Channing Crowder announces retirement | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Channing Crowder announces retirement

who cares if the guy was a rhode scholar or a great person...he was a dreadful football player...i can't believe miami resigned him and gave him $4 mil i think it was guaranteed on that last contract...should have cut weight then...just a bad pro football starting lb...should have been replaced a long time ago...you can't play the position at an even average level if you don't have instincts...and channing had none...

lucky for him in those years miami had bigger fish to fry...

i'll always remember him getting into it on the field i think it was with derrick mason and mason after the game in the lockerroom with a look on his face like child please saying "who the heck is channing crowder???"

classic...

who cares if the guy was a rhode scholar or a great person...he was a dreadful football player...i can't believe miami resigned him and gave him $4 mil i think it was guaranteed on that last contract...should have cut weight then...just a bad pro football starting lb...should have been replaced a long time ago...you can't play the position at an even average level if you don't have instincts...and channing had none...

I really didn't view him as dreadful. He's a rotational guy, that's it. Not really starter quality, but an intelligent field guy. I completely agree he had zero instincts at the pro level, it was almost disturbing to watch him constantly take the wrong gap when anticipating a running play.

It's unfair to call Channing a bad guy and suggest things that are flat out conjecture and then say "Well who cares he still sucked". I wish Channing well and I think he made the right decision for him and his family, but I'm absolutely glad that we have Dansby and Burnett instead of him.

Well,

He might not have had instincts, but man, that guy could sure cover some ground......as long as he was laying down on it that is.....

Clowning Chowder was an absolutely TERRIBLE football player with a big mouth.

It's one thing to be a bad player and know it and recognize it, but this asshat constantly em-bare-assed himself and his team-mates.

Good damn reason that after he was cut, he was asked to join exactly 1 training camp, and that was the Patriots. He didn't even make it to the second day of TC....he really was that bad...

I always liked his personality, but he never made enough big plays. Good luck in the future Channing.

I really like how you drove the point of "15 yards down field!" home by mentioning it twice in 3 sentences.

No... I think he gets it! I just think you seem to think that just because a lot of players are like that automatically means Channing is like that, when in reality, it's pretty clear that he's not!

It's not really the lifestyle that's a large amount of temptation, you've got guys in their low to mid 20s who are in the spotlight constantly. This may shock you but the amount of NFL players who are in legal trouble is lower (% wise) than the national average for their age group. So... what does that tell us? Does that tell us that the NFL lifestyle is full of temptations that they can't seem to shake off? No. Does it tell us that the NON Nfl lifestyle is full of temptations that you can't seem to shake off? No. It tells us... that guys in their low to mid 20s are idiots!

I am not sure why the 15 yards thing two times got under your claw. I will have to make sure every time I post something that I only use the same word one time. What are you the finheaven English teacher? (LOL) The point is the guy did a lot more talking then he did making plays on the field. I am not sure if it was Ireland or Parcells who gave him the extension but it was definitely a bad move. When you look around the league you can see certain players who are either not playing now or barely holding on like Ronnie Brown. That shows you how bad our players really were!

I'm not really sure I care if Crowder is a nice guy or not.
His awareness on the football field was horrid. I waited six years for the guy to make a big play and it never happened.
That is how I'll remember him. A mediocre football player with too much status.

He was part of many big plays though, of Leon Washington knocking him on his ass.

Was Ricky Williams lazy when he retired the first time? Or Was Barry Sanders or Jim Brown lazy for retiring at 29? No, sometimes people's hearts just aren't in football anymore. Doesn't make them lazy.

While I understand your point, please don't put Channing Crowder in an analogy with Jim Brown or Barry Sanders. You almost made my head explode.

Well,

He might not have had instincts, but man, that guy could sure cover some ground......as long as he was laying down on it that is.....

Clowning Chowder was an absolutely TERRIBLE football player with a big mouth.

It's one thing to be a bad player and know it and recognize it, but this asshat constantly em-bare-assed himself and his team-mates.

Good damn reason that after he was cut, he was asked to join exactly 1 training camp, and that was the Patriots. He didn't even make it to the second day of TC....he really was that bad...

Hahaha okay okay, you actually got me with this one, and I rarely am genuinely surprised with these type of jokes. Well done.

But your information on Channing Crowder at training camp is wrong. He never went. He had a physical, there was talks of an offer, but Crowder kinda took off. He wasn't dedicated to playing football, especially for vet minimums. The guy was never an athletic beast nor was a good gap filler, so it's hardly a surprise.

I'm glad we replaced him but I'll enjoy listening to him on the radio. Win/Win for Dolphins fans

I am not sure why the 15 yards thing two times got under your claw. I will have to make sure every time I post something that I only use the same word one time. What are you the finheaven English teacher? (LOL)

Lol I was just laughing because it's such an odd way to post. Much like laughing at your own jokes! Lighten up, man! If I were the FinHeaven english teacher I'd quit because it'd be like hiring one man to build a stadium... in the everglades

Proof that just because you have good size and attended a big SEC school, doesn't necessarily mean you are NFL worthy.

Back
Top Bottom