Chris Brooks Brings a Different Style to Miami’s Running Back Room | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Brooks Brings a Different Style to Miami’s Running Back Room

I might be in the minority, but if I was making the final cuts, I'm trading/cutting Wilson and Gaskin. Nothing special about either of them. Time to let the young guys with potential develop.
Your almost using the same profile pics bro!! Lol. But seriously, I only like Gaskins for his blocking abilities in the pass game. Otherwise I'm with ya.

Salvon had a great run, but he was run down from behind. Only way Salvon makes sense on the roster is if Mostert or Achane get injured. Gaskin and Salvon lost their jobs the exact second Achane was drafted. Even a football idiot can see that Brooks and Achane look like a bright future.
Ahmed 8 carries 99 yards, 4 catches 32 yards and a TD

Brooks 11 carries 47 yards, 1 catch 18 yards and a TD

tough choice

Salvon had a great run, but he was run down from behind. Only way Salvon makes sense on the roster is if Mostert or Achane get injured. Gaskin and Salvon lost their jobs the exact second Achane was drafted. Even a football idiot can see that Brooks and Achane look like a bright future.

Largo would like to have a word with you

It's clear to me that the rookies are at the bottom of the depth chart. Yet, we'd like to keep them,
That's a problem.

It's clear to me that Gaskins had 49 yards last year and yet u wanna keep him?

Not necessarily. Two RBs we like we'll get cut. But he is better right now than Achane. Gaskin is a starter, Achane is not, yet.
The decision is basically a question of where are we going from here with the running backs?

Cam Smith and Achane are not at the bottom of the depth chart

Don’t be silly

Politically you are right. In reality, Gaskin is behind Wilson as the next man up, and Ahmed behind Mostert as the speed back next man up. And we are force fitting Achane into one of these roles. Politically.
We can force fit Brooks too. The problem is we lose some certainty at the position, and coaches like certainty that the vets like Gaskin and Ahmed provide. They know what they are getting. That's why it is bad that Achane went down, and Brooks needs to play this last game.

Last edited:
I’m very happy with Achane on a rookie contract on the 53 and gamble on any of Ahmed, Gaskin or Brooks not getting poached from the practice squad

Chris Brooks is only a month a half younger than Noah Igbinoghene.

Just thought that was funny.

I'm guessing being a BYU kid he did some kind of mission?

Definitely looks like a keeper. I can't see him going unclaimed if Miami attempts to sneak him on the practice squad.
While you can't see him going unclaimed, the reality is that all teams have this dilemma. Limited spots on the roster forcing a potential attempt to try stash a good prospect on the practice squad. I like Brooks' build but don't know a lot about his college career at BYU.

While you can't see him going unclaimed, the reality is that all teams have this dilemma. Limited spots on the roster forcing a potential attempt to try stash a good prospect on the practice squad. I like Brooks' build but don't know a lot about his college career at BYU.
That's fair. It gets tougher for the teams with more talent, which is where Miami's at.

To me, it's probably Brooks versus Gaskin. Gaskin kind of does everything decently, but I like the upside of Brooks.

That's fair. It gets tougher for the teams with more talent, which is where Miami's at.

To me, it's probably Brooks versus Gaskin. Gaskin kind of does everything decently, but I like the upside of Brooks.

Who would you keep in a 4 RB room?

Back
Top Bottom