Charlie Weis for OC in 2005 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charlie Weis for OC in 2005

taylorj99

Starter
Reaction score
According to this, he will be available.

AP reports when the 2004 season ends, Patriots OC Charlie Weis plans to call a play for himself: "Offensive Coordinator Go." "It would be strange if he were to return after this season," Weis' agent, Bob LaMonte, said yesterday. "Given the present state of negotiations it's highly unlikely." It's about the money. Over the weekend, LaMonte told the Boston Globe that Weis would not return to the Patriots if the team didn't make him one of the league's more highly-paid coordinators. Weis now draws a middle-of-the-road $500,000 from the Patriots while a number of coordinators league-wide are making more than twice as much. Yesterday, LaMonte explained that, "We tried to reach an agreement and corporately the Patriots decided against it. So for Charlie, all he can do is work as hard as he can, devote himself and know he will not be back next year."

I would love to have him as OC depending on if Wanny stays or goes!

Why shoot so low I don't want him for OC I want him for HC!
Wanny out!

I like that! Lets start a bandwagon! :rockon: :band:

The Wanny out Bandwagon! :bombyou:

Wies in! He will change this team into killer they need to be to win! :assimilat

Why the fascination with Weis? Here is how the Pats point production compares to the Dolphins over the last 4 years:

2003: +37
2002: +3
2001: +27
2000: -47

Keep in mind, this is in comaprison to the offense that members of this forum think is the worst in the history of the NFL.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Why the fascination with Weis? Here is how the Pats point production compares to the Dolphins over the last 4 years:

Keep in mind, this is in comaprison to the offense that members of this forum think is the worst in the history of the NFL.

What has scoring more then them gotten us? Not two Superbowls that's for sure! Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he is the answer but I think the way he thinks! Having a Belichik guy can't be a bad thing! It's not like our offence has lite up the score boards like the 99 Rams! They could just some help!

Keep in mind, this is in comaprison to the offense that members of this forum think is the worst in the history of the NFL

Yo kid you is a bonafide Bills fan in the closet cause you always shooting down good ideas.Sounds like you desire the demise of the Fin nation!!

There is no way Weis is going to be an OC in the league anywhere next year. This guy is going to get a HC job somewhere and be well paid for it. If we don't make the playoffs or are ousted in the 1st rd. then I fully expect Wanny to be gone. Then again I fully expected him to be gone this year but good ol' Wayne H. tricked us again and gave him the extention. If we want Weis then Wayne better be prepared to shell out the big money. BTW, hasn't the "Get Wanny Out" bandwagon been truckin' for a few years now? I know, because I'm riding shotgun...

shalafi3455 said:
What has scoring more then them gotten us? Not two Superbowls that's for sure! Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he is the answer but I think the way he thinks! Having a Belichik guy can't be a bad thing! It's not like our offence has lite up the score boards like the 99 Rams! They could just some help!

They have outscored us. My point is that their success is based more on their defense than their offense. They run a different style offense that us, but it really hasn't been that much more production in terms of scoring.

If you want to take someone from the NE coaching staff, it should be Belichick. :D

I hate Wanny more than anyone. And I wanted the see that ugly mug of his with that road kill on his lip out the door as soon as the clock went to 00:00 in the final game. However, I don't own the team...some egotistical bastard does! I was born a Fin Fan and will die one. I will support the player this year that give there all and root for the best. However, until the clock goes to 00:00 in the Fins final game. I am going to hold of on who I think should be HC-OC-DC. Personally I am more interested in a new owner!

finregime said:
Yo kid you is a bonafide Bills fan in the closet cause you always shooting down good ideas.Sounds like you desire the demise of the Fin nation!!

right......

Yeah but even before the Patriots became the vogue team of the new millenium, Weis was a pretty good coordinator. He was always known for his flexibility with style and play-calling...he particularly doesn't hesitate going to the no-huddle to get something going in the game. He's very personnel-oriented in what he does.

Basically what you have to ask yourself is how did Charlie Weis manage to outproduce us when all he's had is Tom Brady and Troy Brown. I mean, thats it. The rest of the patriots players have been dog food including offensive linemen.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
They have outscored us. My point is that their success is based more on their defense than their offense. They run a different style offense that us, but it really hasn't been that much more production in terms of scoring.

If you want to take someone from the NE coaching staff, it should be Belichick. :D

Oh I see I thought you meant it the other way around! So if they out scored us then we could use him! I think he is a good coach and will make a good Head coach! Working with Bill for so long has gotten to rub off on him! Maybe he can give our D some insite! You Bill had been working with Charlie help plan the O and given so insite to his Defencive mind set!
Besides who is going to be out there that is better?

Back
Top Bottom