinals, Bills, Lions, Eagles, and Rams have been eliminated from playoff contention

bryan allen said:
Yeah, I'd take this opportunity to thank NYCphan for going through all the permutations to clarify the FIN playoff possiblities going into todays game. Pre internet I used to sit down with USA today and a Dolphin media guide and figure all that stuff out. I dont think I ever attempted to figure out such a long shot as NYCphan did.
You and everyone else here are welcome. For whatever reason I enjoy doing it, as a puzzle-solving exercise. It's just my small contribution to the site, for those others who are interested in knowing what the chances are and what has to happen, no matter how slim the hopes.

I certainly take no pleasure from insisting that we really are out of contention. If Jacksonville had lost, we'd almost certainly still be alive and figuring out how would have been maddeningly complex. I had already started on that, and it's a mess. But I was kinda looking forward to it anyway.

^^Your kinda like me.........I love at the end of the seasons looking at the various possibilities teams can get in and such.

We Still Have A Chance, I Dont Care Wat Anybody Say Its Not Over Til The Fat Lady Sing

Back
Top Bottom