Charles Harris Traded. | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris Traded.

Being draft high is privilege..doesnt alway mean success.. it good thing for dolphins and harris. Fresh start...
I absolutely hated the pick from day one but I would have rather just tried to develop him one more year since its not like we are loaded with talent on the front 7.
7th round picks esp from Atlanta are not that valuable but you never know maybe we can move around with it.
i think it was a smart move by Atlanta get a guy that should be way more talented than a person u would take at that point of the draft and u risk nothing.
Sad when he cannot keep Avery Moss off the field. he sucked horribly.

Missing on 1st Rnd picks, outside of injury or weird incidentals, should be THE firing offense for GMs. How could Miami be So Wrong about a guy at 17 literally lacking the physical ability to be successful?!? It's inexcusable.
Miami's pass rush was SO BAD last year and having a 1st-round drafted Defensive End/'passrusher' be SO USELESS when the need for him to be successful was so vital is just NOT OK.
Ross is a fkn CLOWN. There's NO WAY Grier should've been allowed to run our 2020 draft.

Let's hope this statement right here is the 'Jinx' of the year and everything I say here is proved otherwise: It really looks like we VASTLY Over-drafted Austin Jackson at 18. I don't even think that guy is a first-round talent, certainly not equipped to be successful in 2020 and therefore should not have been drafted in the first round.
Then, we draft some guy with a goofy AF name at our deepest position on the team when we have such pressing needs, still, at OT and DE/pass-rusher.
Igbonene or whatever. Seriously, that guy wouldn't have been available later? Sure seems like a Huge reach when we NEED talent at those 2 positions I listed above.
So, outside of Tua (where the jury is VERY 'out'), our first round looks like another Disaster.

Some of you guys are so clueless its sad. Here are the facts.
Grier has been here for 20 years, our drafts, scouting especially in key areas such as OL and DL have sucked.
Grier has run the last two drafts independently and we are assuming Tannebaum helped or had draft power before that.

For sake of argument lets focus on the last two years.
Wilkens is a competent DT, is he anything special?
Rosen was a wasted pick and yes I gave him a pass at the time but now we had to burn a top 5 pick to cover this.
Dieter? Already drafting over him it looks like.

Tua? I loved the pick but again that makes that 2nd from the year before that much more glaring
Jackson? I would rather have Wirfs. No excuses about SF wanting Kinlaw. We could have given more capital than TB and Kinlaw still could have fallen to them.
Iggy? To be determined but could have been had later.
Hunt? See above.
Davis? Could have been had a round later. #56 and a bowl of soup gets you Dobbins. A little more of a need than a rotational, lazy, DL.

I will bet other than Tua there won't be a difference maker in this draft. If people can't see this guy can't draft than you are clueless. I have watched drafts for almost 30 years and other than JJ we are not good.
Grier did a great job acquiring picks but he never makes bold moves like move up at any critical juncture. If he gets a great pick its because it falls in his lap. This jackass had 14 picks to dominate this draft. Hell I know of no one that thinks we had an A+ Draft. What good are picks when you don't use them to move up!

Missing on 1st Rnd picks, outside of injury or weird incidentals, should be THE firing offense for GMs. How could Miami be So Wrong about a guy at 17 literally lacking the physical ability to be successful?!? It's inexcusable.
Miami's pass rush was SO BAD last year and having a 1st-round drafted Defensive End/'passrusher' be SO USELESS when the need for him to be successful was so vital is just NOT OK.
Ross is a fkn CLOWN. There's NO WAY Grier should've been allowed to run our 2020 draft.

Let's hope this statement right here is the 'Jinx' of the year and everything I say here is proved otherwise: It really looks like we VASTLY Over-drafted Austin Jackson at 18. I don't even think that guy is a first-round talent, certainly not equipped to be successful in 2020 and therefore should not have been drafted in the first round.
Then, we draft some guy with a goofy AF name at our deepest position on the team when we have such pressing needs, still, at OT and DE/pass-rusher.
Igbonene or whatever. Seriously, that guy wouldn't have been available later? Sure seems like a Huge reach when we NEED talent at those 2 positions I listed above.
So, outside of Tua (where the jury is VERY 'out'), our first round looks like another Disaster.

