Check out the lines for Week 1... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Check out the lines for Week 1...

Look, I don't think I know more than those guys. The damn defense is just a beast worth of assignments.

I sit here and watch and listen to the struggles in assignments with the 4-3 and that defense has nothing to do with mismatches concerning the front four.

From what I've read about it while attempting to learn the basics of it, I threw my hands up and said "f*ck, why make things so complicated?"

IMO the basics of that defense works to stop the run. But as for lining up in a 4-6 continually in the NFL, I just don't understand why a coach would be willing to risk what the defense does.

Hell, even the famous Bear 46 defensive players say they couldn't have done it without the talent that they had.

The fins air attack needs the work, they will air it out all day long! They want to win big in the 1st week of the year. This is the new wanny, he is coaching to keep his job!

Originally posted by ZOD
Look, I don't think I know more than those guys. The damn defense is just a beast worth of assignments.

I sit here and watch and listen to the struggles in assignments with the 4-3 and that defense has nothing to do with mismatches concerning the front four.

From what I've read about it while attempting to learn the basics of it, I threw my hands up and said "f*ck, why make things so complicated?"

IMO the basics of that defense works to stop the run. But as for lining up in a 4-6 continually in the NFL, I just don't understand why a coach would be willing to risk what the defense does.

Hell, even the famous Bear 46 defensive players say they couldn't have done it without the talent that they had.

Well, look where they are coming from...GW was a great DC at Tennessee, Gray was his DB's coach(I think)...and LeBeau is there...a strong defensive influence...now they have the personnel to do what they want....I'm not going to debate a defense I don't understand either, let's just see how it plays out...I'm increasingly optimistic though

CW,

This is just a basic High School diagram but it does eventually parlay into what the Bills will be doing.

It's just one variation of the defense and I stress "variation".

While your reading coverages down at the bottom and you contemplate one of your ends out on coverage remember-

There is more than one reason why the Dolphins have been running Ricky out in motion to a "flanker" or "split end" or "whatever you want to call it".

The 46 is a big gamble as it pertains to "individual plays" in the NFL.

You win. You win big.

You lose. You lose big.

I have been meaning to read more about the defense because as I said "I threw my hands up".

Where's DolfanMike when you need him?

Oops.. I forgot the link.

http://members.aol.com/tbran1996/private/46def.htm

looking at the diagram, we have the right corners for this D...SS Coy Wire looks like a perfect fit for this, our LB corps is definately capable of this, but our DE's are not giving me great confidence...there's got to be different variations as well

It's an attacking defense.

You and I look at it and say "where's the defense in the defense?"

But that's just it. It's not a defense. It's an attack.

Originally posted by ZOD
It's an attacking defense.

You and I look at it and say "where's the defense in the defense?"

But that's just it. It's not a defense. It's an attack.
Then this is without a doubt LeBeau's influence...think about it, we have a very weak pass rush, so this compensates, and plays to our strengths...maybe I'm just lost...what do you think about it?

No, it's not Lebeau's. It's GW's.

The old staff at Tennessee got sold on this defense along time ago by a master Buddy Ryan. (I feel like we're talking budhism now)

He's got a video out on the Defense. Hang on and I'll post a link.

check it out.

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,COC-FBV-33295.html

You're right about Lebeau and the zone blitz but he did it mostly out of the 4-3 or 3-4.

Hell, all the 4-6 is basically is one blitz after another. The only problem for offenses is that you don't know who is coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ZOD
No, it's not Lebeau's. It's GW's.

The old staff at Tennessee got sold on this defense along time ago by a master (not creator) Buddy Ryan. (I feel like we're talking budhism now)

He's got a video out on the Defense. Hang on and I'll post a link.

check it out.

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,COC-FBV-33295.html

You're right about Lebeau and the zone blitz but he did it mostly out of the 4-3 or 3-4.

Hell, all the 4-6 is basically is one blitz after another. The only problem for offenses is that you don't know who is coming.
damn..you're right on the money...GW is it....kind of exciting though don't you think?....I was correct in my assessment about it compensating for the pass rush though...atleast that's my view...I appreciate the info ZOD, this actually makes me more eager to watch our D...I hope we **** Brady up with this:)

oh man...this is perfect for Posey...most opposing fans think he's gonna take a step back, not being in the 3-4 in all, but this is for him....damn, our LB's are gonna rack up the fantasy #'s

That's why they acquired the athletic or speed guys at linebacker. I just don't know how Sam Adams fat azz fits into the scheme. :lol:

Can you picture Sam Adams on a stunt?

And actually their fantasy numbers are going to suffer. It's also why I didn't think the Middle Linebackers comparison in total tackles was fair.

Zach Thomas is the 4-3 dolphins defense. While London Fletcher may be just "on assignment" to use a phrase.

You do know where the 4-3 came from don't you?

Originally posted by ZOD
And actually their fantasy numbers are going to suffer. It's also why I didn't think the Middle Linebackers comparison in total tackles was fair.

Zach Thomas is the 4-3 dolphins defense. While London Fletcher may be just "on assignment" to use a phrase.

You do know where the 4-3 came from don't you?
no

Originally posted by ZOD
That's why they acquired the athletic or speed guys at linebacker. I just don't know how Sam Adams fat azz fits into the scheme. :lol:

Can you picture Sam Adams on a stunt?
:lol:
with our defense against the run next year, i wont argue it

Back
Top Bottom