Chris Brooks Brings a Different Style to Miami’s Running Back Room | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Brooks Brings a Different Style to Miami’s Running Back Room

Not sure that stat line is relevant.

We didn't use any of our backs as pass catchers in any real volume last year. Hopefully that increases this year, but the reality is when you have a pair of monster wideouts that can motion and shift to get into their routes all over the field, they are going to get the lions share of the targets, regardless.

If your point is that there are better options for designed passes to backs, I would agree. That doesn't mean he doesn't fit the offense. He is very good as a runner in zone blocking schemes. Not every back is.
Just like Gesicki, having Wilson in the game is a huge tell. You know he is either running or blocking. And I'm not sure I would categorize him as "very good" as a runner either. I would say he is solid at best. Certainly not good enough or dangerous enough to cut younger backs with more potential.

Just like Gesicki, having Wilson in the game is a huge tell. You know he is either running or blocking. And I'm not sure I would categorize him as "very good" as a runner either. I would say he is solid at best. Certainly not good enough or dangerous enough to cut younger backs with more potential.

Like I've been saying in the other thread, Wilson is ordinary. His career stats back up that statement. If he were cut\traded\retired\captured by aliens, we wouldn't miss him at all. Not even a little bit.

Only way we roster 5 backs is if you count the FB, and even then it's questionable.

If you do that, by definition you are stealing depth from another position.
I’m thinking we will only carry 3 TEs this year

Awesome scrimmage guy running back.. I hope he works out for us .
🐻

Back
Top Bottom