Chop | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

I think in Miami the term offensive is defined as derogatory instead of assaulting therefore whats offensive about a Miami Dolphins offensive line is that it's offensive how terribly they are constructed.

We needed OL not just to hit on a solid contributor this year but for the future.

This is why I no longer dedicate my time to the offseason. Every year it's the same bullsh!t stress & we won't even know a solitary truth till game day anyway.

Other factor is that EDGE guys are getting more and more expensive. We have a financial decision to make with Phillips.

I didn’t love the pick at the time but I’ve warmed on it. Start him situationally and develop him and IF it works, you have a stud.

He’s barely 21 too.

As much as I’d love an OG in round 2, we could be adding more front 7 help.

With all those DTs out there, might make sense to flood the DL with talent.
I agree, guard is not a foregone conclusion. Think the FO believes they can pick up a FA veteran guard once we have some $$ post June 1. Could see WR, TE or DL here at #55. Really would like to pick up another pick in the top 100 whether by trade down or trade of future asset. Our 4 late round picks aren't likely to amount to much, the draft gets very thin after the first 125 picks or so and I saw some report the 49ers only grade like 170-175 players as even draftable.

Other factor is that EDGE guys are getting more and more expensive. We have a financial decision to make with Phillips.

I didn’t love the pick at the time but I’ve warmed on it. Start him situationally and develop him and IF it works, you have a stud.

He’s barely 21 too.
Kind of how feel too. We also have to come to terms that the Chubb trade is a bit of a huge bust. Gonna be time to move on soon and Chop might get some early season reps with the injuries.

Where are your GM credentials?
Bro I know YOU of all people on this board ain’t talking down to somebody else about critiquing this team.

I don’t need credentials to give an opinion and last I checked… we haven’t sniffed a Super Bowl since 1984 so where are Griers credentials?

And again… YOU of ALL people on this board ain’t got no room to be questioning somebody else critique of this team.

This is the biggest example I’ve ever seen of the pot calling the kettle black.

Let me be the first to demand that every time Chop gets a sack, every fan in attendance immediately gives the person next to him a Ric Flair chop to the chest.

Also, shame on this site for having a ton of gifs of Ric Flair, but none of him chopping anybody.

I agree, guard is not a foregone conclusion. Think the FO believes they can pick up a FA veteran guard once we have some $$ post June 1. Could see WR, TE or DL here at #55. Really would like to pick up another pick in the top 100 whether by trade down or trade of future asset. Our 4 late round picks aren't likely to amount to much, the draft gets very thin after the first 125 picks or so and I saw some report the 49ers only grade like 170-175 players as even draftable.

I hear ya although I don’t expect a WR today, I expect to sign Odell Beckham next week. TE is definitely a possibility. Sinnott and Sanders have NFL athleticism.

Im all for move pick 158 and a 3rd rounder next year to get in that 95-110 range.

I am still hoping to draft the Stanford kicker late so we can at least get some value out one of those picks that are so unlikely to have an impact otherwise.

He can rush the passer. He has a good first step. But when it doesn’t work he rarely recovers. Can’t say I’m thrilled when we draft a guy who had 60 tackles and 11.5 sacks in 3 college seasons with Barton/JPJ, Mitchell and Thomas available. He has a crazy amount of upside, but his floor is bagging groceries in a few years.
I just read this in my local newspaper about Chop:

"Freaky quickness off the line, but was more disruptive than dominant as he failed to finish plays. Had 11 1/2 sacks and 60 total tackles in three years."

I have been skeptical of Robinson for the entire Draft process but i can see why Miami liked him.

His physical tools are off the scale so they just need to coach him up.

Give this kid a few pass rush moves to go with his athletic ability and he could blow up.

I am going to assume that he was just too high on their board to pass on and I am always going to defend trusting your board and investing in premium positions early.

The only issue is that the team seems to be in a winning window and a shorter term move might have been the better play.

While it has been pointed out that Miami needs pass rush due to the injuries to Chubb and Phillips, Robinson is very unlikely to be ready to contribute early in his career.

He might well be the best pass rusher in this class eventually but I can't see him being more than a 3rd down DPR as a rookie.

How did the #1 offense do against good teams last year? They stunk and a big reason for that was their o-line couldn't hold up against those teams.
That's debatable. @ Baltimore and @ Buffalo were awful losses. Every other game we had more than enough opportunity to get it done, hard to pin it on the offensive line as a big reason.

That's debatable. @ Baltimore and @ Buffalo were awful losses. Every other game we had more than enough opportunity to get it done, hard to pin it on the offensive line as a big reason.
The bottom line is they didn't score enough points in those games to get it done.

the PFF grade contradicts the sack number and so does the tape..

Anyone can see how’s he’s disrupting the timing of the offense without getting numbers..I can also see wbs changing their tempo because of him
I agree. Anybody complaining about production is basing it on totals and not looking at film.

As much as I’d love an OG in round 2, we could be adding more front 7 help.

With all those DTs out there, might make sense to flood the DL with talent.
From my perspective, this makes sense. IMO, Grier is unable to build a dominant o-line, and McDaniel doesn't seem to care about having a strong o-line as he's too concerned with getting rid of the ball quickly to speedy offensive weapons. This style of offense let them win against bad teams, but the top teams with good defenses held Miami's offense in check.

If McDaniel is dead-set on continuing his style of offense and not emphasizing improving the o-line, then they'll continue to lose to the top teams. However, if the top teams' defenses keep limiting Miami's scoring, then the best chance of winning is to improve the defense and try to limit the scoring by those top teams. Personally, I didn't like Fangio and his style of defense, so I'm hoping that the new DC Weaver will do a better job.

Back
Top Bottom