Chop | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

This pick feels more like the Noah Igbinoghene pick to me. Looks the part but did not really put it on tape consistently. I hope I am wrong, but this seams like a bit of a stretch to me in the first round when we have other areas of need and there were players there to fill them.

My concern the entire offseason has been what we do when half our OL is injured and Hill and/or Waddle are out. These are real concerns based on what has happened the past 2 seasons.

I had no problem with Robinson as a day 2 prospect. But I simply don’t see his fit this season when Chubb and Phillips are healthy and we have a very similar player in Barrett (role wise). It’s the type of pick you make when you have the luxury of a roster with no holes.

I want Chop to be an All-Pro player and retire in Miami. I want all the guys we draft to succeed. But it will kill me if injuries derail our offense and we limp into a wild card exit for the third year in a row.
We do the same thing we did last year, put someone else in and still have the #1 offense.

The OP said Chop was bound to get snaps because we had nobody else. I was just pointing out that we have Tindall who has 2 years more NFL experience, and nominally plays the same position OLB. It was tongue in cheek, but I really do wish Tindall would become something useful.

Something was off with the way some of our defensive players were kept off the field last year.

I'm not counting any of them out yet.

I think it was a problem with the OC.

We do the same thing we did last year, put someone else in and still have the #1 offense.
How did the #1 offense do against good teams last year? They stunk and a big reason for that was their o-line couldn't hold up against those teams.

I don't hate the pick, but I really wanted an O Lineman. But once Pittsburgh poached Fountana, it didn't make sense to go with any of the remaining OL in that spot. Let's hope we can find something later on in the draft. When the O Line fell apart last year, the team fell apart.

Do you see Chop and Hunter as similar players?

I’ll add imvho CHOP is looking kinda maxed out on weight rn and maybe should slim down a bit while Hunter had 3-4 inches to gain 30lbs.
Nobody is saying they’re similar players. The point is that college production does not mean **** in predicting NFL production. Charles Harris was a more productive college player than Danielle Hunter or Leonard Floyd or Nick Bosa. How’d that work out for him?

Do you see Chop and Hunter as similar players?

I’ll add imvho CHOP is looking kinda maxed out on weight rn and maybe should slim down a bit while Hunter had 3-4 inches to gain 30lbs.

I do not, but they are similar in terms of being physically gifted Edges, who were better pass rushers than their Sacks indicate. Robinson is a better pass rusher than Hunter was coming out. Hunter was better vs the run.

Robinson is faster/more explosive.

How did the #1 offense do against good teams last year? They stunk and a big reason for that was their o-line couldn't hold up against those teams.
IMO this is actually wrong, though it’s a common belief.

Our offense fell apart because Tyreek and Waddle got hurt, and nobody else could get open. Not because of our OL. Our offense is designed to get the ball out fast. You can’t get the ball out fast when you’re throwing to Ced Wilson and Durham Smythe and Tyreek Hill on one leg.

Our offense fell apart because Tyreek and Waddle got hurt, and nobody else could get open. Not because of our OL. Our offense is designed to get the ball out fast. You can’t get the ball out fast when you’re throwing to Ced Wilson and Durham Smythe and Tyreek Hill on one leg.

I agree and disagree. I think it was both. When the o-line fell apart, the team fell apart. But also, our offense was way too one dimensional. When teams were able to stop our speed, we couldn't adjust and show them a legitimate Plan B. That's why I'm hoping we add a legit possession receiver and a RB that can wear out a defense and slow the game down. Our offense desperately needs both.

If we go into this season with the same one dimensional offense that we had last season, we'll have last season's results at best.

The range of comparisons from Charles Harris to Cam Wake are off the rails! Only time will tell to coin a bad cliche, but I would not be surprised if the "Chop" which is uttered derisively today becomes an affectionate affectation in a year or two

Nobody is saying they’re similar players. The point is that college production does not mean **** in predicting NFL production. Charles Harris was a more productive college player than Danielle Hunter or Leonard Floyd or Nick Bosa. How’d that work out for him?
YES!!!

micah ad the same age as chop had 5 sacks in college. Why is nobody talking about that. Why would we not use him in the same way as Micah or Van Noy in Baltimore and blitiz him from all over.

I don’t disagree with the gist of what you’re saying but to me it’s a random comparison and a bit of an outlier comparison make at the PC

The range of comparisons from Charles Harris to Cam Wake are off the rails! Only time will tell to coin a bad cliche, but I would not be surprised if the "Chop" which is uttered derisively today becomes an affectionate affectation in a year or two
They said he was named pork chop because of how big he was at birth, then showed him with his family when he got the call.

I shouldn't have been surprised at how "big" the adults in his family were. - LOL

Tyreek and Waddle weren't hurt in the beginning of the season when they struggled to score against the Bills, Eagles, and Chiefs though. They got manhandled up front in those games because they struggle against physical defenses. Until that changes they will never be a true Super Bowl contender.

Back
Top Bottom