Charley Casserly on Good Morning Football on The NFLN.............. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charley Casserly on Good Morning Football on The NFLN..............

The Eagles trade away 3 starters and we get 3 starters in return. Now they look like one of the best teams in the league and we still look like ****.

Just goes to a show what having a good QB and good coaching can do for a team.

Howard SHOULD have had an int last week (I think it was last week against Pryor?) But he totally made a nice read and I'm shocked that he didn't catch it

I don't know if it was as much a good read as it was a horrible throw and being in the right place at the right time.

I don't know if it was as much a good read as it was a horrible throw and being in the right place at the right time.

Yep Pryor air mailed the receiver horrible right to Howard

Funny side note: What that play happened a Browns fan at the local watering hole said to me "That's why he is on defense not WR" I said "That is why Pryor is a Wr not a QB"

Good to see some coming around. Tannenbaum was the worst hire in dolphins history. If we could go back in time and fire him the day he was hired, it still wouldn't be soon enough.

The hell did hickey do to lose his job? A competent gm being fired for a buffoon should tell anyone what they need to know about Ross and his football related business acumen.

I hear you loud and clear about Maxwell. Watching him play off the receivers as much as he does, I can understand how in his mind he thinks he's actually covering anybody. Alonzo I think the jury is still out on him. True he is not lighting the world on fire, but he's not exactly surrounded with the best talent. Part of the problem in my mind is our defensive line is so overrated. Last night I was re-watching the Browns game and saw Phillips never lifted his head on a particular play to find the runner, and the back ran right by him for 7 yard gain, in fact he ran right through the path the runner ended up taking. This can't happen if you're a winning team. Front Office needs to start drafting "smart" players. Honestly we must be one of the stupidest teams in the league football IQ wise.

Coaching can fix this

Didn't Maxwell state that he does better when he doesn't play off the receiver and doesn't the stats prove that?

Good to see some coming around. Tannenbaum was the worst hire in dolphins history. If we could go back in time and fire him the day he was hired, it still wouldn't be soon enough.

The hell did hickey do to lose his job? A competent gm being fired for a buffoon should tell anyone what they need to know about Ross and his football related business acumen.

Ross likes sports shakes.

there's just not anything i don't like. i think his top end is adequate enough. has the locate and ball skills to be elite. some inconsistencies but he's 23. just needs experience. once he has route recognition down at this level he's an 8 INT guy. also i think a couple things are worth noting. gase put our rookies through the ringer to earn their roles. tunsil was a lock to start on our OL but he made him earn it right up until the end. with howard, despite missing most of the preseason, he waltzed right in to a starting role because of "what he did in OTAs". also, teams usually attack rookie CBs, and it's maxwell they've gone after so far this year, not howard.

I agree...the only thing he's missing right now is route recognition...once he can sit on routes by distance to the sticks and situational play off tape study he's gonna make plays on the ball

I would also agree that calling his long speed "adequate" fits at this point too

Didn't Maxwell state that he does better when he doesn't play off the receiver and doesn't the stats prove that?

If he presses he can only carry shallow routes (not lately though) and must have help over the top.

Rome wasnt built in a day.

It was apparent with our draft that this year's focus is on the Offensive side of the ball, specifically the passing game.

Gase needs to evaluate Tanny, and the only way he can do that is to fix the O-line and upgrade his weapons. I wasnt crazy about trading picks for Caroo either, but I'm guessing they think he will become a weapon sometime during the season.

The D is stop-gap guys and bandaids. We will focus more on D next year (I hope!), unless of course Tanny isnt in Gase's plans...

How on earth can you use the "Rome wasn't build in a day" cliche to defend Tannenbum? He's the one that reworked contracts to screw over our future cap so he could get more players in here this year, traded away future picks and cap space for immediate (awful) players, and has shown a complete inability to build a team, especially long term, throughout his entire career. The more time you give to Tannenbum, the closer this team gets to being a legit competitor for the #1 overall pick. Hell, we're almost there already.

How on earth can you use the "Rome wasn't build in a day" cliche to defend Tannenbum? He's the one that reworked contracts to screw over our future cap so he could get more players in here this year, traded away future picks and cap space for immediate (awful) players, and has shown a complete inability to build a team, especially long term, throughout his entire career. The more time you give to Tannenbum, the closer this team gets to being a legit competitor for the #1 overall pick. Hell, we're almost there already.

And Tannenbaum has been in his current position for 2 years and was a consultant the year before that.

I'm not defending Tannenbaum, I'm defending Gase.

I think Misi is pretty solid when he's on the field. Alonso hasn't been bad but hasn't been a difference maker. Jenkins has been bad and think his knee is a big reason why.

We need a freak.

Back
Top Bottom