Chris Grier: "i Didn't Expect Minkah To Be There. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier: "i Didn't Expect Minkah To Be There.

That's a very good point. We'll have to see at training camp and then game 1. But I have a feeling that play will be good.

I don't disagree with you. I am cautiously optimistic. I just want to see progress and see that the problems that have been "fixed" by young guys are actually fixed so that next year we are not "fixing" the same problems again.

- Improvement from Tunsil
- Improvement from Davis
- Solid play from James
- Solid play from Sitton and Kilgore (understanding that they will need to be replaced soon)
- I want to feel comfortable with the core of the receiving corps: Stills, Parker, Gesicki, and Wilson.
- Improvements by Harris
- Decent play from at least two of the DTs
- Healthy return by McMillan
- Healthy return by Branch
- Promising rookie year by Baker
- Promising rookie year by Fitzpatrick
- Decent play by at least some of the other LBs
- Improvements at CB (Howard and Tankersley settling in as a starting duo)
- McDonald settling into a roll

Not looking for all-stars at all of those positions, just not bottom of the league performance in a significant number of them.

For the first time in a long time, I want next offseason to be about fixing those things they knew were coming (e.g. future LG and C (in a season or two), another LB, DT). I don't want to be filling those positions AND replacing a significant number of Tunsil, James, Sitton, Kilgore, Phillips, Wilson, Tankersley, McDonald, Alonzo, Phillips, Quinn, and Wake.

Its not about saving the season, its about having some developmental talent somewhere on your roster at the most important position on the field.

You don’t know what you have in your building until you take the time to draft and work with the player. We don’t do that nearly enough.

I agree with you in principle. But realistically I only see 2 QBs they could've taken without overreaching: Rudolph and Falk. I don't think passing on those 2 guys warrants firing Gase and Grier if Tannehill goes down. A lot of teams were down on those guys. The phins did take Doughty in 2016 and tried to develop him for 2 years. Hopefully next year they're in a spot to grab a QB.

The Tunsil pick was getting rave reviews too. Time will tell.

Yeah, time will tell on Tunsil too. He did a great job as a guard, he is just trying to get adjusted to the NFL L-tackle position ...Not easy to do.

As soon as Cleveland chose Ward, I was like, "Awww sheeeiiit!"
Ha ha, yeah I was thinking that Minka is a better player than Ward, time will tell. I do like the Penn State TE as well and think the draft was pretty good overall. I just wish we could've landed a QB to back up Ryan T.

I think the Dolphins need an upgrade at offensive line coach, I mean look at all the high draft picks and the line continues to struggle.
That is true. I mean maybe this year we'll step up. When we have our staring OL a couple years ago we were amazing. That's what got us to the playoffs. And Tannehill:)

I didn't either...thought for sure he’d go no later than 8th.

Kiper had him #2 overall on his big board, Mayock had him #5.

We should all be thrilled.....steal!

Back
Top Bottom