Chargers say they will not be drafting Eli with the #1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers say they will not be drafting Eli with the #1

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
ESPN just reported that San Diego is planning not to take Eli with the #1 overall.

I can't see him falling past Oakland. Then again, the Raiders have said they wanted to take a WR (Roy Williams or Fitzgerald). Could Eli and Big Ben fall further than anyone expects?

Of the top 10 teams (SD, OAK, ARI, NYG, WAS, DET, ATL, CLE, JAC, and HOU), I'd say only 3 teams have QB as a need with such a high pick. Those being OAK, ARI and NYG.

Ben could very likely drop past the top 10! What a steal he would be!

I would love for Ben to fall to Pitt. That IMO would freeup Rivers for Miami.

I'm with you there rafael. I would LOVE that to happen. Would be PERFECT. People are right the only three teams in that top 10 aside from the Chargers who need a QB are the Raiders, Cards, and Giants.

Unfortunately I don't like the chances of Roethlisberger getting past those three teams. Denny Green may have come out publicly stating that he loves Josh McCown, but you'd have to be banking on both the Raiders and the Cards to pass up QBs. I think the Giants would DEFINITELY take a QB if either Manning or Roeth fell to them.

Originally posted by Gonk
ESPN just reported that San Diego is planning not to take Eli with the #1 overall.

I can't see him falling past Oakland. Then again, the Raiders have said they wanted to take a WR (Roy Williams or Fitzgerald). Could Eli and Big Ben fall further than anyone expects?

Of the top 10 teams (SD, OAK, ARI, NYG, WAS, DET, ATL, CLE, JAC, and HOU), I'd say only 3 teams have QB as a need with such a high pick. Those being OAK, ARI and NYG.

Ben could very likely drop past the top 10! What a steal he would be!

Buffalo or pittsburgh would snag Big Ben at that point.

I have no doubt that the Giants would take Manning, but I haven't heard if they have any interest in Ben. Reportedly the Giants really like Gallery (LT) and Taylor (S).

Whadya think Norv would say if Dave made a phone call and was like "All things being equal if you'd rather have Larry Fitzgerald over Eli Manning....well we'd just like to ENCOURAGE that line of reasoning..."

It is possible that the Giants would draft someone over Big Ben.

I'm not sure even the Giants are ready to draft a QB. Collins is getting old, but he isn't THAT old. He's only been in the league 9 years, and besides last year has been doing very well. Last year wasn't even that bad. He has been throwing for 3000 yds easily lately, and had 4000 and 20 TD's in 2002. NYG has so many other needs (most on defense) that I don't think they could afford to draft a QB right now. Collins has a good 3 or 4 years left in him.

Oakland has said that they would like to take a WR first as a I afformentioned, and just in 2001 they drafted QB Marques Tuiasosopo with their 2nd rounder that they look like they are grooming under Rich Gannon. He didn't look all that bad when he played either. Are they already giving up on a 2nd round pick who started one game? The Raiders have a lot of other needs as well.

Arizona looks like they are the most likely to draft Eli.

Don't be surprised if Manning falls to Arizona and Ben past the top 10.

Originally posted by rafael
I would love for Ben to fall to Pitt. That IMO would freeup Rivers for Miami.

That would be cool for the top three QB's to spread out through out the first so we could get Rivers.

I might be stubborn or blind I don't know just my opinion I like Rivers better than Ben I like Eli and Rivers about the same.
I just believe that Rivers has the ability to lead a team with his composure. His ablity to lead a team in key situations is as good as any qb in the league especially with a year to learn. He proved it 4 or 5 games a year in college.

I don't think Norv Turner would pass up an Eli Manning... Just my opinion though.. This draft is filled with WR's and the Raiders could snag Eli and a very good WR in 2nd round

IF Eli is shopped we must atleast make some type of offer.

That would be stupid to not even try!

Fitzgerald is loved by the Cardinals. His dad played is in some way attached to Green and they have known each other for many years. Green has been said to have told people if Larry is there, he'll be a Cardinal.

That makes everyone fall a little further.

i wonder if we can we make a trade with San Diego. Give them our #20 pick & Ogun & something else. what do u guys think? or should we stick to our #20 pick & hopefully Rivers is there for us.

BTW, hi everyone one. I'm a fins fan from the West Coast. :)

Back
Top Bottom