Chop | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

There is an argument he was the BPA in the Miami draft room.

Chop Robenson is a FREAK, like he's gonna blow by ppl and if he develops a spin move or a good swim move were talking potential Dwight Freeny level player here.
No arguments here at all. My argument as I mentioned is BPA [FOR US] was a luxury we can't afford. We aren't solid at all positions where we can look to future. We've missed the past few years of 1st round picks, we don't have a stable of talent on low salary, we don't have talent backing up talent.

What we have is current talent supplemented with FA hoping for dear.life we can hold the line for a year to draft again to fix it. But what happens that next year when we don't fix it? All year it was OL is complete sh*t. You were one of the ones with the megaphone about this so it's comical that after the last year you sit here supporting a BPA strategy. 🤷‍♂️

There is an argument he was the BPA in the Miami draft room.

Chop Robenson is a FREAK, like he's gonna blow by ppl and if he develops a spin move or a good swim move were talking potential Dwight Freeny level player here.
i think he sets the edge very well too, so its not like hes just a pass rusher, he holds his ground with good low leverage, extends his hands to hold the lineman and forces contain inside…a lot.

Last edited:
I think it's worth pointing out that while Chop is raw he uses his hands very well. He needs to get more consistent with it, but he's not a guy that is solely relying on his athleticism to win.

Also, he's a much better run defender than given credit for
exactly, just posted below about his run defense, before i saw this..

I say we double down on the DL and get one of these DTs.

Why Will tackles put him in the ground? He’s got great size. A lot of his biggest plays were made rushing up the middle. He can line up anywhere. He’s not some tweener.

Do you really think Anthony Weaver didn’t sign off on this guy? He’s probably licking his chops, no pun intended.

He was first team all Big 10 despite his “stats”. That tells you something.
Love to continue the discussion tomorrow brotha, phones dying and it's getting late. Check back in later.

This is supposed by his pff grades finishing 3rd and 4th highest graded pass rusher in the country the last two years
View attachment 169527
this tells me a lot, tells me PFF is watching if he wins his one on one or double and how he disrupts the run or pass..thats how they grade a win, not by sacks.

Last edited:
Another one of Grier's Igbinoghene picks. I can't for the life of me understand this idiot's thought process! To say that ESPN was lukewarm on this pick would be an unbelievable reach. I don't get it, with the CB from Toledo and AL available and the OL still sitting there and he goes for a project edge rusher is inexcusable for a team in win now mode. Don't tell me we are re-building because that ship has sailed and sunk. Good luck with the rest of the draft. :rolleyes:
ESPN is hardly the standard with their prognosticators and analysts. Their own grading system had him as the 20th best player in the draft (NFL had him at #10). Can't really say he was a "reach" per se...even if some of his positional grading was based on potential over elite stats.

I'm disappointed we didn't get a day 1 starter on the OL myself...and I'm really tired of this organization's belief in making miracles happen with a sub-standard OL...they haven't shown they can.

But Chop is a Dolphin, and I hope he becomes an edge MONSTER...he wasn't a reach...Grier just had different priorities (as usual). We should be used to this by now.

No arguments here at all. My argument as I mentioned is BPA [FOR US] was a luxury we can't afford. We aren't solid at all positions where we can look to future. We've missed the past few years of 1st round picks, we don't have a stable of talent on low salary, we don't have talent backing up talent.

What we have is current talent supplemented with FA hoping for dear.life we can hold the line for a year to draft again to fix it. But what happens that next year when we don't fix it? All year it was OL is complete sh*t. You were one of the ones with the megaphone about this so it's comical that after the last year you sit here supporting a BPA strategy. 🤷‍♂️

For me personally, Chop was a top 15 player in the draft. Thought so since October. Did I think we would take him? No. Would I have taken him? I'd probably have taken Graham Barton or even Johnny Newton (whose still available) but I absolutely think he's an insane talent.

Now again, things can/will change drastically but there are still some very good IOL available. After the top 4 Edge rushers to me the only one I'd take a chance on is Mohammad Kamara whose a late day 2/early day 3 guy.

Now with that being said, I'd be stunned if we don't take a WR tomorrow... of course I also think it's a foregone conclusion Dalton Risner will be a Dolphin after the draft

Since Chop vs Michigan is a topic of conversation. Here are his snaps vs Michigan.

Gets doubled on about half the plays and when he’s not doubled vs the pass almost instant disruption. Most of the time runs came away from him when lined up on one edge.

Anybody making the Harris comparison is just admitting they never watched Chop play. Harris was criticized for being the least athletic 1st round pick taken that year while Chop is considered a freak athlete. Harris was a guy considered a safe pick while Chop is considered a high upside pick. Harris had relatively polished hand use while Chop is considered a weakness. I guess neither on is/was considered good against the run.

These picks are not similar. He wasn't my first choice, but these posts calling him a Harris clone are ridiculous.
rafs, watch this tape against a well coached oline and tell me this kid is not a freakin animal?

Back
Top Bottom