chink in Pat' armor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

chink in Pat' armor

But he is nowhere the safety blanket Welker was, Welker had a great knack of being open when you needed him (there was a reason Brady was upset when Welker left), and then there is the dependability issue....will Amendola last a whole year with any major injury issue. Going from Welker to Amendola may not be as easy as some may think, then again the QB is Brady, so the growing pains may not be as painful as they could be.
On the same token, Welker has been hurt a lot lately too. Like I said, Welker is way more dangerous in the slot, but Amendola is still a really good slot WR as well as being able to play pretty well at other WR positions.

He won 1 Superbowl, on a team that did not have the defense those Patriots team had, and again, it was the game plan with that talent that helped win those superbowls. A great QB, a defense that rarely made a mistake, but would make you pay when/if you made one, and probably the best pressure Kicker ever.

If Welker had been on those teams, they would have been a pretty dangerous offense, because Brady would have had a very good go to receiver, instead of so ok to good receivers.

I don't want to turn this into another Brady-Manning debate but manning's Ds have allowed less pts per game in postseason than Bradys. The pats D nearly choked away 2 SBs until; Brady rescued them as he rescued the sinking ship of a franchise.

defense that rarely made a mistake? you may want to go back and watch those overrated Ds during the dynasty years.

I'll take Troy Brown over Welker any day. #s are great but it's about more than #s.

Look....The Pats have to replace 14 receiving TDs, 123 first downs and 256 catches. That was reported by Pat Kirwan BEFORE Hernandez decided to pretend he was Albert Anastasia ( Famed Mafia hit man and leader of the infamous Murder Inc........For those that didn't get the reference). I know it's Brady...... But that's a lot of production that has to be replaced. I honestly don't see how the Patriots are even near what they were last year.

Look....The Pats have to replace 14 receiving TDs, 123 first downs and 256 catches. That was reported by Pat Kirwan BEFORE Hernandez decided to pretend he was Albert Anastasia ( Famed Mafia hit man and leader of the infamous Murder Inc........For those that didn't get the reference). I know it's Brady...... But that's a lot of production that has to be replaced. I honestly don't see how the Patriots are even near what they were last year.

I hope they suck, I will believe it when I see it. people forget they have been getting better on D so maybe they won't rely upon the O as much plus they have a good RB now so maybe they run more? who knows but I will believe it when I see it as far as them falling back.

On the same token, Welker has been hurt a lot lately too. Like I said, Welker is way more dangerous in the slot, but Amendola is still a really good slot WR as well as being able to play pretty well at other WR positions.

Amendola is a very talented receiver, obviously I would love to have him in Miami if it was possible, but he just never impressed me as much as Welker did. I just don't think he will be nearly as big a thorn as Welker was against us.....guess we will see soon enough, because with all the issues going on in NE, they're going to use him quite a bit very early on.

I don't want to turn this into another Brady-Manning debate but manning's Ds have allowed less pts per game in postseason than Bradys. The pats D nearly choked away 2 SBs until; Brady rescued them as he rescued the sinking ship of a franchise.

defense that rarely made a mistake? you may want to go back and watch those overrated Ds during the dynasty years.

I'll take Troy Brown over Welker any day. #s are great but it's about more than #s.

It's very obvious we have different memories of what type of defenses those Patriots had, so please be my guess and take a little time to remind yourself of how many mistakes that defense made or in their case, did not make.

It's very obvious we have different memories of what type of defenses those Patriots had, so please be my guess and take a little time to remind yourself of how many mistakes that defense made or in their case, did not make.

blew historic 2 TD lead in 4th qtr of SB XXXVI
allowed 19 4th qtr pts in SB XXXVIII blowing double digit lead

That's 2 of their 3 SB wins

in the SB losses allowed GW TD drives in final minutes of BOTH SBs or they'd have 5 SB titles right now.

Tanchise was the originator of this thread now it says uk_dolfan is????

Think the goverment is taking over finheaven :ponder:

I hope they suck, I will believe it when I see it. people forget they have been getting better on D so maybe they won't rely upon the O as much plus they have a good RB now so maybe they run more? who knows but I will believe it when I see it as far as them falling back.

So....You think they're gonna win 12 games this year? Or even 11?? I just don't see it. I'm not saying they're gonna be 2 - 14..... But I can't make a case for even 10 wins. Please make a case for them being as good as they were last year. They have lost a ton of production and haven't replaced them with anyone of any significance. From what I see the Patriots are a 8 - 10 win team and that's if Brady and Amendola are on the same page in Game 1. As a matter of fact...... I am betting on Buffalo to beat the Pats in week 1.

blew historic 2 TD lead in 4th qtr of SB XXXVI
allowed 19 4th qtr pts in SB XXXVIII blowing double digit lead

That's 2 of their 3 SB wins

in the SB losses allowed GW TD drives in final minutes of BOTH SBs or they'd have 5 SB titles right now.

Defense give up leads, even great one (The Patriot defense was neither great nor very talented) when I say mistakes, I mean, they rarely made stupid penalties, were out of position on a tackle, dropped INTs thrown right at them, they played smart mistake free football, they rarely shot themselves in the foot...do you think it was by luck in those years, they played such close games?

That type of Patriots defense has not been around for the last 3-4 years.

Tanchise was the originator of this thread now it says uk_dolfan is????

Think the goverment is taking over finheaven :ponder:

Unless they are the same person with 2 usernames, and he made a mistake...

I don't care if you have Belicheat as your HC and Brady at QB - losing Welker, injured Gronk, and this Hernandez mess won't do your team any favors. Add in a poor draft and it is obvious that the Pats aren't what they were and there is a big chink in the armor.

Unless they are the same person with 2 usernames, and he made a mistake...

I'm afraid not,original post got split up by big brother.UK_dolfan was the second person commenting in OP,not thread starter.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?340305-chink-in-Pat-armor

chink in Pat' armorI know I'm being optimistic, however, after a "Dream Team" offseason (sarcasm), combine that with some issues with The Pats, and division is in better shape than it was, clearly a year ago: 1. Brady is a year older. 2. Losing Welker 3. Gronk can't stay healthy 4. Tebow distractions 5. and now Hernandez and what effect the homicide will have. If Pats play with one or none of the TE's, the entire complexity of that team changes offensively, and exponentially w/o Welker.

So....You think they're gonna win 12 games this year? Or even 11?? I just don't see it. I'm not saying they're gonna be 2 - 14..... But I can't make a case for even 10 wins. Please make a case for them being as good as they were last year. They have lost a ton of production and haven't replaced them with anyone of any significance. From what I see the Patriots are a 8 - 10 win team and that's if Brady and Amendola are on the same page in Game 1. As a matter of fact...... I am betting on Buffalo to beat the Pats in week 1.

Yes, I would expect 12 wins. Again, I HOPE I am wrong but until I see it happen I won't believe it.

Better defense, younger guys have more experience, strengthened safety spot.

Tom Brady, any team w/ Brady is a threat to win 12-14 games

Good run game

I dislike Belichick but he's pretty good

I love the Amendola pick up

gronk will be back.

I think that is more than enough of a case for them.

Defense give up leads, even great one (The Patriot defense was neither great nor very talented) when I say mistakes, I mean, they rarely made stupid penalties, were out of position on a tackle, dropped INTs thrown right at them, they played smart mistake free football, they rarely shot themselves in the foot...do you think it was by luck in those years, they played such close games?

That type of Patriots defense has not been around for the last 3-4 years.

Consistently in the biggest games? Not great D's. NE won b/c of Brady and the O, the D was good enough just like Indy's was but their O couldn't play in big games.

Back
Top Bottom