Chris Benoit and his family found dead. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Benoit and his family found dead.

Don't really know why they did that whole rememberence for him :shakeno:

Hell I don't even remember Owen Hart getting something like that. I just remember him getting the 20 bell salute or whatever its called.

Hell I don't even remember Owen Hart getting something like that. I just remember him getting the 20 bell salute or whatever its called.

The tribute for Owen was nothing like last nights for Benoit. Owen died doing his job in a fatal accident. Benoit is a scum bag murderer who didn't deserve a memorial. Owen deserved something like that.

That company is ran by a complete scumbag irrespective of why the wrestler killed his family. The whole thing should be shut down. He built a fortune off making people take illigal drugs. Therefore anything gained in the process should be turned over IMO. The man had no care at all what happened to his employees so long as he made money. He should be in prison not on easy street.
You don't like wrestling, then don't watch...The government has no business "shutting down" a company just cause you don't like it...

That company is ran by a complete scumbag irrespective of why the wrestler killed his family. The whole thing should be shut down. He built a fortune off making people take illigal drugs. Therefore anything gained in the process should be turned over IMO. The man had no care at all what happened to his employees so long as he made money. He should be in prison not on easy street.

Okay, we get it, you don't like wrestling. Fact is, Vince had nothing to do with this. This lies on Benoit and Benoit only. A huge tragedy has rocked this industry to its core. An industry, I grew up in (my uncle was a pro wrestler as was I) and an industry that can't seem to get out of its own way at times.

However, no one hear needs to be constantly reminded of what your stance on Vince McMahon is. You don't like him. We get it.

I will cut them a break here so long as they werent aware that he killed his family at the time the WWE made the decision to do a tribute show. When I heard they continued a pay per view show some years back after one of their guys died during a stunt in the show I found that disgusting. There was no reason they couldnt have refunded everyones tickets and did the rest of the show on the regular cable tv monday night show for free for everyone and kept the rest of the storylines. I dont understand how they could even suggest some of that guys friends go out there and perform in the very ring where the guy died. Then I think they ducked behind saying all of the wrestlers wanted the show to go on. They shouldnt have put them in the position of having a "choice". Im sure some felt they had to go along with whatever the company wanted to do. The show shouldve been cancelled, all money refunded, and perform the show and matches on the monday night show instead. WWE is one of the most disgraceful businesses in the country. How anyone gives a dime to it baffles me.

You don't like wrestling, then don't watch...The government has no business "shutting down" a company just cause you don't like it...

It has nothing to do with the fact I dont like it and everything to do with he built the company in the 80's while forcing employees to take illegal drugs. I dont like the WNBA but im not suggesting it should be shut down. Its america and anyone who runs a company legally should be aloud to do business.

I will cut them a break here so long as they werent aware that he killed his family at the time the WWE made the decision to do a tribute show. When I heard they continued a pay per view show some years back after one of their guys died during a stunt in the show I found that disgusting. There was no reason they couldnt have refunded everyones tickets and did the rest of the show on the regular cable tv monday night show for free for everyone and kept the rest of the storylines. I dont understand how they could even suggest some of that guys friends go out there and perform in the very ring where the guy died. Then I think they ducked behind saying all of the wrestlers wanted the show to go on. They shouldnt have put them in the position of having a "choice". Im sure some felt they had to go along with whatever the company wanted to do. The show shouldve been cancelled, all money refunded, and perform the show and matches on the monday night show instead. WWE is one of the most disgraceful businesses in the country. How anyone gives a dime to it baffles me.

When Owen died, it was unexpected and in the midst of a PPV. They rushed him off as fast as possible, but just about everyone knew he was dead. The show did go on and that, was probably a bad decision.

However, you are mistaken about the next night. The wrestlers came out, they held a moment of silence, they told stories about Owen all night long and held matches in honor of Owen. No storylines were advanced or created. They did this for the better part of a week and continued it onto the next live show.

Friends of Owen's were allowed to go home if they wanted for the Monday. Most chose to stay out of respect for Owen, but mostly because they had no where else to go to mourn properly. Flights to their homes would have left them alone for hours and they had a built in support group with their fellow wrestlers and road agents.

Owen's death was shocking as anything and mistakes were made, but honestly, who knew exactly what to do when that happened? Everyone was in a state of shock and grief.

