Charles Harris Traded. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris Traded.

Grier was the GM when Harris was selected in the first round. So I really can’t give him any credit unless he got a first round pick from the Falcons. I’m glad they got something for Harris but it was still a terrible pick by Grier to begin with.
Tannebeaum.

Good trade for both sides. We get rid of the player and contract, they gain what amounts to a 7th round steal in this and next year's draft.

Chris Grier doing his best impersonation of Chris Grier. Making chicken casserole out of chicken $&!/

Other than allowing this team to take him in the first place. What a terrible pick. Grier needs credit for that as well.

Every single GM makes picks that don’t work out. What seems to be changing is that this regime is moving on from picks that don’t work out more quickly than in the past.

In all due respect, it wasn't Grier. More likely Flo said 'he's gone' and Grier salvages what he could. Grier gets much credit for the trade. Not so much for recognizing the mistake

That’s an awfully suspect correction of another poster, particularly when you follow it up with “most likely.” You don’t know any better than he does.

That’s an awfully suspect correction of another poster, particularly when you follow it up with “most likely.” You don’t know any better than he does.

Can you imagine Grier walking in to Flo's office . . .
"Dude, we made a mistake drafting Harris. I just traded him.'
Flo; 'W-h-a-a-t?'

Tannebeaum.
You have absolutely no proof that Tannebaum was responsible for picking Harris. If you look at last years draft Grier drafted one player who was a starter for the Dolphins. The rest of the draft picks were mediocre at best or should not have been drafted to begin with. Tannebaum was fired well before the 2019 draft, so all those picks were totally on Grier.

Hopefully he did a better job this year but only time will tell. I liked the Tua pick but every player after Tua are players who seem to need time to develop. I was hoping that with three first round picks they would get at least 2 players ready to start immediately while I knew Tua would probably play very little if at all this coming season. I am certainly willing to give Grier the benefit of the doubt on this draft but he needs to have 6 or7 of the players he drafted this year become solid contributors for this to be considered a good draft IMO.

He Just didn't have the size or skill set to make it as an end. This leaves 3 players now from the 2017 draft with the team. That's is very bad
Actually that's a decent haul from a draft if you make 7 picks. Strong preference would have them be starters of course. Check out San Fran which made the Superbowl last year and who they picked with their two first rounders in 2017. Especially at number three overall. For all the hype the draft generates - and I love it - there are way more misses than hits.

Well, good job by the GM to get something for him but this was the same GM that drafted him in the 1st round and now traded him for a 7th round pick

It is not so easy. It's not 100% the fault of Grier, that Harris was our 1 rd. Pick.

Grier pick Players, which are good for the current system. The Coaching staff in 2017 was terrible with a terrible system in place. A T.J Watt with our 2017 coaching staff would be a medicore player. In Pit he is legit with the system and couches around him.

Now we hope, we have a system and a good coaching staff, that can maximize the talent and value of every player.

Our Future is bright with Grier at the helmet and Coach Flores.

Can you imagine Grier walking in to Flo's office . . .
"Dude, we made a mistake drafting Harris. I just traded him.'
Flo; 'W-h-a-a-t?'

Its 100% collaborative. I have no clue why you’re trying to paint one person as the smart one and the other the dumb one. Moving on from a player is a collaborative effort among the front office. If it isn’t, you end up with a dysfunctional team. This team is anything but dysfunctional right now, so we can safely say everyone has a voice in these decisions.

You have absolutely no proof that Tannebaum was responsible for picking Harris. If you look at last years draft Grier drafted one player who was a starter for the Dolphins. The rest of the draft picks were mediocre at best or should not have been drafted to begin with. Tannebaum was fired well before the 2019 draft, so all those picks were totally on Grier.

Hopefully he did a better job this year but only time will tell. I liked the Tua pick but every player after Tua are players who seem to need time to develop. I was hoping that with three first round picks they would get at least 2 players ready to start immediately while I knew Tua would probably play very little if at all this coming season. I am certainly willing to give Grier the benefit of the doubt on this draft but he needs to have 6 or7 of the players he drafted this year become solid contributors for this to be considered a good draft IMO.
I'll wait on your proof to the contrary.

Back
Top Bottom