Chris Brooks Brings a Different Style to Miami’s Running Back Room | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Brooks Brings a Different Style to Miami’s Running Back Room

Mostert 31 and Wilson 28 might n't be on this team next year... Let Gaskin go . Keep Brooks... We need big back w SPD and power..

It's clear to me that the rookies are at the bottom of the depth chart. Yet, we'd like to keep them,
That's a problem.
Think of it this way. Rookies are like infants. You keep them for a little while before you get rid of them. Give them time to grow. Or did you get rid of your first born when he/she couldn't crawl the 40 in 4.2?

I think we are keeping 5 RBs. Gaskin is the odd man out IMO. Jeff Wilson is excellent - I don’t get the “cut him” calls
Only way we roster 5 backs is if you count the FB, and even then it's questionable.

If you do that, by definition you are stealing depth from another position.

Think of it this way. Rookies are like infants. You keep them for a little while before you get rid of them. Give them time to grow. Or did you get rid of your first born when he/she couldn't crawl the 40 in 4.2?

Mostert, Achane, Brooks, Ahmed

I know Ahmed had a good game running the ball over the weekend, but if I were Tua, the vision of Ahmed getting absolutely flattened while in pass protection would be keeping me awake at night. I would keep Gaskin over Ahmed.

Right now... if Achane is 100%, I've got it as

Wilson
Mostert
Achane

Then, if we keep a 4th back, I'd keep Brooks.

I'd waive both Ahmed and Gaskin and tell them to not leave town.

So a guy that had 13 receptions on 28 targets is a "great" fit for our offense?
Not sure that stat line is relevant.

We didn't use any of our backs as pass catchers in any real volume last year. Hopefully that increases this year, but the reality is when you have a pair of monster wideouts that can motion and shift to get into their routes all over the field, they are going to get the lions share of the targets, regardless.

If your point is that there are better options for designed passes to backs, I would agree. That doesn't mean he doesn't fit the offense. He is very good as a runner in zone blocking schemes. Not every back is.

Back
Top Bottom