Charlie Weis for OC in 2005 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charlie Weis for OC in 2005

Basically what you have to ask yourself is how did Charlie Weis manage to outproduce us when all he's had is Tom Brady and Troy Brown. I mean, thats it. The rest of the patriots players have been dog food including offensive linemen

I agree wholehartedly.That's why they stay good is because their system is good enough to not have to overpay for superstars on either side of the ball.

ckparrothead said:
Yeah but even before the Patriots became the vogue team of the new millenium, Weis was a pretty good coordinator. He was always known for his flexibility with style and play-calling...he particularly doesn't hesitate going to the no-huddle to get something going in the game. He's very personnel-oriented in what he does.

Basically what you have to ask yourself is how did Charlie Weis manage to outproduce us when all he's had is Tom Brady and Troy Brown. I mean, thats it. The rest of the patriots players have been dog food including offensive linemen.

I would also add that there's lots to be said for turning a 6th round pick into a Pro Bowl and Super Bowl QB. That's obviously due to more than just Weis's presence, but still.

ckparrothead said:
Yeah but even before the Patriots became the vogue team of the new millenium, Weis was a pretty good coordinator. He was always known for his flexibility with style and play-calling...he particularly doesn't hesitate going to the no-huddle to get something going in the game. He's very personnel-oriented in what he does.

Basically what you have to ask yourself is how did Charlie Weis manage to outproduce us when all he's had is Tom Brady and Troy Brown. I mean, thats it. The rest of the patriots players have been dog food including offensive linemen.

Good point, except for the O-line they have been pretty good! If Smith can get rushing yards they can't be that bad! :roflmao:
I love Weis's type of thinking! He is always looking for new ways to win and change things up! He doesn't just stick with one way of thinking! Even if it work, but not how you totally thinks it should he will change it! I think he could do some great things with this team! JMO

ckparrothead said:

Because we had even less....

Last year yes but in years past no. 02' we had better line but Fiedler is a bum and this team likes their captain to be a bum.

finregime said:
Last year yes but in years past no. 02' we had better line but Fiedler is a bum and this team likes their captain to be a bum.

And we ended the season tied with the Pats (only because the bum was injured for 6 games).....

Nice, real nice......

finregime said:

I'm not so sure they line wasn't better! I think we might have had a better run blocking OL but I think they had a better Pass blocking OL! Brady doesn't get sacked all the much! He has a pocket presents much like that of Marino's! Brady can fell the pressure pretty well and takes that small step up to avoid the rush! Much like Dan use to! Little things like that make an OL better!

Originally Posted by ckparrothead

I think CW has done a lot with incredibly few tools. He's been able to utilize his a team of talented players without huge starts and win championships.

I'm all for giving him a fat contract.

I like Wise but I wouldnt mind getting their other Co-ordinator Romeo Cromell. I will be happy if we get either, but for that to happen we have to get rid of "Roadkill!!!"

Fins2theend said:
I like Wise but I wouldnt mind getting their other Co-ordinator Romeo Cromell. I will be happy if we get either, but for that to happen we have to get rid of "Roadkill!!!"

Romeo is good also but I think we could use a more offensive minded coach! Someone that can help this Offense get on track! Maybe someone that won't kill Ricky before he gets to retire!

OC C. Wies isn't what I'd call your prime HC candidate. He's done well with the Pats offense, but it's not like they ever blow anybody out. The players play well within his system, and they make very few mistakes as well. It's a well balanced attack that allows everyone to get involved...

The Pats defense is their strength though, and that's why they're SB champs IMO. If the Pats didn't have that defense, and DC R. Cromell, they wouldn't have even made the playoffs IMO.....

I do think C. Wies would make a great OC in Miami. WH should seriously consider adding him in 2005. There is no salary cap when it comes to adding coaches, so he needs to dig deep, and make him an offer he can't turn down...

PHINZ RULE!!!! :cool:

taylorj99 said:
According to this, he will be available.

AP reports when the 2004 season ends, Patriots OC Charlie Weis plans to call a play for himself: "Offensive Coordinator Go." "It would be strange if he were to return after this season," Weis' agent, Bob LaMonte, said yesterday. "Given the present state of negotiations it's highly unlikely." It's about the money. Over the weekend, LaMonte told the Boston Globe that Weis would not return to the Patriots if the team didn't make him one of the league's more highly-paid coordinators. Weis now draws a middle-of-the-road $500,000 from the Patriots while a number of coordinators league-wide are making more than twice as much. Yesterday, LaMonte explained that, "We tried to reach an agreement and corporately the Patriots decided against it. So for Charlie, all he can do is work as hard as he can, devote himself and know he will not be back next year."

Hey Taylor99, maybe you can explain what a Cleveland Steamer is for the uninitiated...? Where did you get that avatar? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom