Chargers say they will not be drafting Eli with the #1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers say they will not be drafting Eli with the #1

Manning would cost too much as a number one overall pick.

but, heck I'd sure try to make the deal anyway for him.

would be nice, except we can't trade Ogun........however, if Ogun chooses to go somewhere else (and Miami doesn't match the offer) and we get an additional #1 and #3, then maybe they'd take 2 #1's and a #3 for the overall #1 pick.....depending on who got Ogun (what place) it might be an attractive deal.....hell throw in our own #3 while we're at it. As far as I'm concerned, we need to get some help on the right side of the Oline (FA), a solid #2 WR (FA/draft) and a QB. That's it. So do whatever we have to this offseason to do those 3 things and we're ready to rock next year.

Originally posted by fins4o8
i wonder if we can we make a trade with San Diego. Give them our #20 pick & Ogun & something else. what do u guys think? or should we stick to our #20 pick & hopefully Rivers is there for us.

BTW, hi everyone one. I'm a fins fan from the West Coast. :)

Welcome aboard, that is tough I like Rivers I wish we could just get him but if the dolphins are sure they could'nt get him they would be crazy not to trade for they first pick Rivers or Eli win win situation an getting rid of Ogun that would free up some cap. I don't believe he would have been as good this year if Taylor was'nt double teamed I mean triple teamed. But Ogun would be a plus for any team.

Man......Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Bryant Johnson. That is a young and DANGEROUS corps. The oldest player being 23.

But back to the subject, I wouldn't doubt San Diego's sincerity here, since they're said to be in the Brunell sweepstakes and have Drew Brees and Flutie still back there.

And there's no way in hell IMO that Norv Turner would pass on Eli Manning. He is the perfect trigger man for Turner's offense. 39-yr old Rich Gannon is not.

Manning is taylor made for his offense huh Muck

That's an old rumor. Unless they trade down they're going to take Eli or Ben, which is the decision they're contemplating right now.

Boldin Fritzgerald on the same team that would be great for the dolphins but not for the cardinals. to bad they would be playing for a sucky team. Dennis Green is a good coach but he can't do but so much if the owner or GM don't want to sign good players you can't do good with just good draft picks every year.

Originally posted by jbond
would be nice, except we can't trade Ogun........however, if Ogun chooses to go somewhere else (and Miami doesn't match the offer) and we get an additional #1 and #3, then maybe they'd take 2 #1's and a #3 for the overall #1 pick.....depending on who got Ogun (what place) it might be an attractive deal.....hell throw in our own #3 while we're at it. As far as I'm concerned, we need to get some help on the right side of the Oline (FA), a solid #2 WR (FA/draft) and a QB. That's it. So do whatever we have to this offseason to do those 3 things and we're ready to rock next year.

We can trade the rights to match the offer. But they wouldn't do that. That would be a #1 pick for a #20, and a good DE with no assurances that he'll be there longer than a year. I think he also has to gree to go there as well.

We can also negotiate a sign and trade. He's sign the tender and get traded with absolutely zero cap hit for us.

Originally posted by Gonk
Chargers say they will not be drafting Eli with the #1

Even the Chargers don't know what they're gonna do in the draft

right now, just to early.....

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
Just more pre-draft positioning imo. They aren't gonna come out and say what they're REALLY gonna do. Its dumb.

Well they have the #1, so unless they're trading down they can say and do whatever they want and there isn't anything anyone can do about it.

What about this statement means they are not taking a QB with the first pick?

Back
Top Bottom