Chiefs want Surtain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs want Surtain

finresurrection

2 Babes and a little paint, sweet!!!!
Reaction score
Yes, everyone knows the Chiefs and 'Phins have been talking trade for Surtain. But, based on KC's sudden surgence into FA, 2 signings in the last 2 days and a trip for Kevin Johnson looming, it is rather obvious what they are and have done.

By reaching agreement with Pat on a contract, they now know how much money they have available. and accordingly, are suddenly making signings. coincidence? I think not. they know how much room they will have with Pat on the roster and are now proceeding to spend their other available cash.

Pat to the Chiefs is looking more likely to me. Just need to outwait Peterson is all.

Not For A 3rd Or 4th Round Pick They Don't

finresurrection said:
Yes, everyone knows the Chiefs and 'Phins have been talking trade for Surtain. But, based on KC's sudden surgence into FA, 2 signings in the last 2 days and a trip for Kevin Johnson looming, it is rather obvious what they are and have done.

By reaching agreement with Pat on a contract, they now know how much money they have available. and accordingly, are suddenly making signings. coincidence? I think not. they know how much room they will have with Pat on the roster and are now proceeding to spend their other available cash.

Pat to the Chiefs is looking more likely to me. Just need to outwait Peterson is all.

Yea I think they are looking to see if Saban will blink. Good perspective man.

finresurrection said:

As much as I want to believe you, I won't believe it until I see it. Because it seems as if the Chiefs are the only serious suitor at this point (I don't think Chicago will give up a 2nd when they don't have a 3rd), it's going to be hard to see the Chiefs budge from their offer since they seem to have the leverage. Please be right!!!!

Do you think maybe Saban wants to keep the trade quite so he will make the trade when KC picks at 46 so we will be picking there instead of KC? That means no one would foresee us picking at the #46 position and draft according to who KC might be taking instead of who we might be taking. I know this may seem deep to think about, but If your trying to keep quite who you plan on taking and KC has already made plans around trading for Surtain by signing FA according to what they have left over from Surtain then this whole theroy makes sense. Wow, I have a headach now!!! :(

this is way off subject but willis29, your sig is freakin awesome. I had the pleasure to meet CC at a local Best Buy autograph session, and right away I fell in love with him (alright, stop snickering little 13 year olds) as a person, and a player. He even joked about the crappy picture that Best Buy had him signing. Well, anyway, like I said, way off subject, but seeing your that intensity up close and personal in your sig brought a "hell yea" to my mouth.

Willis29 is that from the monday night game?... Back to the topic. It would make sense thats what the chiefs are doing, but we really dont know

phinfan2003 said:
As much as I want to believe you, I won't believe it until I see it. Because it seems as if the Chiefs are the only serious suitor at this point (I don't think Chicago will give up a 2nd when they don't have a 3rd), it's going to be hard to see the Chiefs budge from their offer since they seem to have the leverage. Please be right!!!!

actually they DONT have the leverage...Saban does. We dont have to trade Surtain. He is still under contract and will fit under the cap. And, with only a couple of restructures/cuts we will be able to sign our rookies and stay under the cap as well.
So the situation is: Give us a second round pick and you can have one of the top 5 CBs in the league. Dont give us a 2nd and we will just keep him... which we kinda want to do anyway.

yankeehillbilly said:
actually they DONT have the leverage...Saban does. We dont have to trade Surtain. He is still under contract and will fit under the cap. And, with only a couple of restructures/cuts we will be able to sign our rookies and stay under the cap as well.
So the situation is: Give us a second round pick and you can have one of the top 5 CBs in the league. Dont give us a 2nd and we will just keep him... which we kinda want to do anyway.

Well put my friend. Not to mention there isn't tons of DB talent these days so they better take it while its there, how often does a PROVEN veteren come along? I want to see Pat stay as much as the next guy, he's one of my favs, but gotta do whats best for the team, and we could DEFINATELY use a 2nd round pick, *evil eye to Dave W*

finresurrection said:

I can very well see your point.......I hope this trade happens VERY soon, but I hope we get a 2nd rounder instead of a crappy 4th..

finresurrection said:

Nice point of view, I hope you are correct because as of today, KC agrees to terms with OT Barnett and agrees to a 1 year tender with LB Fujita. Seems like KC is spending a lot of maoney lately.

Its funny,

I remember when surtain was originally on the block and everyone here said they would take nothing less than a first. Then it became a 2nd & 4th. Now it seems everyone would be satisfied with a 2nd only.

feelthepain said:
Do you think maybe Saban wants to keep the trade quite so he will make the trade when KC picks at 46 so we will be picking there instead of KC? That means no one would foresee us picking at the #46 position and draft according to who KC might be taking instead of who we might be taking. I know this may seem deep to think about, but If your trying to keep quite who you plan on taking and KC has already made plans around trading for Surtain by signing FA according to what they have left over from Surtain then this whole theroy makes sense. Wow, I have a headach now!!! :(

I don't think so. Having that #46 pick in the bag will make drafting much easier. If we have that in hand, then maybe we take Braylon Edwards at #2, because we know we can get a RB with #46. If we don't have it in hand, we probably can't risk the trade not going through, and would be almost forced to pick Ronnie Brown.

Back
Top Bottom