Channing Crowder announces retirement | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Channing Crowder announces retirement

I thought he retired two years ago. Well thanks for clearing that up Channing...lol. I think he started pretty strong his couple years or so, and then fell off. If would have just shut the hell up, he may have salvaged a little respect. But when you run your mouth, and make zero big plays while making millions it's hard to take. I still remember him running his mouth before the game in London in I think 07. First time in years Miami is in the focus and he spout out how he couldn't find London on a map (though probably true) and how there are no black people in there. I know I couldn't have been prouder as a fan. Guy never shut up but that took the cake.

I was pissed when we resigned him in 2009. His last two years I'd swear the guy may just as well played blindfolded. He NEVER was in the correct position to make a play.

Channing was a player that was looked upon as a leader by many Dolphin players. He was often times the guy they chose to have their backs when times got tough.

28 year old linebacker and already washed up and out of the league. Sad career for him.

Lol and yet played longer then the avenge player in the nfl does. He also came into the nfl with a bad knee.

So now he's rich and can do whatever he wants. Sounds like he won to me.

Lol and yet played longer then the avenge player in the nfl does. He also came into the nfl with a bad knee.

So now he's rich and can do whatever he wants. Sounds like he won to me.

yes because professional athletes have always been great investors of their money and none have ever gone bankrupt, Iverson one of the best players in the last decade is broke and he made 100x the money Crowder ever did, look no further than future HOF Jason Taylor who is in financial trouble

Sad ending to a very underachieving NFL career. Guy wasn't too smart by the looks of it either. According to wiki...

Prior to the October 27, 2007 New York Giants–Miami Dolphins game in London, England, Crowder reportedly stated he "couldn't find London on a map".

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for the guy. :bobdole:

yes because professional athletes have always been great investors of their money and none have ever gone bankrupt, Iverson one of the best players in the last decade is broke and he made 100x the money Crowder ever did, look no further than future HOF Jason Taylor who is in financial trouble

Good point, had Crowder not already said " more then a few times " he still has most of the money he made.

Good point, had Crowder not already said " more then a few times " he still has most of the money he made.

Only issue there is he probably got used to living a certain upscale big money life style and without it, can he control his spending and find a consistent form of income even close to his NFL salary

Only issue there is he probably got used to living a certain upscale big money life style and without it, can he control his spending and find a consistent form of income even close to his NFL salary

Yeah , i take it you don't know him and i do................. he's a country boy who likes to fish.

Always thought he was solid but just never took that next step

Yeah , i take it you don't know him and i do................. he's a country boy who likes to fish.

you know him personally? have you gone fishing with him or something? Country boy who likes to fish doesnt meant anything once you get a taste of enough money where he can buy his own lake to fish in

I couldn't stand him as a player. He's great on the radio, though. Hopefully he can replace the Michael Irvin Show...he's horrible.

Back
Top Bottom