Chop | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

For those saying this is Charles Harris 2.0, you’re very far off. This guy is an athletic freak with lots of explosiveness. He depends on his speed, he will definitely need to work on his hand game and add a few moves. B Belichik had him at 20 on his big board, few other sources had him around there too. Good pick, BPA and a position of need. You cant tell me we already have Chubb and Phillips, but who do we have beyond that. Barrett is a shell of who he used to be.

I’ve never been fond of drafting a G in the first round, you can find value there day 2. I would have preferred one of those good tackles taken before us, someone we could plug in at G and eventually be Armsteads replacement. But those guys were long gone and this wasn’t a bad pick.
So he's not Charles Harris........he's Dion Jordan!

Happy Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

My gut tells me if Troy Fautanu wasn't selected the pick before they would've taken him, but Chop was the next option.

Chop's bend and athleticism is elite at the position. I also thought of Cam Wake as a comp, but Wake's bend and power was off the charts once he put it all together after a few years. Hopefully Chop can emulate the same.

Not excited about this one...but as I said in another post, this organization loves to try and get by with a weak OL...trend continues.
McDaniel loves speed; he wants Tua to get rid of the ball quickly to speedy weapons, which means that a dominant o-line is not as important to him as it is to teams who run a "normal" offense. And, in a sad way, this means that Grier is the perfect GM for McDaniel because he is unable to build a strong o-line.

Love the pick. I watched about half of his games. He consitently wins his battles. Nevermind the stats, he was productive and impactful. Hes also pretty decent in coverage - I dont think hes just a situational guy. He'll need to change how he plays in the NFL, he was in a four point stance a lot in college and didnt stand up too much. He's also is obsessed with wathcing game tapes, definitely a hard worker and marture person that's commited to football.

Plus, there was a clip where he was excited to be going to Miami.

Bro I know YOU of all people on this board ain’t talking down to somebody else about critiquing this team.

I don’t need credentials to give an opinion and last I checked… we haven’t sniffed a Super Bowl since 1984 so where are Griers credentials?

And again… YOU of ALL people on this board ain’t got no room to be questioning somebody else critique of this team.

This is the biggest example I’ve ever seen of the pot calling the kettle black.
Right

You offered no analysis just your hatred for the pick
How easy it that

You and no one else on this board know these players and what they’ll turn into bust or success

But just to put things into perspective. We lost our four pass rushers to injuries and FA. So I think the pick made some sort of sense
Duh

Back
Top Bottom