Grier wouldn't know BPA or VBD if it bit him in the ass. After Tua he mailed it in. If one more person claims our draft board is different than OBVIOUSLY that is a huge problem! Our scouting sucks if your drafting every damn player not named Tua a round too early. You could take a damn consensus draft board over the last 20 years and I will bet it would blow all we do all to ****.

I envy you, living in a world where things are so, so very clear. What I would give to be able to just make up what words mean, like you did with the word "facts" above.

Lets not have this thread become anything but Shula appreciation , honor the man or gtfo.

What is amazing is that people thumbs up your post even though you were totally lost in the sauce about where you were posting lol
That is hilarious

I envy you, living in a world where things are so, so very clear. What I would give to be able to just make up what words mean, like you did with the word "facts" above.

Grier has been here 20 years
Grier has had final say in the last two drafts.
Those are FACTS. What part of fact do you not comprehend?

Is that avatar you? Must be nice to have a child like innocence about this FO, lol. Hey sorry just not a fan of a draft that should have been so much more.

Grier has been here 20 years
Grier has had final say in the last two drafts.
Those are FACTS. What part of fact do you not comprehend?

Is that avatar you? Must be nice to have a child like innocence about this FO, lol. Hey sorry just not a fan of a draft that should have been so much more.

Those 2 lines are facts.. But the rest of your post, which I did not copy was full of things not facts. You could have gone with: "my opinion", "I believe", even "I strongly believe". I could go on and that IS A fact.

We all get it. You don't think Grier is a good GM. You're not alone here. But how many posts do you think it takes before you are the joke instead of the punchline?

Grier has been here for 20 years, our drafts, scouting especially in key areas such as OL and DL have sucked.
Grier has run the last two drafts independently and we are assuming Tannebaum helped or had draft power before that.

Rosen was a wasted pick and yes I gave him a pass at the time but now we had to burn a top 5 pick to cover this.

Tua? I loved the pick but again that makes that 2nd from the year before that much more glaring
Jackson? I would rather have Wirfs. No excuses about SF wanting Kinlaw. We could have given more capital than TB and Kinlaw still could have fallen to them.
Hunt? See above.
Davis? Could have been had a round later. #56 and a bowl of soup gets you Dobbins. A little more of a need than a rotational, lazy, DL.

I will bet other than Tua there won't be a difference maker in this draft. If people can't see this guy can't draft than you are clueless. I have watched drafts for almost 30 years and other than JJ we are not good.
Grier did a great job acquiring picks but he never makes bold moves like move up at any critical juncture. If he gets a great pick its because it falls in his lap. This jackass had 14 picks to dominate this draft. Hell I know of no one that thinks we had an A+ Draft. What good are picks when you don't use them to move up!

"Hell I know of no one that thinks we had an A+ Draft."

Look harder!

Hunt? See above.

What you don't seem to understand is to make an argument that he is terrible you would have to at least compare him to other coaches or GM's in that time period.. I swear to god if you did you'd see dolphin drafts over the years aren't as god awful as you think and might be better then average... Where we messed up is the one area these successful teams hit on and that is elite franchise QB. ( HOWEVER I THINK THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE)

In 3 years time We are going to see dominant QB's retire (Brady,Brees,Roth,Rivers,Rodgers,Stafford,Ryan, and Wilson will be 35 declining) Leaving a Mahomes as the sole unstoppable QB. Watson can be stopped, Jackson can be stopped, Wentz can be stopped or injured..

I think then complete drafts will matter but for right now we could have drafted every position perfectly other then QB and we still wouldn't have seen success in this past couple decades. I think we are going to look back at that as the era of Legendary QB's and i don't see it being matched again in the near future.

Let's make this clear, Chris Grier was one that went to bat for Charles Harris and he whiffed bad. Harris looked like he had a very good first step, I fell for that too. People will talk about Charles Harris's lack of athleticism but it was also his lack of technique. He ended up making himself easier to block since he didn't know how to use his hands or leverage. I remember during his 2nd year Charles Clay neutralized him on 1-on-1 blocks. That's when I became way too concerned.

The irony is he did start to get a bit of a bull rush going to add pressure this year but still not enough.

In short we absolutely can say this was a bad pick. Charles seems like a good kid and a hardworker but it just wasn't in the cards here. For his sake I hope a fresh start and less pressure helps him become an option for Atlanta. And yes while he was a bust here, the fact that we got draft capital for a guy who in all honesty was probably not making the team this year is nice

Back
Top Bottom