Channel 4 says Dolphins still do have some playoff hopes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Channel 4 says Dolphins still do have some playoff hopes

from espn.com

"The Texans, 49ers, Ravens, Browns, Packers, Saints, Jets, Raiders, Titans, Cardinals, Bills, Lions, Eagles, Rams and Dolphins have been eliminated from playoff contention."

ITS OVER PEOPLE.

OK try this

Pitt loses 2 - finish 9-7

SD loses 2 - finish 9-7

KC beat SD loses to Cin - finish - 9-7

Miami wins 2 - finish 9-7

4 way tie for the last wild card spot. Jack has the other.

I think the division tie breaker would be decided between KC and SD. We would need SD to win this. They already beat KC 28 - 20 so we would need KC to beat them. KC advances with the Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

So then it is between Mia, Pitt, KC

The next tie breaker is Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.) This is not applicable.

Then Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Miami would be 7-5
Pitt would be 6-7
KC would be 8-4

Therefore KC would get in.

I don't think we're still alive but looking into this has made me dizzy.

I think we are officially eliminated but it was nice seeing the Colts lose. :)
It has been a good year....we have won 4 in a row at are at 7-7....I am happy with Nick's first year.

Canadian_FinFan said:
OK try this

SD loses 2 - finish 9-7

I think the division tie breaker would be decided between KC and SD. We would need SD to win this. They already beat KC 28 - 20 so we would need KC to beat them. KC advances with the Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

The next tie breaker is Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.) This is not applicable.

Miami would be 7-5
Pitt would be 6-7
KC would be 8-4

You are correct in almost every detail, except that KC beats SD by division record, not conference. But the rest plays out as you have it.

Miami is done. It is official.

The NFL confirmed it earlier today.

What more do people want?

NYCphan said:
You are correct in almost every detail, except that KC beats SD by division record, not conference. But the rest plays out as you have it.

OOOps your right. Same result as you said. Lookign forward to next year but will enjoy the next two games first. I'm looking at the NE game as our Super Bowl.

NYCphan said:

nothing more, i believe it for sure now. thx

GridIronKing34 said:
I'd believe'm over some posters here...
As a general rule, this is not a good thing to do. The people on FinHeaven seem to be much more informed and knowledgable than the media.

byroan said:
We're not alive at all. If we are explain how.

Miami (7-7) beat New York for the first time in the last four meetings. The Dolphins, eliminated from the division race Saturday when New England clinched the AFC East, kept their faint wild-card playoff hopes alive. After Frerotte was sidelined by an injury to the index finger on his throwing hand, Rosenfels helped Miami overcome a 17-10 fourth-quarter deficit with touchdowns on consecutive possessions.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051218_NYJ@MIA

per NFL.com

chuckcole said:
As a general rule, this is not a good thing to do. The people on FinHeaven seem to be much more informed and knowledgable than the media.

that is correct.

texasPHINSfan said:
the pats are heading in the right direction - in the playoffs, just shut out the Bucs..... i would say they aren't hurting.
going 14-2 last year to what they are this year, I consider that going the wrong way?? How about you?

Canadian_FinFan said:
OK try this

SD loses 2 - finish 9-7

Miami would be 7-5
Pitt would be 6-7
KC would be 8-4

if, (big if) Pitt loses their last to as does SD, we have the tie breaker over both if we win out

LtDan said:
Miami (7-7) beat New York for the first time in the last four meetings. The Dolphins, eliminated from the division race Saturday when New England clinched the AFC East, kept their faint wild-card playoff hopes alive. After Frerotte was sidelined by an injury to the index finger on his throwing hand, Rosenfels helped Miami overcome a 17-10 fourth-quarter deficit with touchdowns on consecutive possessions.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051218_NYJ@MIA

per NFL.com

That doesn't explain how.

LtDan said:
if, (big if) Pitt loses their last to as does SD, we have the tie breaker over both if we win out

No we don't. SD losing to KC gives KC the divisional tiebreaker and the tiebreaker over us.

Later today, Miami's elimination by the 1pm games will be further confirmed.

When it is, please remember that it was never "maybe true" or not, and it wont "become correct" when you see it from an "official source."

Either it is correct now, or it is not.

And unfortunately, it is.

Back
Top Bottom