Charley Casserly on Good Morning Football on The NFLN.............. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charley Casserly on Good Morning Football on The NFLN..............

And now were lacking depth at DE as our primary guys are aging. Anyone remember trading up to third overall for a pass rusher????

This year was an obvious throwaway year from the start.

Sadly that dumbass Tannenbum didn't see it, so he decided to screw our cap to hell and throw away next year's draft picks for more crappy players because he thought they would make a difference. Because what's better than one throwaway year? Multiple throwaway years, of course!

We had a good chance to use this year to rebuild, but Ross hired the dumbest man in the NFL to head our front office and now we're in even worse shape than last year. The Dolphins will never compete for anything but the #1 overall pick as long as this con-artist is here.

Rome wasnt built in a day.

It was apparent with our draft that this year's focus is on the Offensive side of the ball, specifically the passing game.

Gase needs to evaluate Tanny, and the only way he can do that is to fix the O-line and upgrade his weapons. I wasnt crazy about trading picks for Caroo either, but I'm guessing they think he will become a weapon sometime during the season.

The D is stop-gap guys and bandaids. We will focus more on D next year (I hope!), unless of course Tanny isnt in Gase's plans...

6. My biggest issue with Miami? The Dolphins have allowed opponents to dictate games. The defense played well in the opener, but Miami was outplayed Sunday by a left-for-dead Browns squad that pummeled the 'Fins for 430 total yards of offense. Adam Gase is a talented play-caller and Dolphins players have raved about their first-year coach. He isn't happy with the overall effort, though, telling reporters this week: "I'm over discussing any of this stuff with players. We're either going to start getting the job done, or we're going to make changes."

This is a huge issue. Like last year, we have to play catch up almost every game. When this offense is clicking, they can score a lot of points. The problem is that our O feels no need to turn it on until it's too late.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000711397/article/what-to-watch-for-in-dolphinsbengals-on-tnf

While this is true, the offense did give our defense an 11 point lead in the 4th quarter. That should've been enough against a depleted Browns offense. Instead, the defense allowed them to tie the game while our offense failed at scoring more points.

I'm tired of the narrative that our defensive woes are on the offense. Both units need to man the **** up and play better.

The Eagles trade away 3 starters and we get 3 starters in return. Now they look like one of the best teams in the league and we still look like ****.

While this is true, the offense did give our defense an 11 point lead in the 4th quarter. That should've been enough against a depleted Browns offense. Instead, the defense allowed them to tie the game while our offense failed at scoring more points.

I'm tired of the narrative that our defensive woes are on the offense. Both units need to man the **** up and play better.

The defense needs players. Howard was a very good choice to start things off, and Alonso is not terrible, he needs to tackle better and be more instinctive. He'll never be as instinctive as Zach, but then Zach was a god. Our offensive make up is really good in passing. They can keep up the learning process with Gases offense, however, they need to extend drives to aid our hapless D. And I don't mean just to eat up time, I mean make meaningful drives for tds. As much as I admit the defense needs help, people must also admit that 3 n out, 3 n out, 3 n out, 3 n out is ridiculous.

The defense needs players. Howard was a very good choice to start things off, and Alonso is not terrible, he needs to tackle better and be more instinctive. He'll never be as instinctive as Zach, but then Zach was a god. Our offensive make up is really good in passing. They can keep up the learning process with Gases offense, however, they need to extend drives to aid our hapless D. And I don't mean just to eat up time, I mean make meaningful drives for tds. As much as I admit the defense needs help, people must also admit that 3 n out, 3 n out, 3 n out, 3 n out is ridiculous.

The problem with our offense is the lack of an effective running game. Especially when you get a lead, you need to be able to eat up the clock somehow, but without being able to run it gets tricky. And our team does try to run, but that's how we end up in 3rd and 9 or 3rd and 8, and that's why we go 3 and out so much.

Like I said, both units have their issues, but the lack of talent on defense is definitely much more noticeable, I agree with that.

This has become an even bigger issue than the O-Line....and that is saying something. Too many long drives by our opponents!

I sweat to god I would draft nothing but linebackers in the next draft. I'd take one in every round and bring in some UFAs too. lol

The problem with our offense is the lack of an effective running game. Especially when you get a lead, you need to be able to eat up the clock somehow, but without being able to run it gets tricky. And our team does try to run, but that's how we end up in 3rd and 9 or 3rd and 8, and that's why we go 3 and out so much.

Like I said, both units have their issues, but the lack of talent on defense is definitely much more noticeable, I agree with that.

Completely agree....we need to do more short passes to replace running plays instead of trying to force a weakness that is putting us in early long down and distance!

I think all I can say is that the Eagles dumped two of their defensive starters on us and they now have the #1 scoring D and we have serious concerns about our defense after 3 weeks.

I thought Alonso could be a steal if he returned to form, but I'm not seeing it.

The issues were addressed, and so far Howard looks to be legit, but this FO/coaching staff put too much faith in Alanso, and Maxwell and that is not working out so well. I think even without that trade we take Tunsil at our original pick so it appears on paper that it's not a bad trade but what makes it bad is the fact that we got two players who we counted on that are a liability on the field. Had we not made that trade i don't think we trade up for Caroo, and we try to sign other lbs or CBS in FA etc. Although I could be wrong on that with this front office....
I hear you loud and clear about Maxwell. Watching him play off the receivers as much as he does, I can understand how in his mind he thinks he's actually covering anybody. Alonzo I think the jury is still out on him. True he is not lighting the world on fire, but he's not exactly surrounded with the best talent. Part of the problem in my mind is our defensive line is so overrated. Last night I was re-watching the Browns game and saw Phillips never lifted his head on a particular play to find the runner, and the back ran right by him for 7 yard gain, in fact he ran right through the path the runner ended up taking. This can't happen if you're a winning team. Front Office needs to start drafting "smart" players. Honestly we must be one of the stupidest teams in the league football IQ wise.

Can you elaborate on why you think that is? I know that you and hoops are really high on him, and I have definitely been impressed with what I've seen, but a lot of other people who write about cornerback play feel he has merely been "OK."

there's just not anything i don't like. i think his top end is adequate enough. has the locate and ball skills to be elite. some inconsistencies but he's 23. just needs experience. once he has route recognition down at this level he's an 8 INT guy. also i think a couple things are worth noting. gase put our rookies through the ringer to earn their roles. tunsil was a lock to start on our OL but he made him earn it right up until the end. with howard, despite missing most of the preseason, he waltzed right in to a starting role because of "what he did in OTAs". also, teams usually attack rookie CBs, and it's maxwell they've gone after so far this year, not howard.

there's just not anything i don't like. i think his top end is adequate enough. has the locate and ball skills to be elite. some inconsistencies but he's 23. just needs experience. once he has route recognition down at this level he's an 8 INT guy. also i think a couple things are worth noting. gase put our rookies through the ringer to earn their roles. tunsil was a lock to start on our OL but he made him earn it right up until the end. with howard, despite missing most of the preseason, he waltzed right in to a starting role because of "what he did in OTAs". also, teams usually attack rookie CBs, and it's maxwell they've gone after so far this year, not howard.

Howard SHOULD have had an int last week (I think it was last week against Pryor?) But he totally made a nice read and I'm shocked that he didn't catch it

Howard SHOULD have had an int last week (I think it was last week against Pryor?) But he totally made a nice read and I'm shocked that he didn't catch it

i think that was one of those he saw it coming and got too excited to get his first INT. he'll catch the next one.

It looked to me like the receiver actually made a good play to punch it out of his hands?

Back
Top Bottom