Chris Grier: "i Didn't Expect Minkah To Be There. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier: "i Didn't Expect Minkah To Be There.

I'm not going to get into semantics with this. Dude suffered a knee injury in 2016 . . . did a full rehab . . . suffered an injury to the same previously injured but cleared knee in 2017 . . . and then had surgery . . . AND STILL has to rehab again and prove he can be the same QB he was prior to the first injury, from a movement and mental aspect . . . nearly 2 years ago.

Completely understand there being concern about this 30 year old guy going into year 7 with this recent injury baggage and potential franchise QBs are within reach. Just being realistic about it.

Tanny can shut all his doubters up by continuing where he left off in 2016 . . . but this front office is playing with fire because if he does get injured and you trot Brock Osweiller out on the field . . . they ALL need to be fired.

If you’re not going to get into semantics about it, then don’t. He hyperextended the knee that he injured. It was not a new injury.

Not treated properly in hindsight, but a treatment plan that was fully approved by the most reknown sports surgeon in the industry and a host full of doctors and team officials, and Ryan Tannehill himself.

When you do a full rehab and you knee is cleared with the statement that its as strong as its ever been after rehab and even people and coaches talking about his DNA being superhuman . . . . . and then you get hurt again . . . . saying its just one injury is very misleading. Again semantics. He had to do 2 FULL rehabilitations . . . so if you want to consider it "one injury" make sure you don't leave out that part of it.

And Gase absolutely loves Ryan Tannehill . . . he has been quoted saying how he has Ryan playing like a beast in mini camps and early training camp last year . . . you know, on the injured, I mean fixed, I mean injured but fixed knee. He has put the eggs in the Ryan Tannehill basket . . . but that is Adam Gase for you . . . its up to your GM/VP to insure themselves at the most important position in the field and they have failed from that aspect thus far . . . . even if it is "Adam Gase's" draft.

He definitely did do two rehabs. One pre-surgery, and one post. And it really is semantics...and at this point water under the bridge.

The thing with Osweiler is that he just looks like he flat out lost his confidence. At the end of the day its a good thing just to have a backup who knows the system, but I gave up dreaming that Osweiler could capture that flash in the pan magic. Lots of QB's have done well in their first few starts before teams figure them out and their confidence gets rattled. Osweiler was never particularly accurate even when he was doing well, so when he stopped being able to read the field as easily as teams figured him out, he just didn't have the tools.

Osweiler didn't look like a guy lacking confidence against the Colts last year. I think Osweiler is limited as a starter, especially a big dollar starter like the Texans thought he might be. But all backup qbs have flaws, that's why they're backups. If a qb was a clean as people seem to want Osweiler to be he wouldn't be here on a cheap back up deal. Team needs to do what teams like the Eagles did last year. Put the back up in a position to do what he does best as much as possible and the areas he struggles in try to avoid them as much as possible. He's not being asked to be Superman. Osweiler still needs to clean up somethings in his game, but again most backups have the same issue.

It's hard to believe that they have been so oblivious when it comes to a developmental QB beyond Fales - especially since surprisingly the Triad has been so responsive to our other needs.

I think they have their eye on a few possible high upside potential QBs that could well be released including Teddy in NY and Kelly in Denver among others. At least I hope they do.

Sure, we've all been around long enough to know that the book on any player, even a first rounder isn't written after the first year. But still...I saw Dion Jordan make more plays as a rookie than Charles Harris. Harris was insanely invisible last year. If he develops into a star it will all be forgotten, but I do get pretty disappointed when first rounders don't make an impact. Why are they drafted in the first round then?

You would have really hated Aaron Rodgers then. He sat on the bench for three years after being drafted in the first round.

The Tunsil pick was getting rave reviews too. Time will tell.
Great point. I'm on record as absolutely loving the Minkah pick, but I agree we should not forget that he still has much to prove. This is a new level of play with new challenges. I think he'll rise to meet them, but time will tell the tale. It should be fun to watch.

If we are being honest with ourselves I don't think anyone expected Minkah to be there at 11
I kinda glanced over him as far as what experts were saying about his ability and whatnot. He just seemed like a generational safety. I thought, “yeah....this would only be a pipe dream” then stopped considering him for our spot.

I kinda glanced over him as far as what experts were saying about his ability and whatnot. He just seemed like a generational safety. I thought, “yeah....this would only be a pipe dream” then stopped considering him for our spot.
I think the Dolphins wanted him all along and they were just building the hype on Baker so the Browns and everyone else would forget about Minkah.

Not treated properly in hindsight, but a treatment plan that was fully approved by the most reknown sports surgeon in the industry and a host full of doctors and team officials, and Ryan Tannehill himself.

When you do a full rehab and you knee is cleared with the statement that its as strong as its ever been after rehab and even people and coaches talking about his DNA being superhuman . . . . . and then you get hurt again . . . . saying its just one injury is very misleading. Again semantics. He had to do 2 FULL rehabilitations . . . so if you want to consider it "one injury" make sure you don't leave out that part of it.

And Gase absolutely loves Ryan Tannehill . . . he has been quoted saying how he has Ryan playing like a beast in mini camps and early training camp last year . . . you know, on the injured, I mean fixed, I mean injured but fixed knee. He has put the eggs in the Ryan Tannehill basket . . . but that is Adam Gase for you . . . its up to your GM/VP to insure themselves at the most important position in the field and they have failed from that aspect thus far . . . . even if it is "Adam Gase's" draft.

According to reports at the time, the play in practice did no further damage to the knee. It only revealed that the knee was still unstable from the original injury. Based on the initial reports, people thought they had dodged a bullet. IMO, the decision to have the surgery was to avoid inevitable future injury. An unstable knee could result in an injury that includes other ligaments, cartilage, etc.

https://www.boston.com/sports/nfl/2...-non-contact-knee-injury-in-dolphins-practice

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/08/0...no-structural-damage-to-ryan-tannehills-knee/

It's hard to believe that they have been so oblivious when it comes to a developmental QB beyond Fales - especially since surprisingly the Triad has been so responsive to our other needs.

I think they have their eye on a few possible high upside potential QBs that could well be released including Teddy in NY and Kelly in Denver among others. At least I hope they do.

Chad Kelly would be an interesting one. I don't know how Denver can keep him.

He grew up playing sports with my son. I've got photos of him playing baseball and soccer.

It would be pretty cool for him to be a Dolphin (although given his uncle is Jim Kelly that would be weird).

Tannehill isn't going anywhere, he will get a 10 year window to see what he can be.

Typical bullshit phrasing. I prefer - "He will get a 10 year window to wait while the dickheads in the FO try to build a decent team. "

or "He will be made to suffer for 10 years while the dickheads in the FO try to build a team."

Here is what I Know about this kid. He played for Ohio..... Most of their games were on Tuesday and Friday...... I bet the over on a bunch of them, and I'm not sure I lost any..... Just my $.02

Typical bullshit phrasing. I prefer - "He will get a 10 year window to wait while the dickheads in the FO try to build a decent team. "
Our team is decent I mean we signed Robert Quinn, Danny Amendola, and Albert Wilson. I mean that's pretty freaking awsome

Back
Top Bottom