Check out the lines for Week 1... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Check out the lines for Week 1...

CirclingWagons

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Got this from a thread started at BZ...
VegasInsider Lines

Dolphins favored by 13.5...very high, I'd expect the Dolphins to beat them by way more than that, but still, smart to stay away from the big spreads....also, I can't believe Buffalo is favored:confused:

damn..look at the New Orleans-Seattle game....high o/u, but I'm tempted to take the over...this game looks to be extremely high-scoring

Seems like the odds maker believe the Bills are for real with that line. It should be one of the better games. I like atlanta getting 2 from the Cowboys. I liked the Fins giving 12 but 14.5 is little tough for me to give.

Originally posted by bdwgroove
Seems like the odds maker believe the Bills are for real with that line. It should be one of the better games. I like atlanta getting 2 from the Cowboys. I liked the Fins giving 12 but 14.5 is little tough for me to give.

true, 12 is about right...14.5 is way too risky

I hate to make this a Bills thread and I'm not talking sh*t here when I say.....

The 4-6 defense has to be run perfect in this league or it's a total failure.

With the new additions to the Bills and the scheme, I don't see it happening.

Originally posted by ZOD
I hate to make this a Bills thread and I'm not talking sh*t here when I say.....

The 4-6 defense has to be run perfect in this league or it's a total failure.

With the new additions to the Bills and the scheme, I don't see it happening.
We're not running Strictly a 4-6 btw
also, we have one of the best defensive minds ever(LeBeau) teaching it....we'll be fine...nothing will come close to last years defensive debacles

I think Seattle will be much improved this year.... they should put points on the board.

Since when is Dick LeBeau one of the best defensive minds ever? His defenses in Cincinnati were NOT good.

I'd bet on Houston honestly with that line. This won't be a close game but the score might not reflect that.

I think the Phins will try to make a real statement with Ricky Williams in this game and the Texans will try and stop him. The defense will do a number on the Texans offense but they should be good enough to score 10 points especially when we're just pounding the ball all over them and playing good defense. I don't expect DW to "open it up" when so many people are coming back from injury and there's so many questions about Ricky's underachievement during the preseason...and the OL. I see this game being close to the vest but in retrospect, an easy win.

CK, I think DW WILL open it up. Usually we are on FIRE the first game of the season... ESPECIALLY the home opener. DW will throw the book at houston and I expect to see quite a bit more chances taken, than what we usually see from the Dolphins.

That is how we started last year. The problem is, once things go bad, Wannstedt reverts to his conservative self, and then it is downhill from there the rest of the season.

I expect VERY big things out of our offense in game 1, it may not stay that way all season long, but against a young Texans team we should see lots of points put up IMO.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Since when is Dick LeBeau one of the best defensive minds ever? His defenses in Cincinnati were NOT good.

I'd bet on Houston honestly with that line. This won't be a close game but the score might not reflect that.

I think the Phins will try to make a real statement with Ricky Williams in this game and the Texans will try and stop him. The defense will do a number on the Texans offense but they should be good enough to score 10 points especially when we're just pounding the ball all over them and playing good defense. I don't expect DW to "open it up" when so many people are coming back from injury and there's so many questions about Ricky's underachievement during the preseason...and the OL. I see this game being close to the vest but in retrospect, an easy win.
Dick Lebeau has been in the league over 40 years now, and he is the inventor of the zone-blitz..he is widely respected, and acknowledged as a defensive guru...read up on him and you'll see what I mean...You'll also see what I mean when you watch us blitz the qb this year...his stamp is definately on this defense....also, blaming LeBeau for Cincy is shallow...they've been in the crapper for 13 straight years now...thank the owner for that...LeBeau did all he could...hell, he even started out 2-0 a couple years ago with that sorry team

Originally posted by Emskirch
I think Seattle will be much improved this year.... they should put points on the board.

They may well be improved but their starting RT has been suspended for 4 games. It may effect them.

13.5 favorites? Isn't that like giving the Dolphins 5 pre-season games instead of 4 like everyone else?

Hey Dave, if you're listening check this out. Put in the starters and have them punish the Texans until we get a 21 point lead (should be within the first 6 minutes of the game), then yank the starters out and see if anyone on the practice squad or the stands wants to try out one more time. What the hell, can't hurt. hehe :D

Yeah I say the Fins win by at least 3 scores but I hope I'n wrong...

CW,

I won't knock Lebeau. I'll just say (as some of your fans have) that as long as Buffalo runs the 4-6, you guys are going nowhere.

Tell me some more about not being strictly 4-6. Really, I'm interested.

But I think you're going to tell me on third downs they'll fall into the nickel or something. :lol:

Originally posted by ZOD
CW,

I won't knock Lebeau. I'll just say (as some of your fans have) that as long as Buffalo runs the 4-6, you guys are going nowhere.

Tell me some more about not being strictly 4-6. Really, I'm interested.

But I think you're going to tell me on third downs they'll fall into the nickel or something. :lol:

I'm interested in knowing how you think you know more than the Buffalo defensive coaches....we have 2 very good corners, 2 great DT's, and possibly the best starting LB corps in the league...no smack intended dude, but we are way better off than you think...speed is the way to go on defense, and our LB's are fast as hell

Back
Top Bottom