Channing Crowder announces retirement | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Channing Crowder announces retirement

Also he said over and over that the London thing was a joke http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2007/10/29/crowder-appeases-brits/

He got a 1280 on his SAT's so if you think he's just a goofball and you don't understand his jokes , odds are it's because your just a dummy, and you really don't know whats going on here, and so far i'd say that's most of the people posting.

a bit sensitive much? :rolleyes:

Besides, he wasn't too smart on the field either. As hoops said, he was constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time...gonna be hard to find a job in the NFL playing like that.

you know him personally? have you gone fishing with him or something? Country boy who likes to fish doesnt meant anything once you get a taste of enough money where he can buy his own lake to fish in

You really seem like you want him to be broke

Sad ending to a very underachieving NFL career. Guy wasn't too smart by the looks of it either. According to wiki...

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for the guy. :bobdole:

I feel bad for you if you really think he wasn't joking around

Crowders a cool cat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Always thought he was solid but just never took that next step

Agreed...I don't get the hate personally.

The incident with Matt light was the only time that he really irked me

I feel bad for you if you really think he wasn't joking around

Crowders a cool cat

No need to feel bad, man. We all have different opinions of him. I still believe he was a very underachieving player during his time here. And yeah, he may have been joking, but if the guy is that smart or good at his job, you'd think he still be playing football somehow. The guy couldn't make a game changing play to save his life! The rest of the NFL knows his limitations, and unfortunately for him he can't find work because of it.

Sad ending to a very underachieving NFL career. Guy wasn't too smart by the looks of it either. According to wiki...

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for the guy. :bobdole:

He was incredibly sarcastic. Why don't you quote the rest of the Wikipedia article, where it specifically states how he graded with honors with Univ of Florida and top of his high school class? Crowder was plenty intelligent, he just made the mistake of assuming the average fan would get the humor (they weren't intelligent enough to get it)

Channing's a fun guy, and he was a mediocre player. He left right at the peak of the concussion/CTE information and decided he wanted to see his family grow up. He earned his money. Good for him. He does a lot of things the right way. I wish him well.

In reality, Crowder's intelligence was his best asset on the football field. He was by no means instinctual, but if you don't think he could find work in the NFL as a linebacker if he truly wanted to dedicate himself for a veteran minimum/just above contract, then you're insane. I know a player who is close with Channing, and he told me exactly how the retire would play out. That he was too skeptical of the head injuries, he didn't think it was financially worth it to expose himself to those risks for a million a year.

But I guess as fans people always want to judge and form opinions with little (or no) information.

I've met channing a couple of times, and both times he took the time to take pictures and or have a few words. Very personable guy. Likeable. He's the guy you want to have a drink with, watch a game with etc. He's got good taste in strip clubs too. I can tell ya that much.

Nobody had a smaller ****-talk to production ratio than Channing Crowder. Enjoy retirement big mouth.

I'm not really sure I care if Crowder is a nice guy or not.
His awareness on the football field was horrid. I waited six years for the guy to make a big play and it never happened.
That is how I'll remember him. A mediocre football player with too much status.

You really seem like you want him to be broke

You really seem to be in denial of how professional athlete lifestyles work, i know it doesnt have to do with crowder or financials, but just as an example, since the Super Bowl 26 NFL players have been arrested, the lifestyle is a giant pool of bad temptations

I was so happy when this guy got cut! The only thing he was good at was talking and tackling a running back 15 yards down field! You never saw this guy make a tackle for a loss. Way overrated when it comes to what he was suppose to be coming out of college! If you watch past Miami games you will see Channing making a tackle after the running back already got 15 yards.

I was so happy when this guy got cut! The only thing he was good at was talking and tackling a running back 15 yards down field! You never saw this guy make a tackle for a loss. Way overrated when it comes to what he was suppose to be coming out of college! If you watch past Miami games you will see Channing making a tackle after the running back already got 15 yards.

I really like how you drove the point of "15 yards down field!" home by mentioning it twice in 3 sentences.

You really seem to be in denial of how professional athlete lifestyles work, i know it doesnt have to do with crowder or financials, but just as an example, since the Super Bowl 26 NFL players have been arrested, the lifestyle is a giant pool of bad temptations

No... I think he gets it! I just think you seem to think that just because a lot of players are like that automatically means Channing is like that, when in reality, it's pretty clear that he's not!

It's not really the lifestyle that's a large amount of temptation, you've got guys in their low to mid 20s who are in the spotlight constantly. This may shock you but the amount of NFL players who are in legal trouble is lower (% wise) than the national average for their age group. So... what does that tell us? Does that tell us that the NFL lifestyle is full of temptations that they can't seem to shake off? No. Does it tell us that the NON Nfl lifestyle is full of temptations that you can't seem to shake off? No. It tells us... that guys in their low to mid 20s are idiots!

Back
Top Bottom