Charley Casserly on Good Morning Football on The NFLN.............. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charley Casserly on Good Morning Football on The NFLN..............

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
When talking about the matchup of tonight's game........"The Dolphins corners & Linebackers are just not that good." I guess we all knew this but why wasn't this addressed in the offseason? Another wasted year? Obviously another without postseason aspirations.

We still have issues at RB and other areas so I don't want to hear that there were other areas to address because it seems that nothing was addressed other than Tunsil

When talking about the matchup of tonight's game........"The Dolphins corners & Linebackers are just not that good." I guess we all knew this but why wasn't this addressed in the offseason? Another wasted year? Obviously another without postseason aspirations.

It was addressed. They just didn't do a good job addressing it, per the norm.

The issues were addressed, and so far Howard looks to be legit, but this FO/coaching staff put too much faith in Alanso, and Maxwell and that is not working out so well. I think even without that trade we take Tunsil at our original pick so it appears on paper that it's not a bad trade but what makes it bad is the fact that we got two players who we counted on that are a liability on the field. Had we not made that trade i don't think we trade up for Caroo, and we try to sign other lbs or CBS in FA etc. Although I could be wrong on that with this front office....

I don't see Alonso as a liability. However, Jenkins and Misi look like depth players rather than starters.

Jury's still out on Kiko but Maxwell is not playing well and that contract sucks. We've needed to draft LB's for the last 4 years but instead we've drafted oline high. We're gonna need like about 6 or 7 new starters next year but our GM already got rid of some of our picks.

Ozzy rules!!

Tannenbaum is even worse than I feared.

It was addressed. They just didn't do a good job addressing it, per the norm.

It was addressed in much the same way that my toddler once addressed the blandness of my walls with permanent markers.

They tried to address it but it didn't work out., Maxwell isn't that good and Alonso has struggled with some pretty important things. Howard is great though. We are on the right path, too bad we couldn't find another corner ok,the draft. This draft looks better than most years past.

Miami drafted three first rounders on the line in recent years, when you look at Pouncey, James, and Tunsil. They used free agency to sign another as a high priority contract in Brandon Albert. Bushrod is a former premium LT.

The point? When you can never get the OL right, a byproduct is other units don't get talent infusion. You keep putting high investments into the OL (or is it the "LOL"), and other units suffer. Where is the high impact, stud linebacker? You can't get him by not putting resources on it.

As for the OL, you could make the case that Tunsil is the only one worthy of the pick where Miami made it. But Miami is so deficient on the line, they went wild on Pouncey and James. I believe Pouncey was the highest taken center...ever. Virtually every team in the league has solid players on the line that were drafted mid to late rounders. Getting a guard or right tackle later is pretty universal. Instead, Miami put first rounders there. Imagine Miami had a fourth rounder getting it done at right tackle and a third rounder at center. Then you would have freed up two draft picks in the first round that could been used at LB, S, DE, whatever.

To add insult to injury, the Dolphins' line isn't good enough. A ton of guards around the league are former college tackles. Miami has tried that with Thomas, Turner, Jerry, et al. But you've got to project better from college tackle to pro guard. Or just get a dominant college guard (like Dan Feeney in the next draft). The scouts just have not understood or gotten it right on figuring out guard.

Look at the Pats' interior line. They totally get what they need at interior line play in a way that Miami hasn't been able to do.

This is what happens when you can't fix your O-line and throw all your resources into fixing it. Other positions get neglected.

This is what happens when you can't fix your O-line and throw all your resources into fixing it. Other positions get neglected.

this is what happens when you make **** decisions at o line, te, d line, linebacker and cornerback - all at the same time

We still have issues at RB and other areas so I don't want to hear that there were other areas to address because it seems that nothing was addressed other than Tunsil

Drafted Howard, signed Culliver, traded for Maxwell/Alonso. There's only so much to do. I wouldn't have drafted Carroo if he wasn't going to be used. It's early yes but that trade up for him isn't panning out.

Back
Top Bottom