Charles Harris Traded. | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris Traded.

Grier is a WIZARD if he gets anything of value..
Sorry, you can't make him a Wizard status unless you grade his decision to draft him as a number one. Drafting him as a 1st round pick and then trading him for a seventh not good. I will give him credit for getting some value for a bad decision. Let's hope this is not a trend with him...

What is really crazy is that rumors were that if Harris was not on the board then taco would have been our pick.
So basically we were screwing up this pick regardless.

I actually liked TJ Watt a lot in this draft but many said it was too high for him.
Horrible draft class

“He is a player that we had targeted,” Dolphins general manager Chris Grier said that draft night in 2017 after selecting Harris with the No. 22 pick. "We love the pass rush that he can give us. It is a position that you can never have enough guys in the league, the way this game is played. We like the kid’s attitude, his competitiveness.”

What is really crazy is that rumors were that if Harris was not on the board then taco would have been our pick.
So basically we were screwing up this pick regardless.

I actually liked TJ Watt a lot in this draft but many said it was too high for him.
Horrible draft class
It really was a weak draft class. Many picks after Harris aren’t much better. Hindsight, Miami should have traded out of the 1st rd.

Sorry, you can't make him a Wizard status unless you grade his decision to draft him as a number one.

I’m pretty sure he can assign him any status he wants. Just as you can. It’s called an opinion.

Clearly you disagree with his opinion.

a man that has been the primary scout and in charge of scouting for like 14 years is not one of those 2 percent types

This is simply a complete unknown statement. You have no real idea. Nobody on this forum does.

Besides, as I pointed out in another thread, there have been numerous different regimes in and out of MIA over the past 14 years. Each of those regimes had their own ideas about the systems they wanted to run and the types of players they wanted for those systems.

It is the scouts job to identify the players that fit the criteria outlined by the people in charge. It's not the scouts job to identify players they'd want if they were in charge. And there were more than just one scout. All with their own opinion.

You have no idea which players he endorsed nor do you know whether the ones he did endorse were because they fit what he was tasked to look for.

Those are among the unknown things a lot of folks here pretend to have a clue about. And not one of them do.

With all due respect

I'm not defending him. I've explained it, you admit you refuse to read it, then continue to say I'm doing something, I'm not.

THAT, is exhausting.

Dude I've literally seen you make a dozen posts in this thread arguing with everyone that you can't say for certain how much power Grier has so he can't take the blame and then you continue in every response to every single person to say "I'm not defending him".

"WADR" are you in your teenage years? You seem way too idealistic and lost.

Dude I've literally seen you make a dozen posts in this thread arguing with everyone that you can't say for certain how much power Grier has so he can't take the blame and then you continue in every response to every single person to say "I'm not defending him".

"WADR" are you in your teenage years? You seem way too idealistic and lost.
Sigh.

I am NOT defending him.

I am calling into question your (and other's) criteria for saying his past is bad. I would make the same argument for someone who said his past was good. Because (pay attention now) I am not defending him, its just your take is ridiculous, binary and childish and not based in reality.

Lastly, how the hell does someone have 16 years and 4600 posts, on an internet forum and never seen the acronym WADR? I think it is probably linked to your admitted habit of not effing reading the posts you're arguing with.

Sigh.

I am NOT defending him.

I am calling into question your (and other's) criteria for saying his past is bad. I would make the same argument for someone who said his past was good. Because (pay attention now) I am not defending him, its just your take is ridiculous, binary and childish and not based in reality.

Lastly, how the hell does someone have 16 years and 4600 posts, on an internet forum and never seen the acronym WADR? I think it is probably linked to your admitted habit of not effing reading the posts you're arguing with.

Dude, every post arguing against statements like "I hope Grier does well but he doesn't deserve a pass" is defending him.

You disagree with that? lol.

You need a better criteria than two decades of losing seasons and zero postseason success, zero accomplishments, zero strong teams. What other criteria is there? Judge the teams, right? The teams have sucked. What pass does he deserve? He doesn't, right? Then why do you keep DEFENDING THAT.

You contradict yourself a lot and to be honest, steeped in fantasty and idealism - my take being "I wish him well but he doesn't deserve any kind of praise or pass for this teams past results" is realistic. You're looking for some strange reason to defend him by grasping at the same argument "well we don't know for sure! so lets not put any blame!".

This whole digression of the thread started because people were sucking him off for getting a 7th for Charles Harris when he was the GM who drafted him. Most people didn't even really **** on the guy - I know I didn't - I just said he doesn't deserve to be defended as a GM as he does nothing to earn that. One good offseason doesn't get him absolved of blame.

His track history sucks. How much of that is his fault, we don't know. But it doesn't change his shitty track history. If you can't get past FACTS then I'm truly wasting my time (to be honest, this whole thread is worthless lol).

I didn't know what WADR meant, who cares? Why do you even bring that up? Hahaha, weird. Why even use an acroynm like that and then go on to pour your hearts defense of Chris Grier over multiple paragraphs. Too lazy at the beginning but then got fired up with energy? And since you brought it up, if you truly meant to show respect, you don't tell someone "you're wrong" when you're just defending your own opinion to them. It makes you sound like you have no business/common sense. Not that important here, but don't do it in real life, people will think you're dumb.

Dude, every post arguing against statements like "I hope Grier does well but he doesn't deserve a pass" is defending him.

You disagree with that? lol.

You need a better criteria than two decades of losing seasons and zero postseason success, zero accomplishments, zero strong teams. What other criteria is there? Judge the teams, right? The teams have sucked. What pass does he deserve? He doesn't, right? Then why do you keep DEFENDING THAT.

You contradict yourself a lot and to be honest, steeped in fantasty and idealism - my take being "I wish him well but he doesn't deserve any kind of praise or pass for this teams past results" is realistic. You're looking for some strange reason to defend him by grasping at the same argument "well we don't know for sure! so lets not put any blame!".

This whole digression of the thread started because people were sucking him off for getting a 7th for Charles Harris when he was the GM who drafted him. Most people didn't even really **** on the guy - I know I didn't - I just said he doesn't deserve to be defended as a GM as he does nothing to earn that. One good offseason doesn't get him absolved of blame.

His track history sucks. How much of that is his fault, we don't know. But it doesn't change his ****ty track history. If you can't get past FACTS then I'm truly wasting my time (to be honest, this whole thread is worthless lol).

I didn't know what WADR meant, who cares? Why do you even bring that up? Hahaha, weird. Why even use an acroynm like that and then go on to pour your hearts defense of Chris Grier over multiple paragraphs. Too lazy at the beginning but then got fired up with energy? And since you brought it up, if you truly meant to show respect, you don't tell someone "you're wrong" when you're just defending your own opinion to them. It makes you sound like you have no business/common sense. Not that important here, but don't do it in real life, people will think you're dumb.
Look, we're going in circles.

You don't understand basic concepts and language and are itching for a fight because you're likely miserable at home or something, and I'm an idiot for trying to get you too grasp this very simple stuff.

So believe what you want, cause this line here ------>|<------ (is where I stop being pulled into your ridiculousness)

Look, we're going in circles.

You don't understand basic concepts and language and are itching for a fight because you're likely miserable at home or something, and I'm an idiot for trying to get you too grasp this very simple stuff.

So believe what you want, cause this line here ------>|<------ (is where I stop being pulled into your ridiculousness)

Pretty annoying when someone insists 2+2=5.

Back
Top Bottom