Okay, we get it, you don't like wrestling. Fact is, Vince had nothing to do with this. This lies on Benoit and Benoit only. A huge tragedy has rocked this industry to its core. An industry, I grew up in (my uncle was a pro wrestler as was I) and an industry that can't seem to get out of its own way at times.

However, no one hear needs to be constantly reminded of what your stance on Vince McMahon is. You don't like him. We get it.

It is certainly possible that the wrestling business in no way contributed to this horrible tragedy. Im not saying that it absolutely did. Im just saying McMahon should have all of his money taken and company shut down. An investigation should be done to find anything he has done criminally and if so he should be in prison. No one should be allowed to profit by forcing employees to take illegal drugs. If it turns up that steroids played a role in this guy murdering a woman and child then an investigation should take place to see if the company ever aided him in getting steroids or encouraged him to take steroids. If that is found to be true then McMahon should be brought to trial for 2nd degree murder due to depraved indifference.

Again, the WWE did a the Benoit show BEFORE they found out about the murder suicide. Once they found out they took everything about him off of their website, pulled his toys, shirts etc from their online store and are apparently pulling his DVD out of stores.

It has nothing to do with the fact I dont like it and everything to do with he built the company in the 80's while forcing employees to take illegal drugs. I dont like the WNBA but im not suggesting it should be shut down. Its america and anyone who runs a company legally should be aloud to do business.

You are talking about alleged claims from the 80's. It has nothing to do with Chris Benoit or even the current state of how WWE does business.

wow, just wow. First I was shocked by the death of him and his family and now I'm even more shocked with this latest news. The senator leading the steroid investigation in MLB needs to turn his attention towards WWE. There have been more deaths in WWE under very shady management by Vince. Its idiotic that some wrestling fans are still supporting Benoit. Its utterly disgraceful what he did.

When Owen died, it was unexpected and in the midst of a PPV. They rushed him off as fast as possible, but just about everyone knew he was dead. The show did go on and that, was probably a bad decision.

However, you are mistaken about the next night. The wrestlers came out, they held a moment of silence, they told stories about Owen all night long and held matches in honor of Owen. No storylines were advanced or created. They did this for the better part of a week and continued it onto the next live show.

Friends of Owen's were allowed to go home if they wanted for the Monday. Most chose to stay out of respect for Owen, but mostly because they had no where else to go to mourn properly. Flights to their homes would have left them alone for hours and they had a built in support group with their fellow wrestlers and road agents.

Owen's death was shocking as anything and mistakes were made, but honestly, who knew exactly what to do when that happened? Everyone was in a state of shock and grief.

I heard they did that I just suggested the show they had planned for the PPV shouldve been done that night or at a later time while mixing in tributes to the guy. How was I wrong about the monday night show? I never said they didnt do what you said there.

I thought it would be a given thing to stop the show out of decency. I was shocked that going on with the show was even a consideration. Even more shocked when thats what they chose to do. Disgrace.

It is certainly possible that the wrestling business in no way contributed to this horrible tragedy. Im not saying that it absolutely did. Im just saying McMahon should have all of his money taken and company shut down. An investigation should be done to find anything he has done criminally and if so he should be in prison. No one should be allowed to profit by forcing employees to take illegal drugs. If it turns up that steroids played a role in this guy murdering a woman and child then an investigation should take place to see if the company ever aided him in getting steroids or encouraged him to take steroids. If that is found to be true then McMahon should be brought to trial for 2nd degree murder due to depraved indifference.

McMahon went to trial in the early 90's for apparently selling/suppling steriods to wrestlers. He was found not guilty. I think you should do some research before you drag the guy down. Is McMahon perfect? Far from it but he had nothing to do with Benoit's actions.

As far as his company should be shut down etc, give me a break.

You do understand that you need probable cause to even start an investigation right?

If roids were involved with Chris Benoit and this tragedy, you still can't go after McMahon or even start an investigation without having sufficient evidence.

The fact of the matter is, Benoit and others have their means of getting drugs, legal or otherwise outside of the WWE. Quit trying to blame McMahon for this in any way shape or form. He has nothing to do with this.

Benoit strangled his wife and suffocated his 7 year old boy before hanging himself. He, and he alone is who is responsible for this.

Quit dragging McMahon through the mud on this one.

Back
Top Bottom